Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I know I'm late to posting in this thread but I've been watching Street Beefs for years and I absolutely love it.

They have actually had a couple guys on who know how to fight but most of them are just heartwarming stories of redneckery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was wondering when you were gonna show up, our brief convo in the BJJ thread it was inspired me to make this thread

Unfortunately, most of the semi-decent fighters are now banned :smith:

I appreciate you doing the Lord's work and spreading the gospel of Streetbeefs to the masses.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I keep waiting for that Eddie Reyes Jr dirtbike guy to show up on one of these vids

He hasn't shown up to the gym again. If he does I will actually pay for his flight out to Satan's Backyard so he can show off his skillz.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bring back Fatherdog for the Royal Rumble. Also I think Kimbo305 might be a candidate.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Draxion posted:

Streetbeefs brand hot dogs?

I'm opening a hot dog cart in Satan's Back Yard. Serving 100% beef, steal my idea and we'll settle it in the ring.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Rising Phoenix hit a nice spinning elbow though. Lionheart kept his chin up and hands down....Recipe for disaster.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I would pay all of the monies to see this guy in Satan's Backyard
https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/16/chri...uKg1Bf8bDXtTKN4

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

bartok posted:

As someone who was a teenage dirtbag in rural Ohio, I'm glad that MMA wasn't so prevalent in the late 90's. I would have totally thought I could kick some rear end in Satan's Backyard and quickly be proven wrong.

Fight Club came out in 1999. If you didn't beat up your friends recreationally because of a movie you were loving up.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Backyard wrestling, bitch :colbert:

Did you even live if you didn't take the mattresses off your bunk bed and Macho Man Elbow Drop your friends from the top bunk?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

he just had one of the gracies on

No he didn't.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

There's old competition footage of Rogan and there's the video of him handling that dude on Fear Factor and tons of vids of him kicking pads. I'm sure he would destroy Scarface but Joe is rich and almost 50, don't think he's got anything to prove.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Waldo is a prime example of why you should never leave your chin up and head on the centerline when striking. Big Daddy William is a oval office though.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hey BJJ streetbeefs question for you. Why do so many of these dudes fall for rear naked chokes when they seem crazy hard to get when rolling. Is it something way easier no Gi or do these dudes just not know how to defend?

Without going back and reviewing fight footage, but STREETBEEFS specific, they probably have almost no grappling experience, they're probably tired/hurt, and the threat of strikes always opens up the door for chokes.

I mean you got guys like Waldo, Rising Phoenix, etc who are just clueless so if you take their back they're gonna be looking for a way out.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

coconono posted:

if I had about $5k handy I could pull off a Weeb Melee show before the city shuts it down. I know a bunch of EMTs and firefighters.

Tell me more...

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

ccubed posted:

Did the Beef followup to this fight get posted yet? Cuz Jens Pulver was reviewing this on his Twitch channel.

STREETBEEFS DRED GOD VS BIG DADDY WILLIAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hve_bLMh1Xg

Don't disrespect Waldo in Satan's Backyard.

Props to Dred God for stepping up for my man Waldo. Man he can't box either though

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Does anyone have a summary on what happened that caused Dred God to fight for Waldo's honor?

I watched the fight, Will was extremely cocky and showboaty vs a guy who clearly had no idea how to fight. It'd be like if a black belt subbed a white belt then got up and did a victory dance like they won World's.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Firechicken posted:

Couldn't call it a beef fight, may be a chicken fight?

A cock fight, if you will

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

goodog posted:

The anecdote I remember the most from Hunter S Thompson's "Hells Angels" was the Angel who had learned Karate before martial arts became a fad in the 60s. The only move he had to remember was eye gouging, because it ended a fight instantly.

He's not really wrong. Although I have a story about a friend of mine who dug his thumb way into the back of some tweaker's eye socket and he still kept coming for him.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

he went down defending the honour of the saudi arabian government

loving LOL at getting so worked up over a debate on a comedy forum, WWE Wrestling Subforum, that you leave the website permanently.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Someone that isn't a saudi propaganda poster should remake this thread so that mel's stink doesn't ruin the pristine trash smell of STREETBEEFS

inshallah

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

They definitely filmed that just outside of Vegas.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

It's weird because Maluko looks like he just takes the first half of the first round off and then once he realized the other guy can actually box he wasn't able to do much.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Firechicken posted:

"scrapyard fights".

I'm going to be quite upset if your fights aren't held in an actual junk yard.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm picturing a circle of junked cars but to complete the STREETBEEF aesthetic, only like four of them have any working headlights and they're all on one side.

This immediately came to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFUj9-yK4YA

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

NAG posted:

In other news, Scarface is currently in Las Vegas and will post more videos from their West Coast event on Friday.

I'll dojo storm

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I'm very upset that I didn't know Street Beefs LV actually happened or I would have gone.

Also loving LOL that they couldn't get any gym in town to sign off on letting them use it.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

That gentleman is lucky that his knee wasn't immobilized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Firechicken posted:

Thanks for the info, i am aware of this though. Ive talked to several law enforcement. I went to my local park the other day and there were 2 police officers watching people box, they said they didn't care because people were wearing gloves.

You should definitely seek legal counsel from an attorney regarding this. There's a world of liability criminally and civilly that you can potentially be open to.

Regarding paying fighters, can't you legally give them a commission based on tickets sold? Like, they get their own promo code/flyer code/whatever and they get a % of the tickets that are purchased using said code.