Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I’m so angry that I’m stuck at work. I just want to theorycraft an awesome Cardinals team and wax nostalgic about the MV3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kirios posted:

So the Astros had some really good teams early in the century, have been fantastic recently, and utter garbage for about 10 years in between! I had to put Clemens in at his "worst" year as an Astro in order to make it all work, but otherwise, drat good team with a fantastic lineup, solid rotation and one of the best back-ends you'll ever see. Just don't put in Lucas Harrell or Mark Melancon, please.

Friend, I’ve got some bad news about Brad Lidge for you when it comes to my impending Cardinals lineup...

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Tom Gorman posted:

Man alive it's gonna be pretty tough to top that Dodgers squad

We can do it, I have faith!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I didn't try to optimize it too much, but I'm surprised by how sparse the pitching was for the Cardinals. There's probably a better version of this out there but I'm proud of this version including Darryl Kile.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Quick attempt at the White Sox, clearly not optimized since I'm using Melky Cabrera's 2015 as a DH season and still am solidly in the 80's. I was surprised how many quality SP seasons from different pitchers they had. The Cardinals' pitching history was pretty much just Carpenter and Waino above 6 WAR in any given year.