Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

precision posted:

Palm Springs on hulu is really good. Go in blind like I did

Very funny and also sweet. Great date night movie for quarantine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

feedmyleg posted:

Hi it's me, the audience for Wandavision. I yammer on about how good Bewitched and the Dick Van Dyke Show are in casual conversation, and had been checked out of the MCU for ages before this show. But I'm so into the concept that I'm waiting until more episodes are out to watch it. Unless I cave tonight.

I had a time in my childhood where one of the most wonderful evenings imaginable was sitting down with a Kids Cuisine frozen dinner to watch Nick At Night reruns of I Love Lucy, Bewitched, and whatever other wonderful old shows were playing.

My partner and I decided to give WandaVision a whirl without knowing very much about what to expect other than "it looks weird". We loved it!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Watched Icarus, on Netflix, last night. It's a documentary about international sports doping, but kind of twists part of the way through. A wild ride, really engaging, and I definitely recommend it!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Finally got around to watching Another Round on Hulu. Wow! Great film, fantastic balance between funny and dark. Certainly visceral for anybody who has struggled with alcohol in their lives.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Watched a really interesting documentary on Hulu last night, The Donut King.

Ever notice how virtually every. single. mom & pop donut shop in the USA is run by an Asian immigrant family? Well, they're probably Cambodian, and this documentary explains how that all happened. Fascinating stories, and now I want to get some donuts.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Simone Magus posted:

Jesus The Tomorrow War is almost 2 and a half loving hours long

Yeah it was, but I just finished it and enjoyed it well enough. Did split a bottle of red with my lady while watching it, but we enjoyed it for a lazy Friday afternoon flick.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Equilibrium was phenomenally cool to 15 year old me and my buddies. Hell yeah. Also Jet Li's The One.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Wait no, I don't actually care about people who prefer a weekly schedule. They can do what they want. I actually hate the companies who won't dump a whole season at a time and let me binge their content which I pay for. If they did that, all you loving weekly weirdos could still watch one new episode a week. I wouldn't stop you. You could still have your conversations with your horrible compatriots. There's no need to have any opinions about how people watch TV. Just dump it all and let us decide how we view it.

Watching weekly is pretty fun, you should give it a shot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Also you weekly release people won. The war is over. Weekly is more and more common, not less.

And I'm drat well glad of it! Life is to be savored, not binged.