Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Once upon a time, there was a sad little bug named Rudy. Rudy had a rough day, as he did not find any delicious leaves to eat from and it was raining for hours already, mean drops of ice cold water hit him whenever he tried to go out. He sat in his little bug hut below a stump and was wondering why this day had to be so mean for him.
Then suddenly he heard the sound of a group of ants scouting the area. They seemed to not care about the rain and just went around their business, sticking together to defend against those cold drops of water that fell from the sky. Rudy saw out of his little window and was jealous at the ants. They were all friends, had fun in the rain and felt great, while he was stuck in his home, hungry and cold.
One ant however saw Rudy, asked his friends to wait for a moment and quickly scrabbled over to him.
"What's the matter, friend? Why such a long face?" he asked, looking honestly worried.
"Oh, it's just, it's raining and I am hungry. I can't go out and have to wait here in the dark."
"Ah, that's not true! Never forget, if it's raining, remember that your friends can make any day shine! Come out and let's wander together, we can find some precious food!"
Rudy cheered up and nodded. He got out and the other ants cuddled with him. Now they were able to move through the rain, as the rain was no match for their combined friendship.

In case you, dear yobber, feel like Rudy today, there is a way to cheer up as well!
I will write a small little fairy tale for you personally. Just post ITT with at least three words that you would like to see in the story and I'll get it done, so that we can go through the rain together and feel the power of friendship in the magical world of talking animals, fairies and happily ever afters.

Edit: Also, if you'd like to have a specific story continued or you have a nice idea where your words should take place, just post it and I'll include it! No wishes shall be ignored in this magical land.

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

let's cheer rudy up - giant oreo, coffee, bug-sized weed rear end hat

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

castle, lava ,snow

I think continuing the journey already in progress would be more fun but if you consider that tale done and want to start a new one that's fine too

sig by owlhawk911

Goons Are Gifts

City of Glompton posted:

let's cheer rudy up - giant oreo, coffee, bug-sized weed rear end hat
Going to continue Rudy's story for this one, the next one will be a new story! I think every story can get two or three parts, depending on how creative I can get here.

"My name is Raphael, my friends here are Erica, Patrick, Peter and Justin", Raphael the Ant introduced Rudy to the group. He was welcomed warmly and they all cuddled so close to each other that they had trouble moving their little legs.
The rain stopped slowly and the group crawled over the moist forest soil, everyone feeling secure and safe. After a while of wandering through the forest they found a clearing, in its middle there was a huge, colorful blanket and a wooden box on it. The blanket was covered in food.
"A picnic! The people who made it must have fled from the rain! Quickly friends, let's get some food for the colony!" Raphel shouted and the group started sprinting. Rudy couldn't keep up and fell down into the mud. The ant group kept running, but Raphael felt that someone important was missing and he left the group, sprinting to Rudy who was busy getting the mud cleared from his face.
"Everything okay?" Raphael asked, while helping Rudy up. Despite the mud, he seemed very happy.
"Oh yes, thanks for helping me!" Rudy said, smiling.

They caught up with the rest of the ant group and searched through what was there. There was a mug of coffee, now filled with rain water that the ants drank from, feeling the slight boost of remaining caffeine flowing through their bodies. They also found a huge, black cookie, it must be a giant oreo! Rudy and Raphael climbed on top of it and wanted to take a bite out of it, when the Oreo opened his eyes.
"Hey, you! Don't eat me! I barely got away from the humans trying to do that", the Oreo shouted.
"Oh, we are so sorry", Rudy said, "We won't eat you, I promise!"
"Phew, I am relieved to hear that. If you are hungry, there are berries and some sausages in the box that you can take, I don't think the humans will come back anytime soon", the giant Oreo explained firmly.
The three were interrupted when Erica was yelling from inside the box.
"Look at this!" Erica climbed out of the box, wearing a bug-sized hat with a weed symbol on it that was formed like a butt. "It's a weed rear end hat, but I don't think it's ant-size. Rudy, do you want to try it?"
Rudy's eyes sparkled at that idea. He rushed over to the box, took the hat and placed it on his head.
"H-how does it look?"
Everyone stared at him, their gazes were amazed. Even the giant Oreo was stunned by Rudy's magnificence.
"You look gorgeous!"
Rudy smiled happily. This rainy, cloudy day has turned into the best day of his life. The group took all the food they needed and went back home, after rolling the giant Oreo underneath a small stone, so he could get some rest.
The ant colony welcomed Rudy and his gorgeous hat warmly and the ant queen invited him to stay with them for as long as he like, which he did. The new friends lived happily ever after.

Goons Are Gifts

pixaal posted:

castle, lava ,snow

I think continuing the journey already in progress would be more fun but if you consider that tale done and want to start a new one that's fine too
I think we can craft several nice stories here, so if you or anyone else would like to hear their words inside of a specific tale, just tell me and I'll write it accordingly!
Here we go with the story of Spider Queen Emelda IV.:

Once upon a time there was a great spider named Emelda. Actually she was named Queen Emelda IV., Ruler of the great plains of the attic, faithful queen over her subjects of small spiders and an army of mites.
She sat on her throne made of silk and took requests from her subjects in her grand castle beneath a pile of old, dusty books, being moderately bored by her duties.
"...and therefore", a small moth continued, "my family would like to request a brief extension of the time we are given to pay the rightfully demanded taxes, if her majesty allows it."
"Her Majesty will not do that, you are responsible and your lack of clothes to eat from is your problem, not mine", Emelda said loudly, so that her voice echoed through the halls of her castle.
"But, your grace.." the moth started.
"Next." Emelda waves one of her legs and the moth bowed down, obviously crying, before turning around and leaving the hall.
The day continued like that. Queen Emelda was just, she was direct and she was honest, but grace certainly was not her power.
'It's for the weak!' she thought, while lying in her grand silky bed.

Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted when a bright light appeared in her room, blinding her.
A small fairy, wearing a green dress made out of leaves and carrying a small yellow wand with a brightly shining tip appeared in the room.
"What is this about, guards!" Emelda shouted.
"Queen Emelda, I am the fairy of the good faith. I am here to show you the benefits of grace and why being nice can be a very useful trait, especially for queens", the little fairy said in a soothing voice.
"I am a just queen, I cannot allow arbitrary grace undermining the structure of justice!"
"But you don't have to, great Queen."
The fairy casted a spell with her wand, opening a small window into another reality. It showed Emelda's realm, covered in snow-like dust. The windows to her castle of books were broken and there was not single living soul around.
In the background there was a volcano spitting white lava, covering the various toys and dusty tools the attic was filled with.
"What, what happened?" Emelda asked with a shaking voice.
"A catastrophe came to your realm and you showed no grace. You did not help your people that had to deal with the volcano destroying their homes. They had no right to receive compensation and thus you turned them off. They had to flee and your kingdom turned empty. This is what happens when you don't help those who need justice, instead of equality."
"I, I feel so bad about this. I'm here queen, I shouldn't let my subjects suffer."
"That is right", the fairy said, "sometimes you need to help those in need and not rule with an iron fist."
"I understand. Thank you, fairy, I will do everything to prevent this future from happening."
The fairy smiled, started to shine and vanished in a cloud of sparkling dust.

The next day Emelda left her castle, visiting the moth she turned away before. She explained that she was wrong and that their debt has been paid. Also she offered help to search for new clothes to find food in. Papa moth was happy and thanked Emelda by inviting her to a big dinner.
From now on, Emelda would be a better queen than before.

Android Blues

malacophilous, naevous, brigadoon

City of Glompton

Goons Are Great posted:

Going to continue Rudy's story for this one, the next one will be a new story! I think every story can get two or three parts, depending on how creative I can get here.

"My name is Raphael, my friends here are Erica, Patrick, Peter and Justin", Raphael the Ant introduced Rudy to the group. He was welcomed warmly and they all cuddled so close to each other that they had trouble moving their little legs.
The rain stopped slowly and the group crawled over the moist forest soil, everyone feeling secure and safe. After a while of wandering through the forest they found a clearing, in its middle there was a huge, colorful blanket and a wooden box on it. The blanket was covered in food.
"A picnic! The people who made it must have fled from the rain! Quickly friends, let's get some food for the colony!" Raphel shouted and the group started sprinting. Rudy couldn't keep up and fell down into the mud. The ant group kept running, but Raphael felt that someone important was missing and he left the group, sprinting to Rudy who was busy getting the mud cleared from his face.
"Everything okay?" Raphael asked, while helping Rudy up. Despite the mud, he seemed very happy.
"Oh yes, thanks for helping me!" Rudy said, smiling.

They caught up with the rest of the ant group and searched through what was there. There was a mug of coffee, now filled with rain water that the ants drank from, feeling the slight boost of remaining caffeine flowing through their bodies. They also found a huge, black cookie, it must be a giant oreo! Rudy and Raphael climbed on top of it and wanted to take a bite out of it, when the Oreo opened his eyes.
"Hey, you! Don't eat me! I barely got away from the humans trying to do that", the Oreo shouted.
"Oh, we are so sorry", Rudy said, "We won't eat you, I promise!"
"Phew, I am relieved to hear that. If you are hungry, there are berries and some sausages in the box that you can take, I don't think the humans will come back anytime soon", the giant Oreo explained firmly.
The three were interrupted when Erica was yelling from inside the box.
"Look at this!" Erica climbed out of the box, wearing a bug-sized hat with a weed symbol on it that was formed like a butt. "It's a weed rear end hat, but I don't think it's ant-size. Rudy, do you want to try it?"
Rudy's eyes sparkled at that idea. He rushed over to the box, took the hat and placed it on his head.
"H-how does it look?"
Everyone stared at him, their gazes were amazed. Even the giant Oreo was stunned by Rudy's magnificence.
"You look gorgeous!"
Rudy smiled happily. This rainy, cloudy day has turned into the best day of his life. The group took all the food they needed and went back home, after rolling the giant Oreo underneath a small stone, so he could get some rest.
The ant colony welcomed Rudy and his gorgeous hat warmly and the ant queen invited him to stay with them for as long as he like, which he did. The new friends lived happily ever after.

:)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Goons Are Gifts

Android Blues posted:

malacophilous, naevous, brigadoon

(going to start another new one here, however the other stories are still continueable if anyone likes it.)

Once upon a time there was a farmer named Henry. He and his family were poor, living next to the small village of Brigadoon. It was almost time to harvest his crops and he was a busy man those days, taking care of his fields and providing food for his young daughter and his loving wife.
Their Duke however demanded increasingly more taxes to fund a war over seas, bringing Henry's small family in trouble with the henchmen. Every week they visited and asked for their money and whenever Henry couldn't afford it, they took one of his chicken, cows, pigs or even parts of his home.
Last week they threatened to take his daughter if he does not pay up soon and Henry was desperately trying to find money but it was a tough time and no one was able to afford much.

The day before the duke's servants arrived Henry spent the morning crying in his bed. He was certain that his daughter was lost, he just felt that he was doomed with an itch on his small facial naevous.
His tears fell down from his face when he noticed a small snail crawling on his bed, apparently looking at him. He was a bit surprised and the snail said "I can help you, friend. You don't have to worry."
Henry got up, frightened. "What, how? Who are you?"
"I'm Boris, the malacophilous and magic snail. I can help you pay your debt."
Boris disappeared in her snail house for a moment and when he got out, he had a pair of seeds in his mouth.
"Plant these and you tomorrow you will have a plant that can harvest forever! It will never stop producing delicious and magic fruits filled with gold that you can use to pay for everything you need!"
Henry was skeptical. "Really? How should that work?"
"Trust in the magic and you will be safe from problems!"
Boris crawled to the window.
"But never abuse it, or the plant will turn against you. Only take what you need!" he said before disappearing.

Later that day Henry planted the seed and watered them. He knew this was his only hope so he prayed for this to work.
The next morning he got up very early, checking on the seeds and just as the snail had promised, they were fully grown up, strong tomato-like plants, carrying beautiful purple fruits.
He carefully took one of the fruits and it instantly grew back. He already felt the weight of gold in his hands and he opened it up, so that dozens of gold coins fell down. Henry yelled in happiness and he rushed into his home, telling his wife and daughter about the plant.

It did not take long for the duke's henchmen to arrive. Henry paid them, added some extra payment for the waiting which made them happy and they went off for their business.
Henry thought about what he could do with a plant that literally produces gold. He could buy a big new house, get rid of the old farm, they could live in castles or even buy titles and become part of the nobility!
However, he thought about what Boris had said before he left. He knew money was good to solve problems, but he had a beautiful little family and he enjoyed working on the farm. Becoming greedy now would not honor the gift that Boris had made for him.

Henry talked about this with his family and while they did not agree, they nevertheless supported his decision.
He planted the magical plants nearby his house and did not bother them anymore than needed. Instead, he prepared his tools and made sure he was ready, for it was harvesting season soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Even though this turned into a writing effort post, I do enjoy it. Still open for business if anyone likes a tale!
Also feel free to criticize me for those above if there's stuff you don't like.