Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What would happen?
This poll is closed.
Grow a new head 3 15.00%
Grow a new body 17 85.00%
Total: 20 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Say there was an immortal person who could heal from any wound and that person got their head chopped off; what would happen? Would their body grow a new head or would they grow a new body from their head? Only one can happen in this hypothetical situation not both so you have to pick one. Also forget about conservation of mass and whatnot; what do you think would happen to this fictitious person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
How are they immortal? Is it magic bullshit? Or nano-machines, son!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i’m gonna say new body if we ignore energy requirements

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
but it’d have to prob be new head under less magical conditions

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Is this hypothetical person part starfish?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
it depends on where their lifegem is located dumbass

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Look, there's no way a head could produce the necessary energy to regrow a body, this is simple physics you dolts. A body could get around and feed itself - gruesomely - but we all know immortality ain't pretty baby

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
How long could an immortal person be in prison before their cover is blown?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Both.
The head would grow a new body, and the body a new head. Then there would be two immortals.

This is basic "Cloning Immortals 101" stuff.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

I am immortal
I have inside me blood of kings
-Freddie "actually mortal" Mercury

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Internetjack posted:

Both.
The head would grow a new body, and the body a new head. Then there would be two immortals.

This is basic "Cloning Immortals 101" stuff.

YOU CAN'T PICK BOTH IT'S ONE OR THE OTHER

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we don't know enough about the rules of the universe to make an accurate judgement really

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Chop off and freeze one head, reattach later. 2 heads!

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Even if the body could grow a new head, the new head wouldn't have any of the memories of the old head, so what would be the point?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That implies that your memory is stored in your head. If you can freely regrow it, it could be in your spine or some kind of cloud storage.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
no goku option, not checkbox poll, no "both" option.

gently caress u OP

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
by now my memory is stored in my phone for sure

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah WTF op didnt goto poll class

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'd grow a new post OP

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Memory is stored in the bowls.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bowels or pipes?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

marijuanamancer posted:

bowels or pipes?

Think more harry potter.

Woden
May 6, 2006
They both do but the one that grows back first kills the other like a queen bee. Oh and before you complain that they can't kill the other because it's also immortal, you're wrong.

There can be only one.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Call Your Grandma posted:

I am immortal
I have inside me blood of kings
-Freddie "actually mortal" Mercury

He was talking about the Highlander duh

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you chop off the immortal head they are still dead. Sure an identical clone, perhaps 2, grow back from the remains but the original is dead and gone.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Colonel Cancer posted:

Think more harry potter.

the pensieve is a goddamn literal travesty and you know it

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

The real question is what happens if you cut in half up from the taint. Does the left side or the right side regrow the rest?

Actually, lots of taint related questions come up mind if you have the time OP

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

D&D troll quantum entanglement imo.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Gaunab posted:

YOU CAN'T PICK BOTH IT'S ONE OR THE OTHER

The collective knowledge of comic books and nerds that debate comic book stuff disagree.

In the DC universe, in the stupid L.E.G.I.O.N comic they had Lobo, a single drop of his blood grew a new Lobo, like immediately. Vril Dox eventually did some sort of chemical castration, probably because the writers realized it was one of the stupidest gimmicks ever.

In the Marvel world there's always been the Wolverine Question. If he can regrow a finger, can the cut off finger regrow a Wolverine. What if you cut him exactly in half?!?!? Would it grow two Wolverines. Nerds have debated the nuances of this scenario for decades.

I'd recommend a little study on the topic before posting, the info is out there.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Thots and Prayers posted:

How long could an immortal person be in prison before their cover is blown?

they would eventually make a move to end up getting killed and then could pretend to play dead and escape from the morgue

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
In men in black tommy lee jones blasts that guy in the face and he regrows his head. Does that count?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think the head should grow a horse body and the body should grow a dolphin head and then the dolphin man rides the horseman around when he wants to go to the beach and vape and chill and poo poo. :dukedog:

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
hmmm i dont know

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And then like when dolphin man is swimming around manhead horseman chats up ladies but it’s pointless because he literally has a two and half foot penis. But it’s like their the same person.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
i feel like i wouldn't get to decide this when it happened

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

shark body gorilla head

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Colonel Cancer posted:

That implies that your memory is stored in your head. If you can freely regrow it, it could be in your spine or some kind of cloud storage.

so thats what farts are

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
the body would grow a head because you can chop a whole head off a body easy but you don't chop a whole body off a gd head

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
QUAID. START THE REACTOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I'm growin right now, baby :heysexy: