Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
24 pages, what a read! I got a chance to fight for streetbeefs 2 times last year, in fact, it was during 2 of the events you have covered.

I'm from Wa state, i was sent to VA for a temp job. Ive watching the fights since the beginning, they always interested me. When i found out i was going over there I contacted scarface, he did an interview with me, and i showed up to the nov 2018 show (espn was there) . I showed up to the dec 2018 show too.

I had a great time, the people were nice and treated me good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

NAG posted:

Congratulations for going two for two in the yard!

The fights, for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlEq1uFtfnI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDqPp-hcB2A

Appreciate it! I really just wanted to test myself, i found a boxing coach about a year prior to this, wanted to see how well my style worked.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Bluedeanie posted:

Do you feel that a beef would have helped or hurt your performance in street beefs

To be honest, a boxing match to me is nothing more than hard sparring, there are no real feelings involved in it for me. If it were a beef fight i could see having emotion, adrenaline, and the need to finish it quick. Those can all negativity affect your performance.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

You didn't get paid for it right?

Also you watch a lot of MMA/Pro Wrestling?

There's no money involved, just like amateur boxing. They're very strict on this, no betting/paying fighters.
Its free to watch, participate, and offers a lot of exposure if that's what you're looking for.

I watched WWE when i was younger, i had a friend that is a big time WWE star now.

I do watch some MMA and boxing, mainly the big fights. I used to do mma, i had 4 matches about 10yrs ago.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Cavauro posted:

Firechicken is one of my top 10 SB fighters in terms of entertainment so I'm really glad he is here. Don't want to be bothersome toward him but it's just really cool to read your posts! Thanks man

Thanks, feel free to ask anything you like, im considering going back. They're actually doing a show sept 14th, Jens Pulver will be special guest Ref.

They are also having a show in OCT at Mike Tysons Ranch in Cali.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

staguar posted:

Did Mighty Mouse share any of his winnings from gambling on your fight? Was it widely known that Mighty Mouse was a pedo, but nobody cared?

He told everyone about his charges awhile ago, told everyone it was a pimping charge. The truth recently came out.

Mouse wasn't betting that i was aware of.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I guess my question is, how many of the guys feel like dudes out to have a laugh and live their punch boy dreams and how many of the dudes are guys who take it super seriously?

It varies, i mean, we all want to win, but i guess some would take a loss harder than others. Depends on goals too, if they want to eventually go into sanctioned fights, they probably don't want to take too many losses.

staguar posted:

Why does round bearded ref feel like he has to do the stupid nose rubbing? Are the refs just random dudes who want to be involved but can't fight? Did you see the different refs working on their gimmicks on how to start the fight?

Yea, they all have their gimmicks and catch phrases, he's a good guy though.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

who won White Dragon or Scarface

:shrug:

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 5, 2019

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 5, 2019

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
I was thinking about starting some backyard fights here in WA. What is it about streetbeefs that you all find appealing?

Im also considering going to the event at mike tysons ranch to fight for SB's.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Bluedeanie posted:

Were you ever tricked into thinking scarface had a peg leg due to his funny prison style socks or was that only two goons looking at jpgs online

Scarface was in a bad fire as a kid, lost his bro and got burned bad. No, he doesn't have a prosthetic leg. I got to spar with him a bit, just rarely light stuff though.

Sparring
https://youtu.be/9nSlWG_SUQQ

Interview
https://youtu.be/VeAUVo0zKqs

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, it does get literally nearly a million views for every fight

I think its just that the overlap of goon culture and youtube fight club culture isn't very large

It's crazy, i wear it in WA and get people mentioning it, then i tell them i fought there and they lose their minds lmao. It is growing and Scarface's hearts in the right place.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ding ding ding

Im originally from Aberdeen, home of Nirvanas Kurt Cobain. Went to high school with Bryan Danielson. We were even part of backyard wrestling organizations and got to wrestle each other once. He went by the "Dagger" then.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
Big news:

Ron Artest and Mike Tyson will be new Streetbeefs Partners!

They're blowing up!

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
So im watching this video with george "lights out" sheppard. They say he's the number 1 ranked pro 155lb pro fighter in Va? His record shows 15-12 and hasn't won a fight in years. I give the guy props for being a seasoned fighter, but i can't stand the dishonesty. And the quality sucks.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

DeimosRising posted:

Check out his boxing record O_0

Ill be honest, i didn't look it up prior to my post, i was fully ready to apologize, until i actually found it.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/795974

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Lol

Also kinda looks like if Will Smith and Chris Tucker did the Fusion Dance

You're right lmao

On a side note. While i was looking through the top 155lb rankings for VA, I noticed streetbeefs fighter A-train is on there.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
Big streetbeefs event this Sat, might be the biggest one yet. Former UFC lightweight champ Jens Pulver will be there guest refereeing. Expect to see 20-30 fights. Id you aren't subbed to them on youtube, check them out, they're entertaining.

Next month they fight at Mike Tysons ranch in California. I may fight there (depending on transportation) if i do, ill fight the "drunken master". We are both west coasters that have fought in VA. there are only 4 of us total.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

ilmucche posted:

So your matches are set in advance? Do a bunch of potential fighters say they're interested then scarface makes up a card? For some reason streetbeefs made me think it was like a random tournament where everyone registers at 10 am and scarface pairs people up when registrations close.

You're right, they do pair people there, but if we both show up, we will both be paired, only because we asked scarface about it ahead of time. Cali fights for the first couple months will also be west coast fighters only. In a couple months they will start having guys from VA flying over, kind of an east vs west thing.

West coast will also be more setup with actual weight classes.

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 13, 2019

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Do you know if that other guy still planning to livestream the card?

Yes, neutral corner will be live streaming it.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
Italian tyson fighting mma today.

Rumored 40 confirmed fights today!

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
I should mention, I've been seeing this as a reoccurring theme, when a more widely known fighter loses a match, that loss doesn't stick.

In the italian tyson fight, they label tyson as something like 5-0, yet he got his butt kicked by Maine and lost.

Another was king leonidas, he's lost to italian tyson two times, yet his losses were taken away.

One reason ive heard for this in the past, when a fighter is removed from the group they remove anyones loss to that fighter that's ever happened, almost like they're trying to erase them from existence. But, they don't erase anyone that that fighters lost to, just who they've beaten, only works one way i guess.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always assumed the fighters reported their own records and scarface just takes it at face value.

Firechicken, I am curious about your take on Tyson dirty hit. Like, you've actually competed, does it make you nervous or angry about fighter safety at all?

The fighters records are only represented by their fights in the yard, previous sanctioned matches don't count. So their fight record is only against other streetbeefs fighters.

Watch A-train vs italian tyson, not the first time he's made a questionable shot.

Im mor worried about fighter safety, they tend to stop fights early.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Paper Lion posted:

Italian Tyson has thrown at least one dirty shot in literally every match of his I've seen, dude is incredible because he's maybe the filthiest fighter in STREETBEEFS and also just loving loses constantly. It takes a lot of...something...to so brazenly cheat and still lose consistently.

Italian Tyson has only lost to Maine.

I thought maybe they removed the loss because maine might of been removed from the group, but i haven't heard that he was removed, his name is still on the wall of fame.

The only other questionable shot ive seen was against A train.

On a separate note, did anyone see Static vs Bucket List? Static is an Admin in the streetbeefs facebook group. We've argued a few times.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What I don't get about Italian Tyson is that he clearly trains and clearly wants to be a pro fighter so why doesn't he just go pro already or at least do some legit amateur comps

To be honest, it's probably the exposure he gets, plus the fights will be easier in the yard for him than if he fought sanctioned.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
https://youtu.be/z-lwMIiaij8

What do you gus think about this fight?

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hey BJJ streetbeefs question for you. Why do so many of these dudes fall for rear naked chokes when they seem crazy hard to get when rolling. Is it something way easier no Gi or do these dudes just not know how to defend?

The RNC is a blood choke, it's more difficult to try and tough out than a submission like the guillotine choke, which cuts off your air supply instead of blood going to the brain like the RNC.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

NAG posted:

I cannot believe Rising Phoenix not only returned but did an in-return return. Catching up on the card now but Bucket List VS Static is my favorite match so far for the reasons already mentioned.

Also realized now we need a Rising Phoenix VS Firechicken Burning Poultry Championship match.

There's no way in hell scarface would let that match happen 😂🤣

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
So scarface is letting back in members that jumped ship over to mouses group. Expect to see rampage, spongebob and others back in the fights.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I can only hope this means Mouse's boring rear end knockoff great value cola "UFL" or whatever is dead

Ive been monitoring the group with an alternate profile, i noticed it stopped growing.

coconono posted:

Mighty Mouse arrested for assaulting a dude looking for a shower, smh

You mean the skit?

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

coconono posted:

the "skit"

The sound effects, lovely acting and the fact that he punched dude in the chest were dead give aways.

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 19, 2019

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

So where is Streetbeefs located? I thought of it when I was driving from Charlottsville past Richmond last week. Do you just drive up, walk in, and check out the fights?

They have a few locations now. Lately it's been in Winchester. Join their facebook group and contact Sunshine Trask.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

staguar posted:

Firechicken, do you have a copy of the waiver that you signed before your fights? We really need to read what Scarface thinks will protect him in court.

I don't, i only signed one before my first fight though, dont know if it covers me from then on.

I believe they had a lawyer write it up.

They have a mutual combat law there, similar to washington state. After taking to local law enforcement here i was told that a waiver can protect them from court, the local pd suggested i get a lawyer to write it and have it notarized, which i believe he did in VA.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
Firechicken vs rising pheonix, make it happen!

Couldn't call it a beef fight, may be a chicken fight?

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
Rampage fought again..... can't stand that guy.
I got into some weird with him, so i root for anyone fighting him.

https://youtu.be/VDU1pu0-zpI

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

jizzy sillage posted:

Is roll mat too professional? lmao

It's not that it's too professional, it's that it takes away from the back yard feeling, plusc the ground isn't completely level, so i don't think puzzle pieces would work.

https://youtu.be/yUrakOO4uAM

On a separate note, threat has appealed his loss, his loss was changed to a draw, draws are considered wins for both fighters.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

NAG posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about the "everyone's a winner" doctrine, but I suppose for actual beef fights it could be useful for conflict resolution.

I agree on the draws, but its not my organization, so i just have to accept.

They don't announce winners and losers in beef fights

Beef fights are actually rare, maybe 1-2 a month compared to 30 non beef fights.

Ever since Jens pulver showed up there have been 30+ fights at an event. Compared to when i was there and it was under 10 fights.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
Streetbeefs hits 1 million youtube subscribers!

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
You guys check out the Jroc vs Italian Tyson fight?

https://youtu.be/ioj6RdUR5r4

There was a lot of really disrespectful trash talk from Tyson leading up to this, i do have screen shots. Jroc humbled tyson, controlling him the whole time and winning via Unanimous Decision. Jens Pulver did a break down of the fight, agreeing with the judges. Of course Tyson appealed the decision, lost the appeal, but still believes he's "7-0", despite losing to Jroc, Maine, and Atrain.

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica
Some news for everyone, there is currently a Streetbeefss video game in development, i don't have too many details, just one screen shot. Im a noob so i don't know how to post pictures in here. The roster is undetermined at this moment, but i have a feeling i need to get back out there and fight if i want to make it into the game.

Firechicken fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firechicken
Sep 4, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Scarface is going to go for the Triple H treatment and never have his character portrayed in a defenseless or vulnerable position, and definitely not tapping out.

A fan is actually developing the game, not the streetbeefs admin themselves.

Id honestly like to see some of the OG's be hidden or unlockable, like Vandal, scarface, El Diablo etc...

Anyone know how to post pictures in here? Do i have to go to an image hosting site and post a URL?