Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I found myself with some extra free-time not too long ago and I thought it would be a real hoot to become a Chess Grandmaster. This thread's for us to share tips and tricks on how to crush our opponents.

Found a pretty tough chess puzzle yesterday, I'm still working on. White to move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yek_no_mpoysp
Mar 6, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
King me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The white queens, lacking a king's pheromone control, quickly become disorganized and start fighting amongst themselves as the black king watches the carnage. Sooner or later, the surviving queen changes color and pledges herself to the king as it cannot survive outside of a viable colony.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
time for bed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJwRwNTOeDM

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Well finally worked my way through Board Aesthetics in Zugzwang Endgame after breezing through Psychological Aspects of the Sicilian Defense: Nimzowitsch Variation anyone know some good theory books on how the horsies move?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Looking to spice up my game by winning without any of that Checkmate stuff. Figure it'll keep my opponent on their toes

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
What I like to do is move my pieces so that the other player's King can't avoid being captured.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

solved it!

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 6, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Pawn 17 posted:

solved it!

You take all the bad guys out with one bullet!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Pawn 17 posted:

solved it!

Big problem with this is you ending getting a queen captured which means you don't really have any choice but to resign, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Pawn 17 posted:

solved it!