Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

I don't like the look of the stealth stuff.

It's good . Just a way to like pare down multi enemy encounters to more manageable numbers before actually engaging . I feel like it serves the same purpose that cheesing with ranged weapons and exploiting aggro range did in souls games but feels less tedious and more satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I never felt like I had to cheese in one of these games. Hopefully you can just go in guns blazing if your feeling badass enough instead of playing it like Middle Earth Batman Far Cry stealth bullass, like this guy I'm watching is doing.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I never felt like I had to cheese in one of these games. Hopefully you can just go in guns blazing if your feeling badass enough instead of playing it like Middle Earth Batman Far Cry stealth bullass, like this guy I'm watching is doing.

My most recent souls experience is the DS2 DLC and Sunken City would have been miserable without whittling guys down with a bow . Now that I think about it though my first play through all the games I never really used ranged weapons . In my extremely limited Sekiro experience though you can basically do anything badass you want if you're good enough at the parry system

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

51 minutes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Reading the Buttery Smooth reviews on Steam and losing my mind.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I heard it has the wrong type of frame pacing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

I heard it has the wrong type of frame pacing.

PS4 stays winning

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

My most recent souls experience is the DS2 DLC and Sunken City would have been miserable without whittling guys down with a bow . Now that I think about it though my first play through all the games I never really used ranged weapons . In my extremely limited Sekiro experience though you can basically do anything badass you want if you're good enough at the parry system

dark souls 2 is miserable no matter how you play it because its garbage

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gently caress whom ever stole my twisty avatar. die!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

It's not a bad game it's just retarded

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Paking My Bowl

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

Paking My Bowl

The toke is a lie lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

6 minutes. I think I'll just load it up at midnight and go the start screen... that should tide me over...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's out. Restart Steam.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

It's out. Restart Steam.

Shaved seconds off my refund time. :cheers: Thanks for the tip homie. Been looking forward to the payout all week.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Shaved seconds off my refund time. :cheers: Thanks for the tip homie. Been looking forward to the payout all week.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hate colored ledges to indicate where you can grab.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Tomb Raider AF.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Tomb Raider AF.

Yeah. It's sooooo tacky especially since these people know how to design a good looking environment. The combat is top notch cool though and it's got a good wall jump

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Me too lol that's my only criticism though

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

dogs in this poo poo are pussies. refunding immediately

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I feel powerful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

think I killed the first boss. Those fights are loving tight

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol at the loot vacuum.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Plunging stealth kills are badass

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's epic folks .

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
looks like my ebay preorder gamble paid off ... now i get to play the game a day late. a free day of hype! haha! haha

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

you can definitely just run around looking for fights instead of sneaking

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

looks like my ebay preorder gamble paid off ... now i get to play the game a day late. a free day of hype! haha! haha

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I just impulse bought this rear end so I can go full motherfucking gorilla pimp refundies on its tits when I get home later.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

This

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im so bad at this game lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's very hard lol . All the named enemy fights I've done are brutal

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Trying not to spread Dragonrot to my friends

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

HolePisser1982 posted:

you can definitely just run around looking for fights instead of sneaking

I don’t like to sneak past fights, but I love being able to open up with a sick sneak attack.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah sneaking around and then taking everyone out one by one seems to be the best strategy. If you just run around guns blazing you're gonna get punished pretty hard unless you like kiting. Fighting multiple targets at once is very difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Starting over because I killed a merchant lol.