Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
The boss fights in Sekiro that are basically just another person with a sword are probably the most satisfying boss fights I've ever experienced. Has anyone tried the randomizer? Any other cool mods? Gonna try the boss rush mentioned earlier in the thread

Edit: Boss rush mod is awesome

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
But before you stab him you need to learn the secret power of the double click you parry his double slash and he dies in no time, it's just way faster than everything else so it could take a couple of tries

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Sivek posted:

They cost 50 in ng+

Yeah, spirit emblems having a cost is kind of annoying in the same way Bloodborne handles blood vials/bullets.

Worth noting is that in NG+ you make way way more money than you did in NG. You should be able to afford them really fast

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

herculon posted:

Has anything changed after the patch? I’m pretty sure I should be at the end, but nothing happens when I run into the big field past the secret passage. I have all the endgame items and beat all the other bosses. Don’t know if my old save file got glitched or something.

If you can go to the field the boss should be there so sounds like something is wrong with your game or you already beat it?

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
This made me wonder, which boss is the worst in Sekiro?

Demon of Hate feels more like a Bloodborne boss but I still love it. Probably Butterfly is the worst for me since her ghosts are just annoying and lovely

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

EmmyOk posted:

The purple one blocks terror but my amazing from pal was telling me about it as she had suggested it for the headless. But purple umbrella upgrade is locked behind a tool you can only get after beating the ape.

It’s not too bad. Like a poster said the kanji is too late, I think the spurt of blood is the hint to just start sprinting.

For me it's run the hell away when he starts lifting his head. I think he stands still for a bit before screaming too which is a good "get ready to run the gently caress away". Ranged attacks are good to throw while the scream is happening. That one attack is kind of bullshit but when you learn to spot it the boss becomes way more fun. It's also a bit counter intuitive to try and parry the giant sword swings but it makes the fight way more fun.

I did another attempt at an all bosses (ie. memory or prayer bead drop) deathless run today and can now confidently say that the bulls are the worst bosses, despite dying at the poison pit snake eyes on NG+. They're just so drat boring and obnoxious to fight.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

EmmyOk posted:

No I just stood still and held block instead of learning to deflect him. I thought he was more Vit based but looking back on the video he starts building metre p fast without power much vit damage. Glad that memories exist in this game so I can play him to mastery :hai:

You've got immortal blade, right? Two swings with that will stagger the first phase and do insane damage. Really good, espescially combined with the sparkles

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

EmmyOk posted:

You can use that for stuff other than deathblows on the immortals in Mt Kongo?

Yeah, you should be able to equip it as a Combat Art. Immortal Draw it's called and it rules

herculon posted:

The key to his second form is deflect his sword attacks and he’ll raise up for a giant swing. Deflect that and he’ll flop on the ground stunned. Hit his neck with the spear and hit the spear again to pull out a giant centipede for massive posture damage

Ok, wow, I had no idea about this. 258 hours played lol. Gotta try it out, sounds awesome.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

EmmyOk posted:

REturning to Ashina under attack is really cool and it's neat having to get your idols back with new enemies and stuff. But then the roof that's covered in purple ninjas that activate in packs then a boss fight with two purple ninjas made me turn the game off lol. Anything other than fodder in more than a 1v1 is miserable in this game

I haven't fought those purple roof ninjas since the first time I played the game. It's awful

RE: The double ninja bossfight you can use a sugar that makes you more stealthy and sneak kill the one hiding behind the corner. You can even puppeteer the first one to fight the second one for a bit!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Small piece of advice for second phase (spoiler tagging just in case you wanna do it yourself)

Contact Medicine, the thing that poisons you but with very weak poison is actually useful here. It's the kind of thing I'd forget I even had in the inventory at this point because it sure as poo poo isn't useful up to this point

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Oh yeah, there's missable content in this game btw so talk and eavesdrop a lot to Emma and Kuro now that you beat Owl. Rest if they just repeat to unlock more talking dialogue.

More specifically after putting the incense together eavesdrop on Kuro to hear him say "do what must be done" or whatever, talk to Emma, ask about it, rest, go upstairs, talk to Emma, rest, go to the Old Grave, talk to Emma, go to the Dilapidated Shrine, eavesdrop from behind the building, talk to Emma, ask her what it's about and ask what she's hiding. Guessing all of that poo poo is drat near impossible.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

EmmyOk posted:

the purple ninja that can endlessly summon dogs is the worst encounter of all time so I just ran past

Best thing about this is you can use the bone whistle to make the dogs kill the ninja

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the first time I fought him I was stuck for ages and prodromally started replacing/reciting the lines of Shinobi code with increasingly enraged, mangled Tales of Symphonia dwarven vows like "dwarven vow number 69: gently caress my stupid face with a tire iron" until my girlfriend forced me to take a break

I got so loving pissed at him taunting me with ninja code bullshit the first time I played the game I turned off sound and subs

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
But also you'd know that because sticking a spear down the throat of a severed neck is brutal as hell so of course you'd try it I didn't try it until probably my 50th playthrough when someone told me

The big group of small monkeys you can make fight each other with the prostetic whistle and it rules.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

EmmyOk posted:

Knowing bees made twin apes a mandatory boss before monk because he did ape first :twisted:

lol that's brutal

You can also just run away from the scream. Upgraded Shuriken do good damage against a screaming monkey too, but personally I spend my emblems in phase one because it's way harder to me.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I mostly use Immortal Draw to kill the first phase quickly, spending all my emblems

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

EmmyOk posted:

Ah well by NG+ you realise you just run up the little hill to the left where the spear grunt is. Instantly mikiri the grunt then have a nic evil area to fight ogre where his throw won’t get you off the edge

You can just hook him when being thrown to not fall off any cliffs too

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I just spam the button while locked on and it's never failed for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

bitmap posted:

for the first time im trying my best to beat the game sekiro

When the chained ogre on the stairs throws you spam the hook button and let us know how well it works