Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
soon to game.......,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im so bad at this game lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

i should have made a quicker beeline for that skill that gives you health w/ every visceral attack. this is the greatest feeling on earth

yea this skill is a must

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lol eavesdropped on a couple guys that were like “seriously? we’re going to fight a war with that?” and i was like “oh what, another ogre? pfft” but well, it wasnt an ogre.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

im stuck on 2 different bosses after finally beating drunk guy. this game is way harder than bloodborne lol

i died on highwire lady a billion times then killed horse guy on my first try w only the lil heal pellets lol. my hands were shaking and my heart felt like it was going to explode

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
first time i saw a rooster i didnt expect it to be hostile snd it killed me in a second.....now they all get the Shurikens.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

Horse guy seems a lot easier than lady butterfly, if you're patient and just wait for the grapple attack opportunities you can play it pretty safe . I haven't beaten lady butterfly yet but I think i have it figured out at this point

i was lucky to have just bought the grapple attack skill, as well.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

though i will say, whatever this game has in store for the super hard secret final boss, i am extremely afraid of it

the omega rooster

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

Got her rear end.

:pray:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
sneaking around and killing a bunch of unarmored dudes w/o being detected and one of them sees me and kills me in one hit lol. was womdering why they were giving me 90 xp each

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lol the further i get in this game the less confident i am that i can beat these enemies.....im so scared every time im in a new area

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
miyazaki: alright, u beat the game where u cannot block. how about this time, every enemy blocks u. goodu rucko

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

Also the miniboss fight in the castle dojo is the most incredibly badass samurai poo poo . It took me a million tries but I think my successful run was under 2 minutes long -- he dies super quickly but shreds your health with a single combo and successfully parrying him felt so badass

took me two tries cuz i just dodged left like bloodstarved beast lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the boss after him, howmstowherver———fuuuuuuuuuuuu

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

good exp farming run is Gun Fort idol, turn around and backstab dude for almost 300, takes 10 seconds to reset the idol

whats gun fort........

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
probably after the boss i havent killed....are there other places to go in ashina castle other than the dojo at the top

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just going to wander around for a whille

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

it’s not a huge help but dont forget to check the world map with Triangle/Y from the warp menu. good luck

this isnt actually helpful at all lol. looks cool though. i wish bloodborne had a big weird victorian city map like this one

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Juzo the drunkard is. A piece of poo poo

just ran into his brother and immediately got pissed off

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
cant beat genichiro round 2......hes really cool.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the giant retard on kongo mountain is asking me to kill him

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my friend told me the retard only wants me to kill him because i gave him the toy he wanted. so if u meet the giant mountain retard dont give him the white pinwheel

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this game has some bugs. centipedes and crickets to be exact

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I killed the Horse guy first, but now that I've figured out how to be aggressive I housed her after returning to the fight. At first I didn't like the deflect stuff but now that I understand how to bait parries and react properly when they try to wail on you the flow of combat is incredible

i beat her by just spamming r1 and dodge lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this games insanely good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thinking about tryong to play dark souls or bloodborne without a jump button or grapple hook and just shaking my head lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

I feel like I black out for a few seconds every time I beat a boss, I can totally understand

a very dangerous habit in this game

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
extremely tired of getting owned by genichiro even though i have five bead necklaces

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

Post divine child spoilers: did anyone go back to their sparring buddy after finding the mortal blade? I was glad to be able to kill him , he wanted it, but I was kind of disappointed he just stood there and let me instead of unleashing his full power level against me

bittersweet symphony starts playing

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
dduduhhhhhrrrhr huruurrrrrr

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

More like Oh, poo poo! Of The Water

shes cool as hell

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sorry mate wasnt sure if it was a spoiler or one of those super obscure fromsoft dialogue beats ur supposed to talk about on the internet.....guess i should beat the game first.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
cant play for a few days bc of a dead relative ftl

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Roberrrrtooooo!

imho the english va in this game is better than every other fromsoft game

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

extremebuff posted:

saving the dub for the second playthrough. wanted to respect the devs choice to have jp as the default

:hai: i changed it halfway through when i realized i was missing dialogue cuz i wasnt reading the subtitles lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ragg posted:

i thought all the story stuff was boring. lame characters droning on and on about some bull poo poo, also they all speak so fuckin gslowly.

oh, word?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

and like .. i watch a lot of anime right .. but theres some things you can only pick up on when people are speaking your own language.

this for real

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

It's the same as every Souls game

ya lol immortality is both bad & gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Well I always listen to patches laughing in Bloodborne