Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
lol minor best to the fight description

quote:

Satan's Backyard: PHOENIX (BLACK GUY ) JORDANIAN NIGHTMARE (ARABIC GUY)brutal beef between phoenix and jordanian nightmare over on the job trash talk ends with an injured lung .. For 3 months JORDANIAN NIGHTMARE had complained that phoenix wasnt propeprly doing his job, wich in turn made HIS job harder.. Phoenix considered it snitching when he was finally reported to the supervisor, and singled out the jordanian as the culprit...the jordanian is ALWAYS willing to fight, and accepted phoenix yard challenge immediatly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Amazing irony. Now JORDANIAN NIGHTMARE will be forced to do all the work because PHOENIX is injured.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I think my favorite part of making this thread is that now my youtube rec feed is full of Streetbeefs fights

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPYA5xfYAsQ

As the bloody day draws to an end, Scarface announces that there will be one final boxing match. In a dirtpatch framed by wiry bushes, a child amuses himself with a parasol. Beyond the threadlike perimeter of the ring, a shirtless man is caught in a struggle between gravity and his over-sized boxing gloves. On taut chain, a dog walks his master across the lawn. Such is the audience gathered to watch Heathen fight Beetlejuice - both men undefeated in The Yard.

A plastic bag does a run-in, but Heathen makes short work of it with a soccer toe bounce, asserting his dominance early. Beetlejuice fights using a combination of uppercuts, calisthenics and owl-hoots, with each interval punctuated by a pratfall. Heathen maintains control throughout the match, relentlessly pursuing the bio-exorcist. Beetlejuice makes good use of a standing eight count, hoisting an invisible championship belt over his head.

"How you feelin'?" asks the referee, receiving a feline snarl in response.

During the final seconds of the first round, Heathen lands a left hook squarely in his opponents face, but Beetlejuice is able to return to his corner unfelled. Alas, here ends the battle, breaking Beetlejuice's winning streak.

"Due to medical purposes," announces the referee, "red corner can't continue."

Off-screen, Fozzie Bear voices his frustration.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

beefs on the street. streets on the beef. street beefs. street beefs.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shGjSui5HUg

Three things

A. Streetbeefs is supposedly getting a tv show which is gonna be a legal nightmare and probably a real bad idea
B. I absolutely do not believe they are actually getting a tv show
C. Your internet is not busted, that is 240p video uploaded in the year of our lord 2019

Man when your opponent doesn't even get his name in the title

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Massive card uploaded today with a full 17 fights

Will be thumbing through to see if any stand out

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you for doing the lord's work, Mel.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Going through the card right now, a few fights stick out to me as some good ones. It’s a crazy long card and I am only about halfway through. Surprisingly decent showing by a lot of the guys. Very few absolute trashfire fights.

Here are the ones worth a watch

BANG EM VS PRESSURE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh6a8AB0p7A

One of the things about the new format is that each fight begins with (terrible) interviews. That means the first 30 seconds of every video is taken up with these interviews. This video is only 1:30. You know what that means.

These dudes fight like girls, and I mean that in a deeply complementary way. I dunno about you guys, but back at my white trash high school girls got into fist fights all the time. A girl on girl fistfight was always two people who didn’t give a gently caress about anything but swinging at the other bitch. That’s how these dudes go. It is a fight that is 100% fury and 0% technique. It is a spectacle of pure inelegance.

GALLOW GLASS VS MENACE MYKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icVp8SnutL0

I loving LOVE this fight.

This fight evokes for me the Golden Age of MMA. In one corner, you have a dude with a mullet who is repping his martial arts school. In the other corner, an unassuming dude who looks bored to be here. And, like any golden age MMA fight, the mullet dude who thinks he is a ninja gets sent to Valhalla in a bucket.

I miss the days when MMA was a dude who had a self-taught form of ninjitsu and went face first into the reality of an actual fight. This dude even loving bows before the fight starts and the other dude spider-monkeys him to death over the next two minutes. It is rare to see a dude so clearly loving screwed so soon after the bell rings

A+

THICKBOY VS JESTER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2nl4xsrMlg

Most men watch that scene of Rocky punching a frozen slab of meat and dream about being a boxer tough enough to reach for their dreams. Jester watched that scene and dedicated his life to becoming that slab of meat. Kind of a boring fight, but worth it to see how long a guy can last when all he wants to do is scream and cover his face. I am pretty sure Jason Pierre Paul can count how many punches Jester throws on one hand.

PRODIGAL SON VS DEYKNOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAcTlyuZX8o

Probably the best technical fight of the event. Both guys go multiple rounds doing pretty well for random weirdos in a dude’s back yard. Ends with a sick KO that is worth the watch

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

GALLOW GLASS VS MENACE MYKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icVp8SnutL0

I loving LOVE this fight.

This fight evokes for me the Golden Age of MMA. In one corner, you have a dude with a mullet who is repping his martial arts school. In the other corner, an unassuming dude who looks bored to be here. And, like any golden age MMA fight, the mullet dude who thinks he is a ninja gets sent to Valhalla in a bucket.

I miss the days when MMA was a dude who had a self-taught form of ninjitsu and went face first into the reality of an actual fight. This dude even loving bows before the fight starts and the other dude spider-monkeys him to death over the next two minutes. It is rare to see a dude so clearly loving screwed so soon after the bell rings

A+

I have a new favorite STREETBEEF. Everything before the first real big punch was art, but after that punch it got so much better.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I have a new favorite STREETBEEF. Everything before the first real big punch was art, but after that punch it got so much better.

I did some research about RAW MARTIAL ARTS the gym that the mullet dude is repping

its something

I am writing up a thing about it right now, but lemme give you a quick spoiler

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Please use spoiler tags if you're going to talk about RDR2 stranger quests or ambient encounters. I haven't found that one yet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This one has a crazy dick punch about 1:40 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZIErGx_py4

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I personally love the evolution of the ring over the course of this thread.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Some of the pre and post fight "interviews" are so cringeworthy. As entertaining as the fights.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

RAW MARTIAL ARTS

So, if you saw Gallow Glass repping his gym before his fight, you might be wondering why it looks like he has never had a fight on earth

The answer lies in what exactly Raw Martial Arts.

RMW doesn't have a website.
It doesn't have a business listing
It doesn't have a building

RMW is not a gym. RMW is an idea

Literally the only evidence I can find of it even existing is a facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Raw-Martial-Arts-129646057213916/

RMW describes itself as "a group of Martial Artists who train and practice various types of Martial Arts."

As best as I can figure, its literally a bunch of dudes who love anime and want to learn to be Naruto

I want to promise you, the following photos are all UNIRONIC

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Bluedeanie posted:

Please use spoiler tags if you're going to talk about RDR2 stranger quests or ambient encounters. I haven't found that one yet.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

RAW MARTIAL ARTS

lmao cmon man

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That's what happens when you grow up past the "might shoot up the highschool" phase. They seem pretty cool.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

RAW MARTIAL ARTS

So, if you saw Gallow Glass repping his gym before his fight, you might be wondering why it looks like he has never had a fight on earth

RMW describes itself as "a group of Martial Artists who train and practice various types of Martial Arts."

As best as I can figure, its literally a bunch of dudes who love anime and want to learn to be Naruto

This thread keeps getting better and better.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I think Deyknow shouldn't have come out for the third round.

One thing I like about this, aside from the noted evolution of the ring over time, is that the fighters don't seem to want to hurt each other. Like they want to fight, but when someone gets they tend to back off a bit and see if the other guy is ok. Except for prodigal son, he was all about knocking that guy out.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Like they want to fight, but when someone gets they tend to back off a bit and see if the other guy is ok.

Which lead to the all time great moment of a guy tapping out because he didn't want to keep hitting the other dude

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Count Winger of The White Lion Fighting Society teaches YOU the secrets of the Dim Mak

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

RAW MARTIAL ARTS

Street beefs rule and every haircut in this thread rules

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Not sure if this is better or worse than the BYWF from tyool 2000.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
deyknow was done after the first round and it was malpractice by the ref to let him stay in

i agree that what makes this watchable sometimes for me is a combination of the raw gaze into the rural american id and the heartwarming sensation that typically it seems as though both fighers understand how hellish the american healthcare system is and have no interest in putting the other in insurmountable debt

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
the hospital billing department is satan's real backyard

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
I want to know why Chuck's name is on the Wall of Fame but am too afraid to ask

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

nature6pk posted:

I want to know why Chuck's name is on the Wall of Fame but am too afraid to ask

My favorite wall of fame detail is that Leonidas is on there twice because the first time they spelled his name wrong as "Leonididas"

Socks4Hands posted:

deyknow was done after the first round and it was malpractice by the ref to let him stay in

I can say without hyperbole probably the most dangerous part of Streetbeefs is the ref

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Socks4Hands posted:

i agree that what makes this watchable sometimes for me is a combination of the raw gaze into the rural american id and the heartwarming sensation that typically it seems as though both fighers understand how hellish the american healthcare system is and have no interest in putting the other in insurmountable debt

Didn't even think that due to the hell that is the american health care system these guys are on the hook for medical bills.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That Juggalo Rob fight in the OP has officially cracked me up. Dude doesn't even bother getting his hands up, just soaks shots to the face until his opponent gives up and gasses out.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
How does one get their name so artfully spray painted on the Wall of Fame?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So I am catching up on the second half of the last card and holy poo poo

This fight

This fight right here

This fight loving rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u544eF8LJwQ

First of all, A+ to the t-shirt game both guys are bringing. Also, small props to Atlas for the only good pre-fight interview.

As for the fight itself... hoo boy

I have never seen a streetbeef fight specifically tell a story every round like this. Kumquat is an artist and Atlas is his canvas. I genuinely think Kumquat was just picking a style for each round.

First round is some really good ground and pound. The fact Atlas survived is a testament to his chin if you ask me. Towards the end Kumquat had a couple real good opportunities for an Americana finisher but he doesn't take it. Whether that is because he doesn't know what an Americana is or he just wants the fight to keep going is up to you.

Second round is Kumquat doing his impression of Anderson Silva. He dodges punches beautifully all round and basically saps the will to live from Atlas every time he does it.

Third round is Kumquat basically going "All kicks all the time". Just slams the dude's thighs and gut into paste. Amusingly, the only decent offense Atlas gets all round involves tagging Kumquat straight in the berries.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So I am catching up on the second half of the last card and holy poo poo

This fight

This fight right here

This fight loving rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u544eF8LJwQ

First of all, A+ to the t-shirt game both guys are bringing. Also, small props to Atlas for the only good pre-fight interview.

As for the fight itself... hoo boy

I have never seen a streetbeef fight specifically tell a story every round like this. Kumquat is an artist and Atlas is his canvas. I genuinely think Kumquat was just picking a style for each round.

First round is some really good ground and pound. The fact Atlas survived is a testament to his chin if you ask me. Towards the end Kumquat had a couple real good opportunities for an Americana finisher but he doesn't take it. Whether that is because he doesn't know what an Americana is or he just wants the fight to keep going is up to you.

Second round is Kumquat doing his impression of Anderson Silva. He dodges punches beautifully all round and basically saps the will to live from Atlas every time he does it.

Third round is Kumquat basically going "All kicks all the time". Just slams the dude's thighs and gut into paste. Amusingly, the only decent offense Atlas gets all round involves tagging Kumquat straight in the berries.

One day you will lie to me, and I will be sad.

But that day is not today. The T-Shirt game alone is worth the watch.

All I have to add is that Atlas lost something from his pants in the first round and I am not sure what.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

One day you will lie to me, and I will be sad.

Mel will never steer you wrong friend

The rest of the second half is mostly multi-round boxing and is pretty dull tbh

The problem with Streetbeefs boxing is that if the fight goes more than one round its usually really boring. Just three rounds of dudes noodling at each other.

Two other minor notes

One: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX669NXlrAo

What the gently caress is up with this dude's stance. He has his hands completely to the sides of his face and just sort of wobbles back and forth. Its like his face is the target in a carnival game. And he wins! Technically I think it was because the other guy wasn't defending himself but look at those punches and ask if anyone on earth would ever bother to defend against an "assault" like that.

Note two, I caught this in the background and it cracked me up

Just dead rear end busted nose Tom Holland all comatose in the background

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thanks for the thread OP. My son and I will be keeping up with STREET BEEFS now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That pic was from this fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXH3QyeEMUk

There is so much untreated anxiety in attendance you can distill it and sell it at the local Ralph's.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

That pic was from this fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXH3QyeEMUk

There is so much untreated anxiety in attendance you can distill it and sell it at the local Ralph's.

One day I am tempted to do a retrospective on the crowds for these fights

during the boring boxing matches I will sometimes let my eyes wander to the people in the back

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Here's a bit of a gem starring thread favourite El Diablo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ9lmmrW5yM

Features:
• Ref explaining to opponent that Diablo does not touch gloves, because he doesn't understand the concept
• The timekeeper being rendered speechless, causing ref to end the round prematurely
• Winner by pukeage

"The best fight I ever seen in my life" - Old man in ringside lawn chair

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

NAG posted:

Here's a bit of a gem starring thread favourite El Diablo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ9lmmrW5yM

Features:
• Ref explaining to opponent that Diablo does not touch gloves, because he doesn't understand the concept
• The timekeeper being rendered speechless, causing ref to end the round prematurely
• Winner by pukeage

"The best fight I ever seen in my life" - Old man in ringside lawn chair

loving Diablo got some voodoo making his opponents puke so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I can't get over how El Diablo looks like someone had a magic pen that turns any drawing into life and gave it A. Wyatt Mann