Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lyle approaching a From thread with an unpredictable but powerful take

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

goferchan posted:

Fighting Owl for the first time........ him listing out the rules of the Iron Code every time you go down is so loving epic

Owl is probably the best boss they've ever done imo. He uses your own moveset against you and feints attacks so it feels like you're on equal footing.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

speedrunners need their faces blown off with a 30 ought 6

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

Fighting Owl for the first time........ him listing out the rules of the Iron Code every time you go down is so loving epic

theres an extra fourth rule if u use a jozu statue and go down four times

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

theres an extra fourth rule if u use a jozu statue and go down four times

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Been rolling through NG+ to get quick Shura and then move onto NG+2 to grind out a bunch of sen/xp to get the All Skills trophy and finish the plat. The prayer beads carrying over makes NG+ feel way different that other from games but its still really fun, and im doing charmless for the first time. It's making certain bosses real nightmares!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
does spirit emblem cost reset to 10 at the beginning of a new game plus run? I regret not stocking up earlier…

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

does spirit emblem cost reset to 10 at the beginning of a new game plus run? I regret not stocking up earlier…

Nope you keep everything except underwater diving basically. No need to worry about prayer beads, headless drops, the dragon mask etc. You don't keep any of the ending-related items, all the NPCs reset obvi

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

right but I mean Spirit emblem cost when you buy one from an idol. At the beginning of the game they cost 10, but by the end they go up to 50 sen. If I do new game plus I might just cheat myself 999 of them in storage just so I can gently caress around a little

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

goferchan posted:

right but I mean Spirit emblem cost when you buy one from an idol. At the beginning of the game they cost 10, but by the end they go up to 50 sen. If I do new game plus I might just cheat myself 999 of them in storage just so I can gently caress around a little

They cost 50 in ng+

Yeah, spirit emblems having a cost is kind of annoying in the same way Bloodborne handles blood vials/bullets.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Sivek posted:

They cost 50 in ng+

Yeah, spirit emblems having a cost is kind of annoying in the same way Bloodborne handles blood vials/bullets.

Worth noting is that in NG+ you make way way more money than you did in NG. You should be able to afford them really fast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh huh ive literally never run out of spirit emblems so ive never bought one.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

oh huh ive literally never run out of spirit emblems so ive never bought one.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao the transition to fountainhead palace :stare: Im sure if youre Japanese it makes as much sense as having some gargoyles scoop you up

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Simply trying to take a nice walk after beating a general when a giant snake appeared. Not good!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I <3 the snake

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gyobu was a fun fight. I died against him maybe 9 times lol but absolutely crushed him when I won taking close to no damage. Only had 3 or 4 permadeath outside of that. Realised that using my res to escape and return to an idol makes far more sense than seeing it as a second go on a minibus etc.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Gyobu was a fun fight. I died against him maybe 9 times lol but absolutely crushed him when I won taking close to no damage. Only had 3 or 4 permadeath outside of that. Realised that using my res to escape and return to an idol makes far more sense than seeing it as a second go on a minibus etc.

Bet you took a lot of goes on the minibus in school.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I thought he was tricky enough yeah

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Bet you took a lot of goes on the minibus in school.

I've just seen my error...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lady Butterfly was cool. Took maybe 20 goes to get her but ended up liking the fight quite a lot. Her illusion attack sucked a lot though because I wasted my one snapseed. Then when I went to find more I found they're not that good anyway. The attack itself isn't that bad but I had her on near full posture break then by the time that attack ended it had dropped to 0 again, so that's what sent me out to find some more seeds. Also not a fan of the random projectiles she attacks with randomly throughout. Overall though a fun fight and a cool arena and music.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Loaded up my old save file from about a year ago. Picked up where I left off with trying to beat Owl the second time. I won’t quit until I beat him this time

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Got him. Imp Zone magic works again

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

herculon posted:

:hai:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Has anything changed after the patch? I’m pretty sure I should be at the end, but nothing happens when I run into the big field past the secret passage. I have all the endgame items and beat all the other bosses. Don’t know if my old save file got glitched or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

Classic

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

herculon posted:

Has anything changed after the patch? I’m pretty sure I should be at the end, but nothing happens when I run into the big field past the secret passage. I have all the endgame items and beat all the other bosses. Don’t know if my old save file got glitched or something.

If you can go to the field the boss should be there so sounds like something is wrong with your game or you already beat it?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Guess I did beat it and forgot. Been so long since I booted it up I didn’t know you can still run around after you beat it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

Guess I did beat it and forgot. Been so long since I booted it up I didn’t know you can still run around after you beat it.

Yeah I think you have to manually trigger NG+, otherwise you just stick around in NG

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the experience of fighting the final boss for hours all day and dying 50+ times and then starting it the next morning and only using one healing flask has stuck with me. sekiro is god tier

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

beating the super fast minibus in Ashina Castle only using perfect deflects on his insanely fast draw is so cool, had a tonne of fun with that fight and right by an idol so It was great. the standard enemies leading to him were a lot of fun too.

Didn't expect to have to fight Genichiro already man...

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Get his rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

beating the super fast minibus in Ashina Castle only using perfect deflects on his insanely fast draw is so cool, had a tonne of fun with that fight and right by an idol so It was great. the standard enemies leading to him were a lot of fun too.

Didn't expect to have to fight Genichiro already man...

it's a duel that must be settled. Good luck.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Thank you fellow samurai. My pal who beats all the From games said there are a bunch of paths to exhaust other than him atm that I might do. Not gonna do another boss from him to power up, thankfully grinding not possible in sekiro. But wanna see what else is around before ending his life. Need to find the information for that merchant so I can get more items from him too.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought you beat this game a while ago? Or did you start but not finish

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I started it twice before but dropped it. Not because it was bad just in a gaming funk last year so would start and switch stuff a lot. Furthest I got before this was to Juzou in Hirata and the general just after Ogre but before Gyoubu

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also last times I played the games I beat the first general on first or second goes and this time took like ten lol because I was practicing deflecting as much as I could and spent a good while with habeni after. So I ended up beating the Shinobi hunter in Hirata first go when he took me like 20 plus last time and easily mikiris on him. So having a lot more fun this time after making sure not to brute stuff in early game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Thank you fellow samurai. My pal who beats all the From games said there are a bunch of paths to exhaust other than him atm that I might do. Not gonna do another boss from him to power up, thankfully grinding not possible in sekiro. But wanna see what else is around before ending his life. Need to find the information for that merchant so I can get more items from him too.

grinding is possible in sekiro - but its skill grinding and you do it by wandering around finding the toughest enemies to kill