Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I haven’t seen that episode yet but I’m thinking maybe I’ll just go take my dog for a long walk during that part. He doesn’t need to be upset like that.

i cant watch anything where animals are hurt/killed or else I turn into a big weepy baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'm reminded of the story David Sedaris told about his sister, where they drove past a bad car accident and she said "I hope there wasn't a dog in the back seat."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's kinda hosed up lmao.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Sarah posted:

I’m a giant baby when animals die in movies/shows and it didn’t bother me. Partly because I knew it was coming and partly because in my mind by putting the animals down they are saving them from horrible slow deaths.

One of the guys goes out of his way to repeatedly threaten the new guy if he allows an animal to suffer.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

yeah, there are so many moments in this that could have been done really badly but they treated every single bit of it with such seriousness that it comes across as really respectful

that said, i am disappointed and shocked that there wasn't a single blyat

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

yeah, there are so many moments in this that could have been done really badly but they treated every single bit of it with such seriousness that it comes across as really respectful

that said, i am disappointed and shocked that there wasn't a single blyat

Why say blyat when nothing is wrong with the reactor, comrade?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
From the dude whose dog story was shot, but cut from the show because it was a bit too much:

quote:

I couldn't tell my son about it. He's a kid. Where was I? What was I doing? He still thinks his father was over there defending someone or something. That he was at his battle station! They showed it on television: military equipment, lots of soldiers. There were a lot of soldiers. My son asks me: "Papa, you were like a soldier?"

sad dad feels.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The last episode was really good. "Why worry about something thats not going to happen" :ussr:

I also just saw that there's a mini-series of Catch 22, it seems pretty good so far, the bomber footage is really good. I think it skips a whole bunch of stuff but I haven't read the book in ages so :shrug:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never read the book but it was a good show and easy to binge over a weekend.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
While Wikipedia-surfing, I came across the random jewel of knowledge that there's apparently a second season of The Terror scheduled for air on August 12th. Story is set in a Japanese internment camp, and the season features George Takei.

I'm intrigued.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 14, 2019

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/worstletterboxd/status/1141088849407434752?s=20

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/1144590589511557120

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

That is something someone with schizophrenia would say. She seriously no-bullshit, absolutely needs help.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Bored As gently caress posted:

That is something someone with schizophrenia would say. She seriously no-bullshit, absolutely needs help.

Well, good news: She's running for president!

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

She's like getting the math answer right using the wrong formula.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
She's got my vote

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Guy on the right is in “Haunting of Hill House” on Netflix and plays like a suburban writer dad type guy and looks so different to that photo that it took me a while to place him.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
“Handsome” on Netflix shows that for a writer, uh, Jeff Garlin makes a fine actor

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Blew through Stranger Things S3 today. Gets a solid 4/5 out of me. Like everyone else on the internet, Eleven reading the note at the end hit me in the feels.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Not reading the spoilers but I think I heard it was better than last season? Wonder if they do anything else with that kind of silly side story with the other girl from last season

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Not reading the spoilers but I think I heard it was better than last season? Wonder if they do anything else with that kind of silly side story with the other girl from last season

Definitely better than 2, I'd say just below 1. I left the spoiler vague but I still wouldn't click on it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

did they open it up for more seasons so they can milk it for the rest of our lives

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

did they open it up for more seasons so they can milk it for the rest of our lives

They set up Season 4, but they've telegraphed that they can't sustain it forever.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol they said this was the last for sure

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

GD_American posted:

“Handsome” on Netflix shows that for a writer, uh, Jeff Garlin makes a fine actor

Jeff Garlin is pretty great on Curb. I don't know how difficult a gig that's considered. Just look confused, ashamed or annoyed at whatever your costar is currently saying.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol they said this was the last for sure

I didn't see the press, I only know what I saw.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Jeff Garlin is pretty great on Curb. I don't know how difficult a gig that's considered. Just look confused, ashamed or annoyed at whatever your costar is currently saying.

Yeah everything I've seen him in before (even the Goldbergs, which, ugh) he was quality. But this was apparently his baby and he's just not a writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

GD_American posted:

Yeah everything I've seen him in before (even the Goldbergs, which, ugh) he was quality. But this was apparently his baby and he's just not a writer.

I saw him at a comedy club. Seems like a genuinely good guy. Hes very much involved with the "writing" (improv) of curb. He did a Q&A where he mentioned his POV of the "parking lot incident" and seemed regretful.