Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Goddamn it, I KNEW Arya was gonna try to jump Gendry's bones after flirting in E1. Was less certain about whether it would work or not.

Lot of people gonna die in E3. This was the episode to remind you how much like your favorite character(s) before you get stabbed in the heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I’m sad that Jamie doesn’t have a piece of dragon glass tied to his metal hand to punch things with.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Godholio posted:

Goddamn it, I KNEW Arya was gonna try to jump Gendry's bones after flirting in E1. Was less certain about whether it would work or not.
General consensus in the TVIV thread is it did not. I think if they'd had a few more episodes to breathe in this season that could have been less rushed.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Friar Zucchini posted:

General consensus in the TVIV thread is it did not. I think if they'd had a few more episodes to breathe in this season that could have been less rushed.

People do poo poo when they know its pretty drat certain they will die.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

honestly I don't want to watch this poo poo until I found out if arya lives since after suffering through the loving books she was the only decent character

Also the whole show is a master prank on america because it stands off with pretty generic medieval drama and fighting and morphs into full on fantasy novel where people are cheering for a dude to gently caress his own aunt

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

also rose leslie campaigns for the loving tories lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ded posted:

People do poo poo when they know its pretty drat certain they will die.

i mean she outright says since i might die i wanna know what it's like

how many episodes is the final season expected to be?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

i mean she outright says since i might die i wanna know what it's like

how many episodes is the final season expected to be?

Six or seven IIRC

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Barry is the best and NoHo Hank is a national imported treasure

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

Lot of people gonna die in E3. This was the episode to remind you how much like your favorite character(s) before you get stabbed in the heart.

That episode was entirely about giving you closure for like 90% of the characters.

Seriously, only character that's going to really gut me if he's killed is Tormund.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

sounds like it's time to get your death pool votes in for ep 3 folks

i say gendry, brienne, daenarys, and one of the dragons get it

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I agree with all those, but throw in Barrick, and Arya.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
arya is toast

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Death list? Too long

Survivor list:
Samwell
Gilly
King Sam Jr first of his name and secretly son of Mance
Arya
Arya’s daughter, finally Eddard and Robert got to unite their bloodlines
Yara because she was smart and hosed off
Bronn, also smart enough to gently caress off
Pod, who will finish his hero’s journey circa Neville Longbottom

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

pod's monster dong is giong to defeat the night king

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

M_Gargantua posted:

Death list? Too long

Survivor list:
Samwell
Gilly
King Sam Jr first of his name and secretly son of Mance
Arya
Arya’s daughter, finally Eddard and Robert got to unite their bloodlines
Yara because she was smart and hosed off
Bronn, also smart enough to gently caress off
Pod, who will finish his hero’s journey circa Neville Longbottom

I can get down with this, but also...

Tormund is gonna live. I can loving feel it.

Then he's going to go on an absolute bender and gently caress poo poo up because Brienne gets killed.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Everyone’s going to die but my tears will be shed for Tormund alone.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I mean, it's not entirely surprising, you've got Sophie Turner and Maise Williams both at what - age 14 - starting when the show aired first like ten years ago, but while Sansa has consistently been portrayed as becoming a grown woman with smarts, cunning, courage and responsibility throughout the poo poo she lives through, Arya was still portrayed as a dorky pudgy girl that just became more badass until like the last season and a half, and was still constantly referred to as "a girl" until the beginning of season 7.

Nevermind that at this point in the books, John Snow, Arya, and Sansa are all still like 17 years old or whatever, without even mentioning GRRM's obsession with copious amounts of rape, incest, and child abuse.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Maisie Williams lasted so long without showing skin that I was earnestly hoping they'd just skip to her leaving the room with a naked and exhausted Gendry in the background

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Jon will live. After coming back from the dead, again.

Pod will live.

Tormond will loving live.

Everyone else? Toast. Lich dragon gunna roast some fools.

edit : everyone in the crypt is going to die. they said it was safe too loving many times.

ded fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 23, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I want Tyrion to live, and Jaime to just replace his hand with an obsidian dagger like a lovely T1000

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the showrunners have any balls, the next episode is gonna be one of those recap episodes of everyone's greatest hits as they stare out from the castle wall.

E: and episode after that will be a bottle episode in the crypt while the fight rages above

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 23, 2019

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Slim Pickens posted:

If the showrunners have any balls, the next episode is gonna be one of those recap episodes of everyone's greatest hits as they stare out from the castle wall.

E: and episode after that will be a bottle episode in the crypt while the fight rages above

A loving clipshow? gently caress that and you.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Gendry, Podrick, Brienne (watching Pod die), Sir Friendzone, Davos, and one of the Stark daughters are done. Probably a dragon, too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

Gendry, Podrick, Brienne (watching Pod die), Sir Friendzone, Davos, and one of the Stark daughters are done. Probably a dragon, too.

gently caress you Davos owns, and I just know itll be the worst Stark that survives

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Iirc the season trailer showed Arya injured and fleeing from a threat, so coupled with the fact that she had this badass moment of confidence in the last episode regarding facing the army of the dead, I'd assume she's a goner.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hey thanks Klaus I specifically avoided watching the trailers so I'd go in blind

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My bad, it was also in the lSt preview iirc, so I assumed it was old knowledge.

In any case, I'm pulling the pick out of my rear end anyway, because her surviving poo poo like that seems more probable considering their tendency to surprise-kill mogherfuckers

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I wonder if her worshipping the God of death will come into play

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
The Night King is Syrio Forel.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Calling Hodor moment in the Godswood where it's revealed that the Night King is simultaneously himself, the Many Faced God and the Lord of Light and turns Arya and flame sword dude to White Walker captains as Arya gets ready to KO Night King via ninja poo poo. Red Witch makes an appearance.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Red witch bangs the night king and makes a regular baby

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ned stark is the night king

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Well that just guarantees the good guys win then

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fswj_XwgB8

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/maia419/status/1120358907074031617

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

:stare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's pretty drat funny.

Edit: So is CNN having a headline: For the record Maisie Williams is 22 years old

:lol: