Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Vote check!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] What kind of weapon are you holding?
A) 0
B) 1
C) 2
D) 4

2] What about Eiji?
A) 0
B) 1
C) 4
D) 2

3] "That last one got you pretty good, you alright?"
A) 2
B) 0
C) 0
D) 3
E) 1
F) 0

4] "What's the plan?" (Kumiko)
A) 1
B) 2
C) 1
D) 2
E) 0
F) 0

5] "What's the plan? (Eiji)
A) 4
B) 1
C) 1
D) 0

This is mostly for my own records, don't think there'll be any kind of update tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Switching from 4D to 4B

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You know what I just realized? I never actually got around to posting...

Mechanics: Qualities

The primary stats in Persona X used for determining success or failure are called Qualities. They are, in alphabetical order, Charm, Courage, Knowledge, Proficiency and Understanding, and all of them serve purposes both in and out of combat.

Charm
Plain (-1), Unpolished (+0), Confident (+1), Popular (+2), Enthralling (+3)
A pleasant aura, a reassuring smile, an attractive face, a certain je ne sais quoi, all of these are possible expressions of a high Charm. Making friends is always easy for someone with high Charm, as is convincing them to do you a tiny little favor, or let something slide just this one time. With a low Charm, there’s something about you that’s just a little off-putting, and social situations are always going to be an uphill battle for you.

In battle, Support is rolled with Charm by default, and it is the primary stat used for the Cajole tactic in Parley.

Courage
Timid (-1), Sensible (+0), Reliable (+1), Heroic (+2), Indomitable (+3)
When something terrible happens, do you run away from the danger, or towards it? Courage is the will to stand up when your instincts and the world tell you to sit down. A high Courage will allow you to take risks you might otherwise not, while a low Courage could result in you hesitating at a crucial moment.

Thoughts have power; Full Assault is rolled with Courage, as is the Threaten tactic in Parley.

Knowledge
Ignorant (-1), Informed (+0), Educated (+1), Clever (+2), Brilliant (+3)
While high Knowledge is most obviously associated with your grades, it also represents reasoning ability, and can also play into spotting deceptions and falsehoods. Conversely, a low Knowledge can result in failing to connect the dots until it’s too late, or coming to false conclusions.

With greater Knowledge, it also becomes easier to determine a Shadow’s strengths and weaknesses, both actively and passively.

Proficiency
Milquetoast (-1), Creative (+0), Skilled (+1), Adroit (+2), Extraordinary (+3)
Blurring the line between mental and physical qualities, Proficiency is your creativity, your skill with your hands, and your ability to improvise. A high Proficiency will make you much better at thinking on your feet and performing certain kinds of tasks, while a low Proficiency is a sign of a rigid and inflexible mind.

Magic comes more from the soul than the mind; Use Magic is performed with Proficiency by default. It will also increase your chance of performing a sneak attack.

Understanding
Indifferent (-1), Polite (+0), Thoughtful (+1), Compassionate (+2), Magnanimous (+3)
There’s more to intelligence than facts and logic, and Understanding covers the other half of that equation. Being perceptive, judging situation, evaluating a person’s character, and keeping a cool head are all things made easier with a high Understanding. A low Understanding can result in insensitivity, impatience, and a lack of awareness both literally and socially.

High Understanding will lower the chance of being the victim of a sneak attack, and increase your chances with the Parley tactic of Sympathize.

[Home]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 30, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Arm is still hosed up, gonna see if I can get in to visit my doctor on Monday.

Edit: This might take a while, but I'm gonna get started, which means...

Vote set!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] What kind of weapon are you holding?
A) 0
B) 1
C) 2
D) 4

2] What about Eiji?
A) 0
B) 1
C) 4
D) 2

3] "That last one got you pretty good, you alright?"
A) 2
B) 0
C) 0
D) 3
E) 1
F) 0

4] "What's the plan?" (Kumiko)
A) 1
B) 3
C) 1
D) 1
E) 0
F) 0

5] "What's the plan? (Eiji)
A) 4
B) 1
C) 1
D) 0

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 23, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

?̵?̴?̸,̸ ̶?̸?̵?̵,̷ ̴?̶?̷?̴
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Normal Battle

PMush Perfect posted:

Pushing yourself the rest of the way off the ground with your weapon, you shift into a combat stance, glancing down at it only for a moment before you look back up at who or what tried to skewer you. You never got around to replacing that rebar pole, but Eiji's wielding what appears to be a pitchfork. Well, that makes sense. He seems to lean more into stabbing things, and you rely on your magic a bit more. At least from what you remember of those two battles you can actually recall. He does look a bit like an angry farmer about to chase down Frankenstein, though.

> Gained Pitchfork! [75 Pierce damage, long]
> Lost ¥3000.

PMush Perfect posted:

"That last one got you pretty good, you alright?" A quick glance to your side, and your eyes meet Eiji's.

You grit your teeth, but grin despite it. "All that extra blood was just slowing me down, anyways."

> 2d6+0 [Morale, Roll +Courage] = (3+3)+0 = 6 Failure!
> XP Gained: +1 Soul [7/10]

"Kumiko..." There's deep concern in Eiji's eyes, and you can tell that it's going to be in the back of his mind for a while. Is it really that obvious that you're just putting on a brave face? "Just hang in there a bit longer, okay?"

> Consequence: Eiji's next non-Support roll takes -1 forward.

PMush Perfect posted:

"We gotta make this quick." Eiji's voice strains, threatening to shake, but he swallows, and it's under control again. "What's the plan?"

"I'll make an opening!" You know from trial and error exactly what this Eligor's weakness is, and it's about time you used it. "Use it, and blitz him!"

Though his eyes still linger on you for another moment, he nods firmly, and grips his weapon tighter.

You're thankful that you managed to figure out how to switch Personas before you passed out and woke up in the Velvet Room. It's jarring, switching to an entirely different mindset. Sigrun's blazing energy and passion fade into the background. In its place is a sense of strength and authority. Not only can you do this, but you will. Again wiping blood from your brow, you clench your fist, and feel the runes that once burned with fire now crackle with a tingling energy. "Come! Xiezhai!"

> Kumiko switches to Xiezhai! [Resist: Elec] [Weak: Wind] [Immune: None]

> 2d6+0 [Magic, Zio, +Proficiency] = (4+3)+0 = 7 Partial success!

> Kumiko casts Zio on Eligor!
> Kumiko's SP: 15/20
> Weak!
> Dealt 100 Elec damage to Eligor!
> Eligor's HP: 200/300
> Eligor is knocked off-balance!
> Consequence: Next attack on Eligor takes +1 forward!

It's awkward, compared to how naturally Sigrun's magic comes. The motion is stiffer, and behind you, you can sense the ram lower its head, shooting a jagged bolt of electricity over your head and into the Eligor's chest. Still, it's enough, and the horse's legs under it begin to stumble and rear, while its rider pulls at the reins to keep it under control.

"Our turn!" Eiji's already charging forward. With his weapon, he has the reach to not risk getting immediately crushed underneath the horse as he thrusts up at its underside. "Freyr!"

> 2d6+0+1-1 [Skill, Lunge, +Eiji's Courage, +Enemy Off-Balance, -Eiji Concerned] = (4+5)+0+1-1 = 9 Partial success!

The weapon strikes home! All of the points on the pitchfork strike home, putrid ooze and dark smoke leaking from the wound.

> Eiji uses Lunge on Eligor!
> Eiji's HP: 300/350
> Dealt 125 damage to Eligor!
> Eligor's HP: 75/300

Eiji leaps backwards out of range as the hooves come down, watching to see the results of his work. It's not quite enough to destroy the creature, but it is very, very close. Given what you know, a stray breeze could finish it off. The clock is ticking, though, and the Shadow has recovered enough of its poise to wheel around and begin another charge. Close as he is, you're concerned that it is Eiji that will bear the brunt of its wrath. You may have underestimated its intelligence however, as it is you, the source of its weakness, that the Eligor is gunning for.

> Eligor attacks Kumiko!
> Dealt 50 damage to Kumiko!
> Kumiko's HP: ?̶?̷?̶/400

Oh hell, that hurts. Not as much as it did last time, it didn't have the strength for a full-force attack, but getting a point of metal catching against your arm is never pleasant. Do you at least have something protecting you? [1][2]

Stop dancing with it and move, you two! If you're not off the tracks soon, the jotun will crush you both!

"poo poo. He's right." Of course he's right, but Eiji doesn't have to rub it in. "Now what?" [3][4]

--------------------

Pending Votes
Persona X uses approval voting; pick as many options for each vote as you want!

Money Spent: ¥3000
Money Remaining: ¥?̷?̸?̷?̸

1] Are you wearing any kind of armor?
A) As many layers of thick clothes as you could find. You're sweating like hell. (-¥1000) [15 Defense, Resist Ice, Weak Fire, heavy, unfashionable]
B) A second-hand black leather jacket. A bit big on you, and a bit worn out, but it's thick enough. (-¥2000) [20 Defense]
C) A new black leather jacket. It fits you pretty nice, and you look good, too. (-¥3000) [25 Defense, fashionable]
D) No, just your street clothes. (-¥0) [0 Defense, light]

2] And Eiji?
A) Probably in sweat hell, too. He'd looks ridiculous in winter, much less spring(?). (-¥1000) [15 Defense, Resist Ice, Weak Fire, heavy, unfashionable]
B) A second-hand brown leather jacket. Eiji says the color suits him better. (-¥2000) [20 Defense]
C) A new brown leather jacket. He really makes it work, honestly. (-¥3000) [25 Defense, fashionable]
D) Still just street clothes. (-¥0) [0 Defense, light]

3] "Now what?" (Kumiko)
A) "I'll finish him off!"
- Aa) Physical attack, you need to save your magical energy. [Attack, Roll +Courage]
- Ab) Magic works, let's just do that again. [Cast Zio, -5 SP, Roll +Proficiency]
- Ac) Write-in.
B) "Let me try something!" [Switch to ???, Cast ???, -?? SP, Roll +???]
- Ba) Try to attack.
- Bb) Try to heal.
C) "I'm gonna patch myself up." [Use Bandage, +100 HP]
D) "Screw it, we have to go now!" [Escape, Roll +Proficiency]
E) "Maybe now he's in a talking mood!" [Parley]
- Ea) Cajole [Roll +Charm]
- Eb) Sympathize [Roll +Understanding]
- Ec) Threaten [Roll +Courage]
E) Write-in.

4] "Now what?" (Eiji)
A) "Go in for the kill!" [Full Assault, Lunge, -50 HP, Roll +Eiji's Courage]
A) "Stab him good!" [Conserve HP/SP, Attack, Roll +Eiji's Courage]
C) "Back me up!" [Support, Roll +Magician]
D) "Be ready to take him out!" [Wait, Act Freely]
E) Write-in.

[Prev] [H̸o̷m̵e̴] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 27, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
B
B
Aa
C

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

1. C
2. BC
3. Ba
4. C

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

C
B
Ab
D

We deserve to look cool while fighting, and make a good impression on our future social-links. Plus we're new in town and can justify buying new clothes. Eiji's been living here a while, so can raid the family closets for stuff that should probably have been sent to a charity shop.

As for combat tactics, Eligor is clearly a boss fight, so it's worth burning MP attacking his weakness. Hopefully that will finish him off, if not Eiji can either go for the kill, or react to the new trick that let it survive.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Elfface posted:

Eligor is clearly a boss fight
Yeah, about that... I'll make sure it's very clear when a boss battle starts.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
1. C
2. D
3. Aa
4. D

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'll make a proper post about it later, but generally speaking, party control options will be

A) Full Assault (Use most suitable most powerful attack possible)
B) Situationally-appropriate option (In this case, Conserve HP/SP)
C) Support/Heal (as appropriate)
D) Act Freely

As your options open up, B may become more specific, or split into a new B and C. I don't want to overcomplicate combat, though. It's already pretty choice and stat dense for a CYOA.

Edit: After doing some combat math, I think I'm gonna reduce Bandage healing to 100 HP in combat, 150 HP out of combat.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 24, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote check!

PMush Perfect posted:

A) 0
B) 1
C) 3
D) 0

2] And Eiji?
A) 0
B) 3
C) 1
D) 1

3] "Now what?" (Kumiko)
A) 3
- Aa) 2
- Ab) 1
- Ac) 0
B) 1
- Ba) 1
- Bb) 0
C) 0
D) 0
E) 0
F) 0

4] "Now what?" (Eiji)
A) 0
B) 0
C) 2
D) 2

E) 0

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

4)C to break the tie

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
4: D

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

1C
2C

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote set!

PMush Perfect posted:

A) 0
B) 1

C) 4
D) 0

2] And Eiji?
A) 0
B) 3
C) 2
D) 1

3] "Now what?" (Kumiko)
A) 3
- Aa) 2
- Ab) 1
- Ac) 0
B) 1
- Ba) 1
- Bb) 0
C) 0
D) 0
E) 0
F) 0

4] "Now what?" (Eiji)
A) 0
B) 0

C) 3
D) 3

E) 0

I'll make the tie work somehow.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Battle Theme

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh hell, that hurts. Not as much as it did last time, it didn't have the strength for a full-force attack, but getting a point of metal catching against your arm is never pleasant. At least you're partially protected by your new leather jacket. Black, and a very good fit, with an intricate design of trees and flowers stitched into the back with black thread.

Eiji's is plainer, a simple and sturdy second-hand brown jacket, but it's almost as protective (if a bit less stylish.)

> Gained Black Leather Jacket. [25 Defense, fashionable]
> Gained Aged Brown Leather Jacket. [20 Defense]
> Lost ¥5000.

> Eligor attacks Kumiko!
> Dealt 25 damage to Kumiko!
> Kumiko's HP: 300/400

PMush Perfect posted:

"poo poo. He's right." Of course he's right, but Eiji doesn't have to rub it in. "Now what?" [3][4]

"I'll finish him off!" You're already charging in again before the words even leave your mouth. Eiji's already done plenty of damage, you can't let him show me up. "Just back me up!"

"How am I supposed to- Kumiko!"

> 2d6+0 [Attack, Roll +Courage] = (2+6)+0 = 8 Partial success!

You go in with full force and swing hard. No magic, no special powers, just grit and muscle.

> Kumiko attacks Eligor!
> Dealt 50 damage to Eligor!
> Eligor's HP: 25/300

Dammit! You're stronger now, stronger than you've felt in a long time, but apparently not quite strong enough. The Eligor recovers, just barely, and prepares to strike back-

"Persona!"

> 2d6+1 [Cast Kouha, Roll +Eiji's Proficiency] = (3+6)+1 = 10 Complete success!

> Eiji casts Kouha on Eligor!
> Eiji's SP: 20/25
> Excellent hit!
> Dealt 75 Bless damage to Eligor!
> Eligor is defeated!

Until it is hit in the chest by a lance of light, and disintegrates into smoke and goo. You look over your shoulder to see Eiji pointing his pitchfork at where the Shadow once stood, Freyr behind him. "Hey, you said to back you up."

> Battle Over!
Persona 3 - After Battle
> Defeated Eligor (x1)!
> Gained ¥1000!
> Money: ¥?̷?̸?̷?̸

"Show-off."

Revelations: Persona - Normal Battle

Get moving! Ratatoskr's voice is back in your head again. You have to get to the control station right now or this'll all be for nothing!

> Time Remaining: 3:00

Control station? It sounds like something you should know about, given Ratatoskr's tone, but your brain is coming up empty. [1]

Eiji takes off down the tunnel the Eligor was trying to block you from, and you follow, running as fast and as hard as you can.

> 2d6+0-1 [Endurance (reactive), Roll + Courage, -Heavy] = (6+4)+0-1 = 9 Partial success!

Ugh, you keep forgetting how heavy rebar is. Not like you can exactly leave it behind, but you do feel like this might've been easier with a weapon you didn't yank out of a pile of broken concrete.

> Time Remaining: 2:30

"This is it!" Eiji exclaims as he climbs up off of the tracks onto a small maintenance station. You follow close behind, still panting.

"T̴h̸e̵ ̴n̸e̴x̵t̶ ̵t̴r̸a̶i̷n̶ ̵w̸i̷l̵l̷ ̶b̷e̷ ̶a̷r̶r̸i̸v̷i̸n̷g̵ ̸s̴o̷o̵n̶.̴ ̸F̷o̵r̵ ̴o̸u̸r̵ ̸p̴r̵o̶t̸e̵c̶t̵i̷o̸n̸,̷ ̴p̴l̴e̶a̸s̷e̸ ̷s̸t̸a̴y̴ ̷o̶n̷ ̴t̴h̶e̵ ̷t̶r̵a̶c̶k̸s̴.̸" There's a radio in the station, probably older than you are, broadcasting static-heavy, distorted service announcements. It hurts to listen to. "P̸a̶s̶s̸e̶n̵g̷e̷r̷s̵ ̴a̸r̵e̷ ̵e̶n̷c̴o̵u̵r̵a̷g̴e̸d̶ ̵t̵o̸ ̶c̶e̴a̷s̵e̴ ̸a̵l̵l̶ ̷a̷g̴g̷r̸e̴s̷s̸i̸v̶e̸ ̶a̶c̸t̷i̷o̷n̴s̴.̴ ̷T̸o̵ ̶d̶o̵ ̴o̶t̶h̵e̴r̸w̷i̶s̷e̸ ̶i̵m̶p̸e̵d̷e̶s̴ ̴t̵h̷r̷o̵u̴g̸h̷p̵u̵t̷.̷ ̶T̴h̶r̴o̴u̷g̴h̶p̴u̵t̴ ̴m̷u̵s̴t̶ ̶n̷o̸t̸ ̵b̷e̴ ̷i̷m̷p̸e̴d̶e̵d̸.̸ ̷R̴e̴p̷e̸a̵t̴,̵ ̶p̷l̸e̶a̴s̴e̵ ̷s̴t̸a̴y̸ ̴o̷n̵ ̸t̶h̷e̸ ̴t̵r̸a̵c̶k̴s̴.̵ ̵T̶h̵r̶o̸u̴g̵h̵p̴u̷t̴ ̴m̷u̸s̵t̸ ̶n̴o̶t̸ ̶b̸e̸ ̴i̴m̴p̵e̴d̵e̶d̸.̸"

"The hell is that thing talking about?" Eiji slaps at something that looks like an off switch haphazardly as he searches the station, but the radio continues on regardless. "It's giving me a headache."

Hurry up! You have to divert the train now!

> Time Remaining: 2:00

"I'm trying! I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do here!" Eiji is bent over a rusted, ancient, and yet somehow horribly anachronistic control panel. Flickering digital displays with cracked screens sit next to pitted metal knobs, cranks, levers, and... is that a combination lock?. It's like a point and click puzzle from hell. "Kumiko, help me figure this out!" [2]

It takes far too long, even working together, but finally, the right lever is pulled, and you hear metal screeching, grinding against steel and stone. The whole tunnel rumbles, a light coming from the end you just fled growing closer and closer, brighter and brighter.

Here it comes! Get ready for a fight! [3]

--------------------

Pending Votes

1] You don't know what Ratatoskr means about a control station.
A) Try harder to remember. [Roll +Knowledge, -0:30?]
B) gently caress it, you're winging it. [Roll +Proficiency, -0:30?]
C) Pick it up from context. [Roll +Understanding, -0:30?]
D) Ask for clarification. [-0:45]
E) Write-in

2] This is not a sane control panel.
A) Find a good spot and hit it as hard as you can. [Roll +Courage, -0:30?]
B) Try to pick up some clue. [Roll +Knowledge, -0:30?]
C) Just pull something important-looking. [Roll +Proficiency, -0:30?]
D) You've got lightning magic, zap it! [-5 SP, -0:30]
E) Brute force it and try everything. [-0:45]
F) Write-in

3] Final preparations? [Warning: Boss incoming!]
As many voted choices will be performed as possible, starting from most popular. Ties will be resolved randomly.
A) Use a Bandage on Kumiko. [-Bandage, -0:30, +150 HP]
B) Drink a Mad Bull. [-Mad Bull, -0:30, +10 SP]
C) Put some last minute buffs... [Cast Tarukaja, -0:30, -5 SP, Roll +Proficiency]
-Ca) On Kumiko.
-Cb) On Eiji.
D) Review available Personas. [-0:30]
E) Write-in

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 27, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Just rearranged some options, double-check your vote if you posted before you saw this.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
Oh hey, this character. I helped write this character. I can't wait to get to talk about them.

1. B
2. A
3. A/B

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 27, 2019

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

1. BC
2. BCE
3. CaCb

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
BC
CE
D

We've got to stop a train, there's a control box, details can wait. As for exactly how we stop it... Well... As long as it doesn't go where it's going, that's a win, right? As long as enough stuff gets changed, we're probably good.I

Our brain is a bit messed up though. Do we have a concussion? Are we channelling a forgetful Persona? Probably best check on that while we have the chance.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
1: AC
2: BC
3: AD

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
BAB

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote set!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] You don't know what Ratatoskr means about a control station.
A) 3
B) 4
C) 1
D) 0
E) 0

2] This is not a sane control panel.
A) 2
B) 2

C) 3
D) 0
E) 2
F) 0

3] Final preparations? [Warning: Boss incoming!]
A) 2
B) 2
C) 1
-Ca) 1
-Cb) 1

D) 2
E) 0

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

A BAD CAD

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Revelations: Persona - Normal Battle

PMush Perfect posted:

Control station? It sounds like something you should know about, given Ratatoskr's tone, but your brain is coming up empty.

> 2d6+0 [Improvise, Roll +Proficiency] = (2+5)+0 = 7 Partial success!

Okay, you don't really need to figure out that much, do you? There's a train, there's a panel, you need to do something to stop the train, you can make the rest up as you go.

> Time Remaining: 1:30

PMush Perfect posted:

"I'm trying! I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do here!" Eiji is bent over a rusted, ancient, and yet somehow horribly anachronistic control panel. Flickering digital displays with cracked screens sit next to pitted metal knobs, cranks, levers, and... is that a combination lock?. It's like a point and click puzzle from hell. "Kumiko, help me figure this out!"

You don't hesitate, just grab something important-looking with both hands, put your weight into it, and pull as hard as you can.

> 2d6+0 [Luck, Roll +Proficiency] = (5+6)+0 = 11 Complete success!

The lever is rusted, and resists your pull. That's got to be a good sign, so you put your weight into it and pull again. This time, something comes loose, and you hear the heavy slam of a metal door dropping somewhere down the tunnel.

That was it! The exit is blocked!

"Holy crap, Kumiko, how'd you know that was it?" Eiji had still been fiddling with some dials, and only just now notices the lever you yanked.

"Lucky guess."

You don't think he quite believes you, but he smiles all the same.

> Time Remaining: 1:15

PMush Perfect posted:

Here it comes, get ready for a fight!

"Eiji, grab me a Mad Bull from my pack!" You'd do it yourself, but you've already dropped it on the ground, using a bandage from your pack to bind up a wound in your side. Your shirt's still ruined, especially given that you're applying the bandage over it, and you're probably going to get an infection if you don't treat it properly later, but it doesn't hurt the way it used to any more.

> Kumiko used Bandage on Kumiko!
> Bandage lost.
> 150 HP restored.
> Kumiko's HP: 400/400
> Time Remaining: 0:45

While he's fishing through your terribly-organized bag (oops), you close your eyes, trying to get a sense for the new powers you've felt inside of you. The one you almost called to before, it's within reach. A can is shoved into your hands and you crack it open, messily chugging it down as you introduce yourself to your new old friend.

We've got this! It, or rather, she encourages you. Keep your chin up! ...no, literally, keep your chin up, you're kind of making a mess.

> Eiji used Mad Bull on Kumiko!
> Mad Bull lost.
> 5 SP restored.
> Kumiko's SP: 20/20
> Time Remaining: 0:15

> Persona reacquired!

Pixie
[Wind, Lovers, Level 5]
Skills: Dia
Strong: Wind
Weak: Elec

> Character sheet partially updated.
> Time Remaining: 0:00

Before you can start thinking of more, the grinding metal sound reaches you. What you expect to see is a derailed train, grinding to a halt. A victory.

That's not what you see.

"T̴h̶e̷ ̵n̷e̸x̴t̶ ̴t̷r̸a̶i̷n̴ ̴i̷s̷ ̶n̶o̵w̴ ̴a̴r̷r̸i̸v̵i̷n̸g̶.̶" It's that voice again, but it's drowned out by a violent whir of metal and breaking concrete. "N̷o̴w̸ ̸a̶r̴r̵i̷v̴i̷n̶g̵:̷ ̵S̷o̷k̴k̷m̴i̶m̵i̴r̶.̵ F̷o̸r̵ ̷o̶u̷r̶ ̴p̵r̴o̵t̷e̶c̶t̴i̴o̵n̸,̴ ̸p̶l̴e̵a̵s̴e̷ ̵r̸e̴m̸a̵i̶n̷ ̵o̶n̷ ̶t̸h̴e̵ ̸t̸r̵a̵c̴k̶s̴.̶"

Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP) - Boss Battle

Whirring blades, rusted and blood-stained, grinding with a horrible noise, spin at the front of this train. The train itself carves itself a path forward in the ground and along the walls, sending bits of stone and gravel flying.

There it is! Sökkmímir! You have to stop it before it builds up enough speed to crash through the barrier!

Boss Battle Start!
Name: Sökkmímir
Arcana: XXXIII - Midgard Jötunn
HP: ???/???
SP: ??/??
Strong: ???
Weak: ???
Skills: ???

It grinds to a halt ahead of the station, backing up and readjusting itself. You're not certain, but you're pretty sure it's going to start trying to break through the platform.

"And just how are we supposed to do that?" There's a touch of panic at the edge of Eiji's voice. Not that you can blame him.

Working on it! Just stay alive while I figure out its weakness!

At last! Sigrún is in your head, again, and you don't think you've ever heard someone so excited about impending death by monster train. A proper challenge!

"Alright, Kumiko. You're two for two. Think you've got a third plan in that head of yours?" [1] [2] [3]

--------------------

Pending Votes

1] "Think you've got a third plan in that head of yours?" (Kumiko)
A) "I'm just gonna hit it really hard and hope for the best."
-Aa) Attack! [Attack (Strike), Roll +Courage]
-Ab) "Sigrún!" [Use Burning Blade (Strike & Fire), -50 HP, -5 SP, Roll +Courage]
B) "Magic might work!"
-Ba) "Sigrún!" [Cast Agi (Fire), -5 SP, Roll +Proficiency]
-Bb) "Xiezhai!" [Cast Zio (Elec), -5 SP, Roll +Proficiency]
C) "We're gonna need to be stronger."
-Ca) Cast on yourself. [Cast Tarukaja (+Physical) on Kumiko, -5 SP, Roll +Proficiency]
-Cb) Cast on Eiji. [Cast Tarukaja (+Physical) on Eiji, -5 SP, Roll +Magician]
D) "Trying something new!" [Cast ?̵?̶?̷ (?̵?̶?̷), -?̷͍̈́ SP, Roll +?̵?̶?̷]
E) "I'll back you up!" [Support/Heal, Roll +Magician]
F) Write-in.

2] "Think you've got a third plan in that head of yours?" (Eiji)
A) "Rush it down!" [Full Assault, Use Lunge (Pierce), -50 HP, Roll +Eiji's Courage]
B) "Use that light magic of yours!" [Direct Command, Use Kouha (Bless), -5 SP, Roll +Eiji's Proficiency]
C) "Be ready to back me up!" [Support, Roll +Magician]
D) "Improvise!" [Act Freely]
E) Write-in.

3] What should Ratatoskr focus on figuring out?
A) "Better question, what doesn't work?" [Find Strength]
B) "Really gonna need that weakness!" [Find Weakness]
C) "Any idea what it can do?" [Find Skills]
D) "Isn't there another way to beat it?" [Find Alternate Strategy]
E) Write-in.

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 28, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
1: Bb. It's a machine, or at the very least, it looks like one. And machines don't like being shocked!
2: C.
3: C.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Ca

B

B

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
While Pmush and I are gonna wait to get into the nitty-gritty until after Sokkmimir is dead rn I'm gonna point out their appearance is based on a rotary snowplow train, otherwise known as a blower train. They're an older way of keeping train tracks clear in snow conditions, largely deprecated but still commonly used in Japan's many remote mountain passes because it's a nightmare to clear them any other way.

1. Ab
2. A
3. A

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

1. CaCb
2. B
3. CD

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote check!

PMush Perfect posted:

A) 1
-Aa)
-Ab) 1
B) 1
-Ba) 0
-Bb) 1
C) 2
-Ca) 2

-Cb) 1
D) 0
E) 0
F) 0

A) 1
B) 2
C) 1
D) 0
E) 0

A) 1
B) 1
C) 2
D) 1
E) 0

Gonna keep this one open at least until midday tomorrow, done a lot of typing these last couple days.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

1 Bb A snowblower train like this is probably diesel powered, so it's probably stronger against fire than electricity
2B get some buffs going
3B Knowing its weakness is most important to doing damage asap imo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote set!
As there are several ties, but I have the time to write a post now, I'm going to resolve them with the best synergy.

PMush Perfect posted:

A) 1
-Aa) 0
-Ab) 1

B) 2.5
-Ba) 0
-Bb) 2.5
C) 2
-Ca) 2

-Cb) 1
D) 0
E) 0
F) 0

A) 1
B) 3
C) 1
D) 0
E) 0

A) 1
B) 2

C) 2.5
D) 1
E) 0

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

"Alright, Kumiko. You're two for two. Think you've got a third plan in that head of yours?"

Several ideas run through your head. You're indecisive, but you don't have time for doubt, so you pick an idea and run with it. "Eiji, we're gonna blast it with magic until we figure out if something works! Ratatoskr, forget the weakness, just figure out what to watch out for!"

"Works for me!" Even bound up, you still have plenty of blood to wipe onto your hand, while Eiji shifts the grip on his pitchfork to stab it into his palm. Not too hard, you hope, he's gonna need that hand. "Freyr!"

"Xiezhai!" Light and Electricity, one of those might work!

> 2d6+0 [Cast Zio, Roll +Proficiency] = (1+4)+0 = 5 Failure!
> XP Gained: +1 Soul [8/10]

> 2d6+0 [Miscast!] = (2+4)+0 = 6 Failure!
> XP Gained: +1 Soul [9/10]

> Kumiko switches to Xiezhai! [Resist: Elec] [Weak: Wind] [Immune: None]

> Kumiko casts Zio on Sokkmimir!
> Miscast! Fault!
> Kumiko's SP: 15/20
> Dealt 25 Elec damage to Kumiko!
> Kumiko's HP: 375/400
> Dealt 25 Elec damage to Sokkmimir!
> Sokkmimir's HP: ???/??? (25 damage total)

What should be a single solid bolt of lightning from Xiezhai's horn is...not. There's a popping crackle, and arcs of electricity fire off in all directions. A few strike the front of the train, and seem to have at least something of an effect. One particularly strong shock just barely misses Eiji, but reflects off of the metal behind him, and into yourself. "Augh!"

> 2d6+1 [Cast Kouha, Roll +Eiji's Proficiency] = (2+4)+1 = 7 Partial success!

"Kumiko!" Eiji nearly fumbles his own casting, but he's already halfway into it by the time he notices what you've done to yourself.

> Eiji casts Kouha on Sokkmimir!
> Eiji's SP: 15/25
> Dealt 50 Bless damage to Sokkmimir!
> Sokkmimir's HP: ???/??? (75 damage total)

"Well, it didn't not work." There isn't much more time for either of you to evaluate how much damage you dealt before the train sweeps past you. Both of you are caught by bits of metal sticking off the side of the train, nearly knocking you off your feet.

> Sokkmimir attacks!
> Dealt 75 Strike & Slash damage to Kumiko!
> Kumiko's HP: 300/400
> Dealt 80 Strike & Slash damage to Eiji!
> Eiji's HP: 270/350

Oh, oh that hurt. And rather than keep moving, it reverses, like it's backing up for a second charge. Actually, yeah, that's probably exactly what it's doing.

> 2d6+0 [Analyze, Roll +???] = (4+4)+0 = 8 Partial success!

I think all of its attacks will be physical! Ratatoskr's in your head again, perhaps stating the obvious, But it's definitely got some kind of magic!

"Ugh, I don't know how many more of those I can take, Kumiko, and you aren't looking much better." [1] [2] [3]

--------------------

Pending Votes

[New voting options, see below]

[Prev] [Status] [Skills] [Home]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 30, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
1: Bb. We gotta keep experimenting, try and find out what works.
2: A. We haven't tried a physical attack.
3: E: Basically C, but with an edge of praise to it. "Thanks for that. Can you narrow it down? What magic can it use specifically? What are it's physical attacks?"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Missed the first chance to suggest this, but

Write In Vote for all

As a massive ram, it's probably strongest at the front. Try to get behind or beside it, where it's armour is weaker. Maybe there'll even be a door, and you can go in and beat up the driver! Or maybe it's a sentient demon-machine powered by hatred, but at least you'll know.I
Ratatoskr might even be able to nibble some wires, or plug an exhaust.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Think I'm gonna simplify combat options in the future, and I have ideas on how to do it. Lists this big seem to just be killing interest. Next time I get a chance to update, I'll try out the new system.

Edit: Or I could just do it now, because hoo boy, two mostly incompatible votes isn't much to write an update on.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 30, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pending Votes

1] What's your plan now? (Kumiko)
A)
"Screw magic, I'm going in!" [Full Assault, Roll +Courage]
B) "I'll keep casting!" [Use Magic, -5 SP, Roll +Proficiency]
C) "Don't worry, I've got heals now!" [Support, -5 SP, Roll +Charm]
D) "Let's try this!" [?̵?̶?̷, -?̷͍̈́ SP, Roll +?̵?̶?̷]
E) Write-in.

2] What's your plan now? (Eiji)
A) "Go all in!" [Full Assault, Roll +Eiji's Courage]
B) "Your magic worked, keep it up!" [Use Magic, -5 SP, Roll +Eiji's Proficiency]
C) "Back me up!" [Support, Roll +Eiji's Charm]
D) "Do your thing!" [Act Freely]
E) Write-in.

3] What's your plan now? (Ratatoskr)
A) "What shouldn't we do?" [Find Strength]
B) "Alright, I was wrong. Weakness, please!" [Find Weakness]
C) "Got anything more specific than that?" [Find Skills]
D) "This isn't working, we need another way!" [Find Alternate Strategy]
E) Write-in.

[Prev] [Status] [Skills] [Home]

This is a significantly simplified method, and I can simplify even further if it's still the cause of some decision paralysis or just "eyes glaze over".

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 30, 2019

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
1: A D
2: B C D
3: B C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
D
D
D