Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Do any animals die or get violently attacked? I love those shows but hate those parts

Halfway through the first episode and so far no except if you feel bad for mackerel

But they show a flamingo baby doomed because of huge pink leggings made of salt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
That footage of the glacier ice collapsing into the ocean in Our Planet

:stare: :stonklol:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

There’s a sequence in episode 2 or 3 of a bunch of walruses falling off cliffs to their deaths that’s a bummer.

I’m on episode 4 and I don’t remember the last show that had me going “What the gently caress?!!!!” As often as Our Planet

The bird doing his courtship dance routines was like :psyduck: :unsmith:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Rome is right behind Deadwood as my favorite HBO series

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Existenz is a good movie. I bought the DVD when it came out and at the top of the cover it has a reviewer quote “Makes The Matrix look like child’s play”

The two films have nothing in common but whatever

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The Ted Bundy Netflix movie was a lot better than I was expecting

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I just finished Black Summer and my disbelief was working until the final episode where civilians are wildly firing guns at close range with pandemonium going on and only the zombies get killed

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Requiem For a Dream is like Happiness where I’m like gently caress that’s a great film but can’t recommend any friends watch it

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Basebf555 posted:

Excalibur is on Starz, does that qualify for this thread? It's ridiculously good, I can't believe I waited this long to see it.

I remember seeing this as a VHS rental in 1983 or so and my impressions as a 16 year old were

1. This movie rules
2. Naked Helen Mirren really rules

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kanine posted:

i just finished watching the leftovers and hands down that is probably in the top 5 of my favorite tv shows ive ever seen

I really hope it comes to Prime or Netflix

All I know about it is the premise and it has Christopher Eccleston so I’m sold

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

veni veni veni posted:

Y’all should check out Arctic on Prime it’s great.

Yeah I started this the other day and it’s really good so far. Would have watched it all by now but trying to finish Mindhunter season 2 which has its moments but has been a serious slog

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Started watching Mission Impossible: Fallout

I’ve only seen the first two and the second one had me going “enough with the loving masks”

20 minutes into the new one - oh gently caress it was a guy wearing a mask!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It’s been said before but World War Z could have potentially been a good Netflix or Prime series with each episode dealing with a chapter in the book (except for the shut in Japanese kid one)

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
No joke I had to google him because I was like “The loving drummer from Weezer is an actor?”

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

precision posted:

What'd the consensus end up being on El Camino? Despite loving Vince Gilligan I've had less than zero desire to watch it

It doesn't add a whole lot but I enjoyed it. You get more Badger and Skinny Pete plus some good :wtf: Todd stuff

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

precision posted:

It must be a paperwork nightmare that so many old people named "John" went by "Jack"

I've never understood the reasoning behind it either

I imagine it’s from a kid being John Jr. so Jack was a nickname the mom would yell and the kid would know he’s in trouble not Dad

Edit: Wikipedia says it’s a diminutive form of John so kinda yeah

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I saw Pulp Fiction in the theater when it came out and two seats away was a girl who’d seen it before and kept telling her friend what was about to happen. loving ruined it for me.

My absolute best theater experience in terms of the crowd reactions was seeing Aliens on opening night in 1986. And The Thing on opening night in 1982