Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So is it...
This poll is closed.
drat the Man 11 8.73%
Screw the Woo 24 19.05%
No More Mrs Nice Bitch 26 20.63%
....THE BIG DOG! 65 51.59%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
hey I havent watched a wwe product in a whole lot of years but if that haitch promo was anything like what the recap says it was you're gonna have a hard time convincing me that poo poo wasn't written directly by Russo himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

BGrifter posted:

I’m not solidly convinced one way or the other, but I’m leaning toward he’s more Eugene in a “making fun of people with disabilities” kind of way rather than Festus “making fun of people with traumatic brain injury” sort of way.

Either way, it feels super gross in 2019.

On the one hand they haven't done anything that seems to obviously cross the line yet, and I think stories involving people with disabilities are important in countering the invisibility of people with disabilities, especially adults, in our society. A story about a wrestler who suffers from a developmental issue could be really interesting and good. On the other hand this is WWE a company that is not known for its ability to deal with stories in subtle and well thought out ways and they will likely get lazy and do something super offensive. Like the whole "you wouldn't like me when I am angry" thing kind of relies on a narrative that people with mental disabilities are dangerous because they can't control themselves and I doubt anyone whose opinion matters at WWE would care about something like that.

Then again they seem to be authentically trying to make space for people with disabilities in their fan base, so maybe this will end up not being awful?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

hey I havent watched a wwe product in a whole lot of years but if that haitch promo was anything like what the recap says it was you're gonna have a hard time convincing me that poo poo wasn't written directly by Russo himself

:agreed:

Chris James 2 posted:

I checked your twitter all night as more of that recap was posted mid-show because I had to know that Russo is back and, strangely enough, never saw you say Russo’s back. But that can’t be true, right, because this all sounds a whole lot like stuff they would book if he was back

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KungFu Grip posted:

i made signs for smackdown and 205 live because i needed something to get excited about

You're a monster but also that's pretty cool

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I hope Owens sees that sign and comes over and rips it up, because I figure you’d get a kick out of that :unsmith:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Then again they seem to be authentically trying to make space for people with disabilities in their fan base, so maybe this will end up not being awful?

I’m incredibly skeptical, but I’d love to be wrong.

This sign owns.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

I hope Owens sees that sign and comes over and rips it up, because I figure you’d get a kick out of that :unsmith:

Faces don't rip up signs

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my brain can’t really parse babyface kevin owens

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

jesus WEP posted:

my brain can’t really parse babyface kevin owens

he's just an average dad

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

KungFu Grip posted:

i made signs for smackdown and 205 live because i needed something to get excited about

Hell yeah both of these are great especially the first

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

jesus WEP posted:

my brain cant really parse babyface kevin owens

KO is only babyface until Sami shows up, then he's filled with the desire to murder and turns.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Dias posted:

KO is only babyface until Sami shows up, then he's filled with the desire to murder and turns.

Does murdering Sami really make you a heel?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Not according to Vince McMahon's favorite kingdom overseas

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BGrifter posted:

Does murdering Sami really make you a heel?

Sami Zayn is a pure ska child that should be cherished and protected.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Dias posted:

Sami Zayn is a pure ska child that should be cherished and protected.

Sami and KO’s fellow Canadians Propagandhi said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F03gEzdLa2g

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Where can I watch KOXMANIA TV?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

my sources indicate dana warrior is writing all the lacey evans bits

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BGrifter posted:

Sami and KOs fellow Canadians Propagandhi said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F03gEzdLa2g

Ska is good and kind-hearted, that's why all ska bands play "Ska Sucks".

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone fire Vince for letting Triple H perform intoxicated last night because that's the only way I can explain that promo

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I will say it’s been awhile since we had the pure unfiltered “I uhhhhhh am uhhhhhhh the game uhhhhhhhhh” for what felt like an hour. Takes me back to the 2000s.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2,783,000 average viewers, down from last week's 2,922,000

8PM 3.06mil
9PM 2.79mil
10PM 2.48mil

Mania Season

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Is Otis really a mentally handicapped character, though? I've always just taken him to be a big goober. Plus, he did a pretty straightforward "normal" voice when he said he was sensitive.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Saul Goode posted:

Where can I watch KOXMANIA TV?

If rumour is true, about 90% of the internet

Also, Evil Ska Sami will come back and murder Chill Dad Kevin this time

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Power Windows posted:

Is Otis really a mentally handicapped character, though? I've always just taken him to be a big goober. Plus, he did a pretty straightforward "normal" voice when he said he was sensitive.
I didn't watch enough weekly NXT TV to know differently but usually when someone from NXT gets called up Vince's new direction for them is a one-note character, usually the only part of that character or gimmick he understood and turned up to 11. Like how Bayley was a normal person in NXT who was just really kid-friendly but had a lot of heart but Vince just heard "Good with children" and decided now she's a child in a grown woman's body and a kissless virgin

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1103056709403107328

The Revival vs Roode & Gable vs Aleister Black & Ricochet

rovert fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 5, 2019

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Why does anyone still think we want to see worked shoots? When I watched Justice League, I don't remember Batman pausing in the middle of the fight and saying 'Hey, HENRY, how's the moustache?'. And if that seems like a ridiculous example, it's not. Wrestling is fiction, it's the exact same thing! Don't keep reminding us that it's fake dipshits. Christ worked shoots are pathetic.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The DC worked shoot is Titans

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What is the worst worked shoot of all time? I think my nod has to go to,"This isn't on my runsheet folks, Bill Goldberg has walked out of this match and now Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner will have to improvise a finish!"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Why does anyone still think we want to see worked shoots? When I watched Justice League, I don't remember Batman pausing in the middle of the fight and saying 'Hey, HENRY, how's the moustache?'. And if that seems like a ridiculous example, it's not. Wrestling is fiction, it's the exact same thing! Don't keep reminding us that it's fake dipshits. Christ worked shoots are pathetic.
I think it gets a semi-pass because the wrestlers are generally expected to stay in gimmick 24/7 for the most part, and are much more accessible than most conventional celebrities so people get this closer feeling to them than just a movie actor playing Batman. When some kind of worked shoot comes up like CM Punk leaving with the WWE title, fans get even more behind him because that's THEIR guy fighting against the WWE Corporation

But most worked shoots are generally stupid and bad and they really lose traction fast in the modern era BECAUSE wrestlers are so accessible and all have social media and a lot of them are just really bad at selling anything work related on twitter

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

jesus WEP posted:

Owens wouldn't do that. He's a babyface!

RealFoxy posted:

I think it gets a semi-pass because the wrestlers are generally expected to stay in gimmick 24/7 for the most part, and are much more accessible than most conventional celebrities so people get this closer feeling to them than just a movie actor playing Batman. When some kind of worked shoot comes up like CM Punk leaving with the WWE title, fans get even more behind him because that's THEIR guy fighting against the WWE Corporation

But most worked shoots are generally stupid and bad

Twitter isn't considered canon (they didn't mention it at all on the show) and HHH's promo was probably supposed to be more like Batman saying "this isn't Batman speaking, it's Bruce Wayne," and less of "this isn't Batman, it's Ben Affleck." Whether it came off that way depends on how you look at it because in general it seems like most people liked that promo a lot better than I did. I thought it was really dumb and the worked shoot stuff added nothing to it. But I'm not always going to like stuff the same as everyone else and I don't consider anything that happened on the show to be a big deal.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 5, 2019

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Back when WWE was in tune with its audience

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1103040169970724864

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

What is the worst worked shoot of all time? I think my nod has to go to,"This isn't on my runsheet folks, Bill Goldberg has walked out of this match and now Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner will have to improvise a finish!"

Is this on YouTube? I've never actually seen it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Still not as offensive as last night’s Raw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Black Is Black posted:

Wait, was this the go home for Fastlane?

Can’t get over this tbh.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Big Huski Boi posted:

It was from WCW New Blood Rising.

RealFoxy posted:

But most worked shoots are generally stupid and bad and they really lose traction fast in the modern era BECAUSE wrestlers are so accessible and all have social media and a lot of them are just really bad at selling anything work related on twitter

It's strange that WWE is the only entertainment show that has all this scripted stuff mixed in with the people doing stuff outside of kayfabe. All the packages showing the Make A Wish type stuff, the reality show promos, promoting their Twitters that just show people hanging out. None of this stuff was mixed into the show in the 90s.

It would be the equivalent of watching a 1 hour drama, and then they bookend a commercial break with the bad guy talking about Black History Month or doing some charity related activity. It just seems weird.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Big Huski Boi posted:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rctb

The madness starts 9 minutes, 45 seconds in.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Fast Lane is turning sharply to the right

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Alexa Bliss: all about those sexy abs

and also women's history month

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

he's just an average dad

He just wants his kids back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010