Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I like to think that coming in behind the sun and staying too low for the firing arcs would have worked. But you didn't see any of the tower/wall mounted ones do any sort of rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just find it funny that they spent the last quarter of season 7, plus one of the major arcs for the entire series, then literally half of season 8 on the Night King fight. Filmed for 55 nights!!!!

And then they kill one major-ish character (Theon), two supporting characters (Barric, Jorah), and one of the big bads.

Two episodes later in a major fight that had hardly any windup we lose: Jaime, Cersei (the other big bad) to a loving cave-in, plus both cleganes, Qyburn, Varys, and probably some other people I'm forgetting.

And the golden company gets absolutely smoked, literally, without breaking formation.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just rewatched the episode (while I wait for Chernobyl, of course) and yeah, looks like the Scorpions have a really poo poo firing arc. At least the ones on the sea and the first set of towers. Afterwards the second set of towers didn't have anybody manning them, probably because of CGI budget or time constraints on post-processing :manning:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
people are so loving salty about refusing to admit the obvious signs of a tyrant

my mom got into the show about six months ago, binged the whole 7 seasons in about a week

she was like 'that bitch with the dragons is crazy like the rest of her family, i bet she goes nuts' sometime around season 4

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Jaime is captured by the Unsullied and freed by Tyrion, who told him of a secret passage out of the Red Keep that he would place a small dinghy at for them to escape.

Euron (who had previously been thrown from his ship into the sea by a Drogon-riding Dany) washed up right as Jaime was going to the secret passage. They duel, and Jaime is mortally wounded in the process of driving his sword through Euron's chest. He pushes upward to find Cersei, whom he is briefly reunited with as the Red Keep falls apart from a constant barrage of dragon fire.

Jaime and Cersei are both presumably killed by a pile of rubble that falls on them, after their only escape route (that Tyrion pitched to Jaime) ends up getting blocked by the Red Keep falling apart. Thus, Cersei was killed by her younger brother and a prettier woman as the prophecy foretold.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
my favorite part about all this is the white women screeching about how they named their child after dragon hitler

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
*smirks shcherbina-ishly*

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think I said something like 'oh, that's gonna be spicy' out loud when I realized that she was going to just burn everything down to the ground.

I am not emotionally invested in media like some people apparently.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's a very good show.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's all six episodes of the first season. I just finished it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I never read the book so I can't really comment on the comparison to it, but it was an entertaining ~6 hours and I would recommend it to people.

edit: MY BALLS made me laugh until cried, but it was really the only scene that was outright hilarious. It probably didn't help that I was binge watching it so I was emotionally invested in the show when that scene happened.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 18, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Reading over the Wikipedia entry for the book, I think they covered almost everything? There might be just the one season planned.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It was...okay?

I mean it didn't live up to anybody's expectations but I think it was a good enough ending. Sure do wish they didn't cut the episode count down because they wanted to gently caress off and write the new Star Wars trilogy that they got. Another two hours or so would have done wonders.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
more importantly, tomorrow is episode 3 of chernobyl

spicy rocks

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

Whoever is the camera and lighting crew on this show deserves buckets of awards. That shot with Sansa wearing the crown was absolutely incredible.

Yeah, the cinematography/lighting/etc was all amazing this episode in particular. The indiscriminate snow/ash, the lack of music and overall stillness of Tyrion walking, it's all very well done.

Say what you want about the content of this season (spoilers: it was meh) but they did a very, very good job with the atmosphere.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The Starks are also dead, just in one more generation. Bran is the last living male Stark and he can't have children. That also makes Jon the last living Targaryen.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Bran the Worgen King
Bran the All-Seeing
Bran the Unbreakable (it's ironic, you see)

Gonna collect my finder's fee for these when the kickstarter funded remake goes live.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
But did he live for a thousand years because he was in that goddamn tree?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The real Dylatov argues until his death in 1995 that they did everything right and fought as hard as he could to clear his name and the people that worked under him. It wasn’t until later that it was revealed that he was in fact correct in the sense that he followed instructions exactly and did what he was told. The problem lies with the Soviet military/civilian divide in nuclear tech meant that he was told a lot of lies and the people that knew about the reactor weren’t involved with the test, and the people involved with the test didn’t know about the flaws.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I could never get a Husky because I highly doubt I could wear out its energy every day to not have it get bored and destructive. That and the fact that Huskies don't handle anything hotter than room temperature very well, and having one in the 95+ degree spring/summer/fall (because global warming) would be downright cruel.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the roof scene was tight as hell tho

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the more complicated the electronic device the easier radiation fucks it up

more complicated anything really

which is why the red forest is so goddamn terrifying

it killed plants

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrsM5jv3mM

i love this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's a few scenes involving what can best be described as uh...burnt pizza man? But they're limited and intentionally haunting.

And there's about a (total of) 20 minute segment involving shooting radioactive dogs with a few scenes of actually shooting the animals. But it's not like a sadistic thing or anything, the poor dudes tasked with it take it super serious and get totally loving wasted because it's bothering them.