Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
My absolute favorite part about Aniara was that the ship interior really reminded me of Baltic Sea cruise ship. Perfectly executed production design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Agree with the earlier posters on Enola Holmes, hoping it gets two sequels. Biggest downside for me was the climax and the farewells after that, could've used another 15-20 minutes for a better emotional payoff.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

God Hole posted:

watch The Hunt (2012) with mads mikkelsen instead

I assumed people were talking about this at first and was then very confused.

DanTheFryingPan fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 14, 2021

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Kalko posted:

One question I have, which is about the industry/filming process, is that when they do those shot-reverse-shot bits where the actor is looking into the camera, is the other actor in the conversation even present on set at all? And when they do over-the-shoulder shots is it always a stand-in or is the other actor sometimes there, too?

I read things about how actors sometimes find it hard to work without any reference or how their performances depend upon the energy of the people around them or their particular co-star giving them stuff to work with and every time I see a scene framing only one actor I wonder if they were basically just speaking into thin air at that moment.

Like a lot of things in shooting films/TV, this varies a lot. Generally you want to have the other actor there so you get your cues right, but there might be scheduling conflicts, or maybe the stars just can't stand each other. Maybe you're doing re-shoots and you only need the one star. Maybe the co-star is having a fit and refuses to come on set for that particular scene. Maybe the actor works perfectly well with a stand-in.

Mostly you're doing several different types of shots during a given a day, so you're likely to also have shots with more than one actor visible, which means that the actors have to be available on set anyway. TV is also often more fast paced than film, so you're shooting more material in a single day.