Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

My cat is fat.
Too fat to put the cat harness i bought for her on to walk her.
I've reduced her feed.
But some one told me it was dangerous to have a cat lose weight too fast.
Is this the case?
Or can I start scaring her and chasing her around the house to get her to exercise more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
We have 3 cats, which is a terrible number of cats. If you have 2 cats they'll pal around and be friends, 4 cats and they'll sort themselves out into teams of some kind, but 3? All kinds of hosed up territorial and favoritism weirdness. One of them is almost 20 years old though, so I figure it will sort itself out eventually, then we'll just be left with the fat one and the one with kitty autism.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Cats are ok, I guess. I pet them even though I’m allergic as hell, but I prefer the other pet.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

People pay me to sleep with their cats. It’s pretty great!

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

My roommates cat was cuddling with them when I walked in the door tonight, and leaped off of them to come see me instead as I walked to my room.

When I closed the door behind me he kept pawing at it for at least a half hour, and I could hear one of my roommates yelling at him to come back, she literally said he was hurting her feelings lmao

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
here's a cat

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

that cat is tripping balls, he's still a good cat but maybe tell him to take it a little easier in the future

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
image series: the fallen "god wills it" cat finds his faith in the lord again when the clouds part and a sunbeam falls upon his napping pillow at the same moment that he hears the can opener. he bows his head in subservience to god and says a prayer for strength

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS1VsP6Fjv8

In English, cat, hat, In French, chat, chapeau.
It really is quite obvious, don't you know.
In English, cat, hat. In French, chat, chapeau.
Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, here we go.

I repeat, cat, hat, In French, chat, chapeau.
In Spanish, el gato in a sombrero.
He's a cat in a hat, he's a chat in a chapeau.
He also is a gato in a sombrero.
Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole-o.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaA_cs4WZHM

Cat, hat, In French, chat, chapeau.
And I'll tell you something more now, you listen to me good.
In German, I'm a katze und dies ist mein hut.
Ist das nicht ein katze hut?
Ya, das ist ein katze hut.
Katze hut. Katze hut.
Ya, das ist ein katze hut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_6yq_wNNHE

In German, I'm a katze in a hut and don't you know.
I'm a gwunka in a bunka-kwunk in Eskimo.
You're a gwunka in a bunka-kwunk in Eskimo.
He's a gwunka in a bunka-kwunk in Eskimo.
Ist das nicht ein bunka-kwunk?
Ya, das ist ein bunka-kwunk.
Gwunka-bunka. Gwunka-bunka.
Yes indeedy, that is so.
He's a gwunka in a bunka-kwunk in Eskimo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-a6ct8aalg

In Spanish, you're a gato in a sombrero.
In German, you're a katze in a hut, I also know.
You're a gwunka in a bunka-kwunk in Eskimo.
Now, would you will allow me, sir, but please don't think, I'm pushin'.
I think that I could tell you what you are in Russian.
Shapka, shylapah.
You're a shapka in a shylapah. Hey!
I'm a shapka in a shylapah, I'm a shapka in a shylapah,
I'm a shapka in a shylapah, I'm a shapka in a shylapah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rrXR6n0RTY

He's a cat of many countries, He's a cat of many hats.
He's a guffy in a busby, He's a snaka in a snatz.
And in Scotland, Up in Scotland, in Bonnie Scotland.
In Bonnie Scotland, I'm a (toot) in a (toot-toot-toot)
In Bonnie Scotland, He's a (toot) in a (toot-toot-toot)
In Switzerland, in Switzerland, In Switzer-witzer-witzerland.
I'm a yodel-yodel-yodel in a yodel-ey-ee-hoo.
He's a yodel-yodel-yodel in a yodel-ey-ee-hoo.
What am I dear old Ireland?
Why, you're a kait in a kinfert.
And in Holland?
You're, uh, lemme see, oh, you're a kat in a hoe.
Glory be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcTNBBdiOE

He's a cat of many countries, He's a cat of many hats.
Many foreign countries and an awful lot of hats.
In Boogoo-boogoo, he's just darling, He's a scoogoo in a swarling.
He's a bonka in a best, He's a wonka in a west.
Out in Paris, Foda-foda, I'm a perk in a pedora,
I'm a futz in a fedora, How are things in Glocamora?
What a cat! (What a cat!)
In a hat! (In a hat!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-o8EInjZXI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ehPppmvn9Q

dee eight fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Mar 8, 2019

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve got four dumb babies and I love my dumb babies.

Pikachu and Raichu on the top, Milo (mee-lou) and Gizmo on the bottom. I didn’t get to name them.

The two tabbies are brothers and share both a mom and dad, and share a mom with the gray one (her dad is a batshit La Perm apparently). My little tuxedo darling is unrelated to the other three.

My partner had a coworker who just wasn’t keen on getting her cat fixed, so she kept getting knocked up. Said coworker was keen on having the kittens (or any kitten) until they were too much to handle, which is how we ended with four of her kittens. It was originally the two tabby boys but a year after we got them, their mom had another kitten and somehow the coworker just ended up with the tuxedo because ???. Four cats was the limit for us, we just didn’t expect to hit it so soon.

All four get along exceptionally well, and love people, cameras, being goddamn goofballs. I’m infected with the toxoplasmosis and it’s terminal.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

The Bananana posted:

My cat is fat.
Too fat to put the cat harness i bought for her on to walk her.
I've reduced her feed.
But some one told me it was dangerous to have a cat lose weight too fast.
Is this the case?
Or can I start scaring her and chasing her around the house to get her to exercise more?

It's true that cats aren't supposed to lose weight too fast.

I'd recommend playing with them for 10-15 minutes a day(laser pointer chase etc). Anything that gets them moving will be helpful.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
we are looking after a cat for 5 months, I've never had a cat before. it's ok, but I think this cat is defective. she loves me so friggin much it's stupid, her owners were like 'oh yeah you can't really cuddle her' but I pick this cat up and flip her upside down and rub her tum while cradling her and she just purrs like a retard. she will find any dirty clothing of mine (never my girlfriend's) to lie in or on top of. she is super vocal and is always making weird croaking sounds at me, its kind of cute but sometimes its like bitch I'm trying to play kingdom hearts 2!!

would I ever get a cat? I'm not sure. most of what I like about this cat is things dogs do better and most of what I don't like is very cat-specific. if she could keep her smelly rear end in a top hat out of my face that would be nice too.

heres some pics, I like to throw her kibble for her so she can get some exercise (this cat was fat as gently caress when we got her, gonna give her back skinny and fit) and now she doesn't even like to eat unless she's chasing down flung kibble. so the first pic is mid-exercise and the second is immediately after. then theres some more pics.

my girlfriend literally just sent me this. shes lucky she didn't get stuck in there! also, my clothes again. jeez.

this last weekend an amazing pooch came to visit and the cat was very rude the whole time.

every day I come home and this f***** cat is sitting there making this f***** face at me

these are early in her stay she is already looking much fitter! fuckin fatass cat

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

that is some quality leased cat right there

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

admins made the correct choice imho

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i like to pet and feed cats in my apartment complex but cannot keep one due to allergies, so ive taken up smoking so i have an excuse to sit on my steps and pet a cat.

thats my toxoplasmosis story thanks for reading

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
My cat sucks and he won’t even yield enough fur for slippers, so I don’t bother and just tolerate his existence for now.

e: he actually came and sat on my lap as I was posting this, but he’s breathing his stank fish breath in my face. Just awful.

Laslow fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 9, 2019

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

My cat is a good cat. Got her from my aunt's friend who lived on a property out in the country. She was a feral cat, had a litter of kittens in her first heat and my aunt's friend called the humane society to scoop them up. My mother said she'd take the mom.

She was very stand offish (and still is, to a degree) to everyone but me. She always purred like a motorcycle though. You can't pick her up for very long but she will constantly headbutt you for pets, just has to be on her terms.

Now she's 11 and the boss bitch of the house. The dogs are scared of her as she would always come out of nowhere to break up their dog fights ( by launching herself at their butts).

Also one she got settled she refused to ever go outside. It doesn't interest her whatsoever, she just goes back to her princess bed.

Now that I live across the country I don't get to see her much, and she's warmed up to my parents finally. Good cat. Her name is Layla and I love her.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
My roommate has a cat I've lived with for awhile, it's the most talkative cat I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure she even tries to say her name, it's Lola and she makes a wa-WAA noise sometimes that sounds really close.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I got a cat called Artichoke and he is the light of my life

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

My roommate has a cat I've lived with for awhile, it's the most talkative cat I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure she even tries to say her name, it's Lola and she makes a wa-WAA noise sometimes that sounds really close.

i've got a cat named lola who also won't shut the gently caress up, she just chirps and squeaks constantly, maybe its the name

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Here's a cat fighting a tiny dog

https://i.imgur.com/IIRUZ45.gifv

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
i loving hate cats

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Twat McTwatterson posted:

i loving hate cats

It's okay we all know you're a dumb bitch anyway

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This my cat:

I like her because she has a white beard like a tiny old man:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

SA must be something special for op to come back again.

my cat is a jerk who is always either licking or biting me when i try to pet him. that’s when he purrs the loudest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

McGavin posted:

This my cat:

I like her because she has a white beard like a tiny old man:

That's one cute catte