Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Liquid Communism posted:

Pickle Rick dude was at least there to fight. Can't fault his enthusiasm for flailing on the ground.

No one can claim there is a lack of enthusiasm in the yard, only varying degrees of skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wangsbig posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvaCFz95pLI

this is an impressively garish clash all around. my boy kodexx abiff(????) has exactly two punches in him, one of which comes in after a break. he spends the scrap just getting stoicly arm punched by a guy in pickle rick boxers. it's over via 10 count pin like it's pro wrestling

Wonderbread looks like one of Ian Rotten's kids.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

coconono posted:

Wonderbread looks like one of Ian Rotten's kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzzI2fX5aM

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Two takeaways

Boxers as MMA trunks is a pro-tier strat for STREETBEEFS fashion tech
I wanna know who was reporting on this event because lol boom mic and professional equipment out of nowhere

It was absolutely a trip, having only watched STREETBEEFS in this thread, to see a recommended video from their channel with five million views. I wonder if they're putting whatever youtube money they're getting into better STREETBEEF technology as this federation legitimizes itself

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ibexaz posted:

It was absolutely a trip, having only watched STREETBEEFS in this thread, to see a recommended video from their channel with five million views. I wonder if they're putting whatever youtube money they're getting into better STREETBEEF technology as this federation legitimizes itself

Wait...

What if our collective internet fascination in streetbeefs brings enough ad revenue into this community that we actually succeed where Doobie Dogs failed

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Streetbeefs brand hot dogs?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Draxion posted:

Streetbeefs brand hot dogs?

I'm opening a hot dog cart in Satan's Back Yard. Serving 100% beef, steal my idea and we'll settle it in the ring.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they strike me more of a taco truck kind of crowd.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
They're Doobie's target demographic

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

they strike me more of a taco truck kind of crowd.

I imagine a stand that just sells funyuns, faygo, beef jerkey and those Jimmy dean sausage-and-pancakes on a stick

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

New card up, and unlike last week this one has some bangers

MVP of the event: The Bearded Vape Dragon in the background

SPONGE BOB VS. BOBB WILSON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-KxOUgp4s

I gotta admit, this fight was surprising for me. Going into the match, I thought I knew exactly what was gonna happen. Instead, the exact opposite happened.

Kind of fun to see what happens when a guy learned the Philly Shell technique from watching Mayweather fights but never actually tried it.

CORNFLAKE VS. CLARK KENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX-KPLqthDY

You may recall Cornflake as the man who got pummeled to death by the Golden Corral Avenger in some dude's garage. This is his attempt at redemption.

Fight gets bonus points for happening in a rainstorm which gets worse as the fight progresses which is a very nice tough.

Cornflake reminds me of when I would play Street Fighter 2 on SNES. I was little kid, didn't know any of the special moves, but knew that hard kick was the most damage. So, I just kept swinging my slowest hardest kick over and over. That's how Cornflake boxes. The dude has two punches: Haymaker and Haymaker again. Pretty decent fight all things considered.

I am a bit caught up on the knockdown that happens at 1:43.

Like, its raining, so it could be a slip. But it doesn't look like he slips. At the same time, he goes down hard from what is essentially a love tap.

FULL THROTTLE VS GODS HAMMER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5nIvEdjQ6s

Gonna be honest, this fight is a bit of a disappointment. Apparently these dudes are both retired professional boxers, and also they are both liars. These guys swing like their entire boxing career was a 30 day cardio class pass from groupon. So why did it I include it?

Its a fun video to just let you soak in the majesty of the fact this is a boxing promotion out of a dude's backyard. There are just so many little nice touches to remind you this is happening in the rear end in a top hat of Virginia. Michael J Fox as camera man. 1 minute rounds. Cinder block stools for the corners.

BLACK SHOGUN VS CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zq_KnJ3xcY

Kind of a fun fight because you can actually see each fighter learning every round.

The first round is Shogun's. CA fights like a dude who has no depth perception. He absolutely kicks the poo poo out of the invisible man standing three feet in front of his opponent. He boxes like he just kind hopes the other guy will accidentally walk into his fist. Honestly, based on how timid CA looked, I figured the fight was Shoguns. What saves him is that Shogun throws the weakest punches I have ever seen. Just absolute noodle arm swings.

Towards the end of the first round CA accidentally gets in close and suddenly realizes he is a way better close fighter than distance fighter. The story of the second round is CA exploiting his new found discovery to punch back from the humiliation of the first round. I was kind of expecting an underdog win.

Third round though, Shogun starts controlling the space well. Some nice backstepping, some nice spacing jabs. CA is kind of naturally timid so Shogun just learns to keep him scared to come in close. Again, could have been a KO win with some of the clean shots Shogun got if not for the fact his hardest punch is a gentle caress from the spirit of the sweet Western wind.

EDIT: Apparently there is a second half that just started uploading. Will post a part 2 in a bit.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 11, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

JaySB posted:

I'm opening a hot dog cart in Satan's Back Yard. Serving 100% beef, steal my idea and we'll settle it in the ring.

Stealing this for later

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Satan's backyard looks pretty nice. Any reason they stopped fighting in an abandoned wood lot?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

STREETBEEFS announces it has invented a new type of combat sport that will be fought exclusively at STREETBEEFS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl1QU9PLAeM

CAGE BOXING

Rules:

-Fighters wear 4 oz. MMA gloves and elbow pads
-Clinch fighting is legal and will not be broken up
-Takedowns are legal and will be counted as a boxing knockdown
-no kicks or knees
-No ground fighting

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Loling at the idea of some dude just spamming takedowns constantly all fight long because it looks like he got 15 knockdowns a round on the cards

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those rules really benefit someone who knows a basic trip.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I can't wait for a wrestler to win by takedown against guys unable to sprawl.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Those rules really benefit someone who knows a basic trip.

Odddzy posted:

I can't wait for a wrestler to win by takedown against guys unable to sprawl.

I think you guys are deeply over-estimating the guys who are gonna sign up for cage boxing. I got the implicit idea based on the rules that its mostly for guys who want to throw people from clinch but don't want to actually learn a ground game.

Ironically, the takedown counts for points but no groundwork sounds a lot like the legendarily terrible WWF Brawl for All tournament. In which they had the same thing where takedowns count for points and then had the terrible idea to book Dan Severn in it.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

which one of you is gtispaz

e: i promise to charge my phone

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It's MMA rules for idiots who want to fight MMA style but don't 'get' MMA, which is perfect for StreetBeefs. Every time I watched a MMA match, I thought it was only a matter of time until somebody got seriously injured. Good thing everybody was focused on not getting punched in the head, that nobody realised that they could kick with their shoes on.

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

fart store posted:

which one of you is gtispaz

I'll have you know Chris "Sumo" Wilmore had a perfect 16-0 record in the yard until he was tapped out by newcomer White Dragon on a dark September night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzSssLYUdFI

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Let us discuss the powerful aura of Wolfman

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I never get to watch Sumo because its like 3am or someshit where I am or you have to scum around for some guy's cellphone stream. I would absolutely love seeing broken tooth americans do sumo.

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

coconono posted:

I never get to watch Sumo because its like 3am or someshit where I am or you have to scum around for some guy's cellphone stream. I would absolutely love seeing broken tooth americans do sumo.

NHK offers Sumo on-demand, free (not sure if it is available in all regions): https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/program/video/sumo/.

You get the 20-odd minute summaries and highlights of each day of the tournament, similar to the format Eurosport used when it aired Sumo in the late 90s/early 00s. Not sure if complete tournaments are available anywhere.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

NAG posted:

I'll have you know Chris "Sumo" Wilmore had a perfect 16-0 record in the yard until he was tapped out by newcomer White Dragon on a dark September night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzSssLYUdFI

Pretty sure that white dude is doing muay thai somewhere. Are they allowing trained folks to fight?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

spacetoaster posted:

Pretty sure that white dude is doing muay thai somewhere. Are they allowing trained folks to fight?

supposedly you're not supposed to get in the yard if you're licensed but I don't know if the StreetBeeefmiester seriously follows up on that.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

supposedly you're not supposed to get in the yard if you're licensed but I don't know if the StreetBeeefmiester seriously follows up on that.

Its also an extremely recent rule, only like three cards have happened with those rules

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

How can Scarface participate in anything besides a standard boxing match with a prosthetic leg? It seems somehow insanely unfair both FOR and AGAINST him. I also realized way to late that its the same guy that announces each fight, and seems to maybe be the founder of the whole thing? I call shenanigans.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Shenanigans on what?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Let us discuss the powerful aura of Wolfman

Wolfman is the GOAT Skreetbeefs fighter, his polar opposite being the worst fighter ever Bipolar Bobby

Cage Kicker fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 15, 2019

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

STREETBEEFS announces it has invented a new type of combat sport that will be fought exclusively at STREETBEEFS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl1QU9PLAeM

CAGE BOXING

Rules:

-Fighters wear 4 oz. MMA gloves and elbow pads
-Clinch fighting is legal and will not be broken up
-Takedowns are legal and will be counted as a boxing knockdown
-no kicks or knees
-No ground fighting

Good lord, this is just Brawl For All with MMA gloves.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

That was my.exact thought lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheKingslayer posted:

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

We can only hope it yet again ends in butterbean

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Looking forward to the eventual mma match between "guy who thinks he's butterbean" against "guy who thinks he's genki sudo"

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
This is like that one backyard wrestling thread we had way back. Trashfighting is so great, real or fake.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This is like that one backyard wrestling thread we had way back. Trashfighting is so great, real or fake.

I still fondly recall Sir William Black

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
incredible beef

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I hope that STREET BEEFS one day ups the production a tiny bit but keeps its personality, I imagine it'll be more genuine than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO2z69SqHB8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

willie_dee posted:

I hope that STREET BEEFS one day ups the production a tiny bit but keeps its personality, I imagine it'll be more genuine than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO2z69SqHB8

man the dude cornering Sapphire might be more gay(? gayer??) than Sapphire. I believe that's a first in fight history.