Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Looks like Netflix has most, if not all, of the pre-Craig 007 movies up again. I watched Diamonds Are Forever last night. It’s not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Watched Free Solo on Hulu and holy hell the back end of that movie is intense.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

A dog and his man posted:

I agree with the One Planet comments.

It’s beautifully shot. But yeah, grim on climate change.

And, as someone earlier asked, so far no animal has been savagely killed. (Ok maybe one penguin)

There’s a sequence in episode 2 or 3 of a bunch of walruses falling off cliffs to their deaths that’s a bummer.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Anybody try You vs. Wild yet? I did one episode and it’s kinda goofy but entertaining.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The very best thing about NuSpiria is that it is a completely different film to the original.

It is certainly that. I thought it was pretty bloated and I lost interest whenever the psychiatrist was on screen. Score was good tho.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m not sure what to make of The Man who killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot. A lot of the flashbacks and the personal moments are great, but the actual Bigfoot poo poo is so bad. It feels like it started as a really good drama starring Sam Elliot as a regretful heartbroken WW2 vet that they inexplicably dumped some SyFy original movie poo poo into. It’s a seriously mixed bag.

This is pretty much exactly how I felt about it. The Bigfoot segment was Asylum tier.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Excalibur fucks

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I love the stupid mask bits in the Missions Impossible

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The MSJ posted:

I thought the general goon opinion about the WWZ book is that it's a collection of great ideas among stupid chud and weeb poo poo.

It’s this.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Posting to let everyone know that the version of Cinema Paradiso, this forum’s namesake, on HBOMax is cropped to 4:3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Has anyone used AMC+ through the Prime app? I signed up for a trial so I could watch Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter and it had these weird fade outs and fade ins seemingly mid scene like they were supposed to be ad breaks. The end credits also appeared to be fast forwarded. It wasn’t a full on TV edit because there were boobs in it but it seemed off. Are those things in the original movie?