Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Want that mother loving Clegane Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Syrian Lannister posted:

The Simpsons are still on?

That which is dead may never die.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

OK now I wish I was dead, thanks.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

For reals. George R. R. Martin already showed his hand when Ramsay Bolton said "if you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." There is a 0% chance that something completely horrible doesn't befall all of the protagonists.

My money is on the army of the dead winning.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

don't forget dany's dream back in season 2 when she wanders into the iron throne room and sees it empty with snow falling

p sure that's gonna be the real ending

Yeah, I could easily see that. She finally gets the throne, but everyone else in Westeros is dead, including her dragons, and there's an army of wights knocking on the door.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I say Bronn doesn't make it to the halfway point of the season
Bran dies sacrificing himself
Zombie dragon has to rack up a body count of reasonably important characters

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Pretty sure this season is just gonna satisfy every fan fantasy and end like a typical marvel movie and be boring uninspired bullshit like S7, prove me wrong fat man

Much like the Toronto Maple Leafs in the playoffs, you can't have a devastating letdown without raising people's hopes.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I agree with all those, but throw in Barrick, and Arya.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Maybe in your screening, mine didn't on Thursday afternoon.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

My reaction when people have been discussing impending deaths in this show has been that Jack Nicholson smiling and nodding gif.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Pretty sure Gilly got smoked too? Haven't finished watching the episode yet though

Edit: also nobody seems to mention literally all of the Dothraki got killed immediately.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 29, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Not enough death. And as a big baby bitch who doesn't like scary movies, I was freaking out pretty much the whole time. The Dothraki getting it was creepy as hell. Also the tidal wave of corpses washing over their lines.

Now we just have a handful of episodes where Cersei gets to be a gigantic rear end in a top hat, and Dany gets to continue on her path towards insanity.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

How much wildfire does Cersei have left? She could push the nuclear button and just kill everyone off including herself if there's enough to blow up the Red Keep. It's not below her, she was about to poison herself and her kid at the Battle of the Blackwater.

And then Tormund and Bronn take joint custody of the throne :getin:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

They are absolutely going to get hosed up bad, I'd wager by dragon fire and that that is how one of them goes down.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The only way this story can end is the worst possible way for every character people are attached to. I guarantee that Daenerys is going to lose her marbles sooner rather than later, seeing as how all of her longest, most trusted advisors are dropping like flies, along with her dragons. I'm thinking she's going to go "if I can't have the iron throne nobody can" and gently caress everyone up before getting stabbed in the back by Tyrion.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

GD_American posted:

Jaime kills Cersei
Cleganes kill each other
Arya kills Jaime
Jon kills Daenarys

Woman inherits the earth.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I just hope that Daenerys reputation gets thoroughly destroyed by the end, just so I stop seeing stupid "hehe I'm the real mother of dragons, look at my kids" posts. No, Stephanie, you're just a poor parent who can't control their children.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

beanieson posted:

Dany did 9/11

Dragon fire can't melt steel beams, Cersei did 9/11

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'd almost put money on them making time circular, and having Gendry start another Baratheon rebellion against the mad Targaryen.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

So, who is still on Daenery's side? Just Grey Worm?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. It was OK.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Ceiling fan posted:

Hey, I had a small release of radiation with no increase in normal radiation levels, not a meltdown.:colbert:

There's smoking graphite on your roof, though :crossarms:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

This show is only good when things are falling apart and everyone's dying anyway.

I'd love for the people who are freaking out about this turn of events to explain why they thought this story was going to end happily.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Tonight's episode is going to be a poo poo show :getin:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Life sucks, then you die.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I prefer my dragons to be loving cars, thank you very much.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Gotta train a replacement, not every king will be psychic and HUMINT is a generational asset.

I think that's where they then just choose the next person who is the three eyed raven to be king or queen.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I was hoping for more of a meltdown, so much like the last episode the reaction is a big wet fart, too.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

We all know that the only way to fix a monarchy is with plenty of guillotines.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Absolutely. I'm sure the next person they pick will also be unable to have kids that they would want to take over after they die. I'm also sure that what remains of the general population of Westeros won't have any problems with the situation they're all left with now: decades of war leaving the countryside and most major cities destroyed, everyone in the North is dead, and now the people who caused all of it just proclaim everything to be fine now, especially with an army of people from halfway around the world running rampant because they don't have any real allegiance to the new crown.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Pretty sure the king could say "forget about that, you're my new grand maester now" and the Night's Watch would just have to go "OK".

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

There is no night’s watch :ssh:

Yeah I know, but they had to keep up the illusion until the Unsullied left, otherwise they'd all be killed by a bunch of dickless psychopathic supersoldiers.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The literal antifa supersoliders who beheaded the white parents in the town square :getin:

My man :gritin:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

No, it was because of his keto diet.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Wait, so does this mean that King Bran rules through bird law?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I grew up with a husky and a samoyed which had completely opposite temperaments. The husky was an unbridled whirlingdirvish of energy, and the samoyed would get excited for walkies just so she could lie down in the grass. Walking them was like having a top fuel dragster strapped to one arm, and a ship anchor strapped to the other.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The fact that it killed that German robot in a matter of moments was the shocking thing.

Radiation does not play any loving games.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, if you like animals that episode is a real bummer, but knowing what it was beforehand and the seriousness with which they portray it made it tolerable. If they were a group of psychopaths walking around laughing and drinking while they slaughter family pets that are running up to them, happy just to see a human, then I'd tell people that it's not worth watching.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'm reminded of the story David Sedaris told about his sister, where they drove past a bad car accident and she said "I hope there wasn't a dog in the back seat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

yeah, there are so many moments in this that could have been done really badly but they treated every single bit of it with such seriousness that it comes across as really respectful

that said, i am disappointed and shocked that there wasn't a single blyat

Why say blyat when nothing is wrong with the reactor, comrade?