Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

A If there's anytime to be a hero, it's now. He can yell at us later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
D

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Vote check set!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] There’s no response.
A) 7
B) 0
C) 0
D) 5
E) 1
F) 0

Not gonna be a lot of updates the next couple days, it's midterms week, but I'll squeeze in what I can (especially in the evenings).

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 11, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sunday, April 12th, Afternoon
SMT Nocturne - Heretic Mansion (Normal)

PMush Perfect posted:

1] There’s no response.
A) Charge up there to rescue the idiot. [Roll +Courage]

For a single instant, you consider turning around and going back home, and leaving Eiji to lie in the bed he's made for himself. The moment passes, and you sigh, rolling your eyes. You'd better go rescue the idiot from himself. At least you're not the damsel in distress.

> 2d6-1 [Roll +Courage-1] = (6+4)-2 = 8 Mixed Success

To your surprise, the mound is relatively easy to climb, and you reach the top without much incident. Unfortunately, that ends once you reach the gap itself. As you pull yourself through, you catch your leg on a protruding piece of metal, and hiss in pain as it drags a long cut down your thigh. It's not deep, but it hurts, and your very comfortable leggings are probably ruined now. You should probably go get a tetanus shot once you're done with all this.

> HP: 300/350

Rubbing away the worst of the pain, you pull the rest of the way through the gap, and slide down the other side of the pile. What you see when you reach the bottom and look up is... not what you expected.

SMT Apocalypse - Asahi

Gone are the cramped tunnels and crumbling pillars. Instead, you stand in a natural cavern, tall, open, and alive. Sunlight peeks through a few open cracks in the ceiling, and somewhere nearby, running water babbles. Even underground, the air smells like Taiga, but somehow even moreso. It's the most gorgeous, incredible thing you've ever seen.

"What is this place?" Eiji, standing a few feet ahead of you, speaks with a tone of hushed awe, as though his words could break whatever spell this cavern holds.

1] "Is this Heaven?"
A) "It must be."
B) "Maybe..."
C) "Another dream?"
D) "No, this... this is real."
E) Say nothing.
F) Write-in.

You can't say how long you stand there, living in that moment with all else forgotten. What slowly becomes apparent, however, is an undercurrent of something foul, something despoiling this place. Soon, you begin to notice something you missed, the source of this corruption.

In dark corners of the cavern, foul green-black ooze gathers and drips, shimmering like spilled oil. Carefully, you approach one such pool, and reach out with your fingers to touch it. It burns, immediately and deeply, and you cry out, flicking it off your fingertips and onto the ground. And then, as though you have awoken a sleeping beast, something... horrendous happens. The disturbed slime draws itself back towards the mass you pulled it from, which roils forward to meet it halfway. There, it begins to squirm, to grow, and to take a shape.

Revelations: Persona - Normal Battle

A horse's head, long and pallid green, breaks from the surface, and the rest of the creature follows. At its middle, its body splits into a mass of ropey vines that squirm and flow behind it. Its eyes glow red, its nostrils flare, and it slams down one heavy hoof. This creature, whatever it is, is glaring at you with an unnatural malice.

2] Whatever you're going to do, do it quickly.
A) Fight! [Roll +Courage]
B) Run! [Roll +Proficiency]
C) Try to soothe it. [Roll +Charm]
D) "Uh... Eiji? A little help?"
E) Write-in

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 14, 2019

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

1: D
2: B

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
2. C

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

1 E
2 E: Back off a bit. Not to retreat, but to see what it does. But be ready to dodge.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D
A

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1] D F: "We're not dead, so no."
2] D

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 11, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
1: F: "We're not dead, so no."
2: C

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Or maybe we are dead and this is Hell. (not a vote)

yes I know that's not how Persona works :ssh:

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

F: "We're not dead, so no."
A

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

dont be mean to me posted:

Or maybe we are dead and this is Hell. (not a vote)

yes I know that's not how Persona works :ssh:
SURPRISE BITCHES THIS IS AN SMT GAME NOW

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Junpei posted:

2. C

DC This is real, and as such we're going to try and control the situation.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1: F "We're not dead, so no."
2: C

I'm sure this won't end with us getting a hoof planted in our teeth!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

DC This is real, and as such we're going to try and control the situation.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote check!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] "Is this Heaven?"
A) 0
B) 0
C) 0
D) 5
E) 1
F) 4 "We're not dead, so no."

A) 2
B) 1
C) 5
D) 0
E) 1

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

F: Does this look like heaven to you? & C

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

"What is this place?" Eiji, standing a few feet ahead of you, speaks with a tone of hushed awe, as though his words could break whatever spell this cavern holds. "Is this Heaven?"

"We're not dead, so no." You shake your head, still not daring to look away. "This... this is real."

"It's beautiful."

PMush Perfect posted:

C) Try to soothe it. [Roll +Charm]

Revelations: Persona - Normal Battle

Carefully, you reach out one hand, shushing the... animal. This is what people do with wild horses on TV, right? Maybe it works the same.

> 2d6-1 [Roll +Charm] = (4+3)-1 = 6 Failure
> XP Gained: +1 Soul [3/5]

For a moment, you think it might be working. Its nostrils flare, but it doesn't charge... until it does.

"Look out!"

Though the voice in your head gives you a split-second warning, you're not quite fast enough to react in time. It rears back, hovering in the air as though it did have legs, and catches you in the shoulder with a kick as you try to pull away.

"Agh!" With a cry of pain, you stumble, knocked off your feet and slam hard onto the stony cavern floor, head bouncing off it.
> Critical Hit!
> HP: 200/350
> Kumiko is knocked down!

Your head is swimming as you try to recover. There's a horrendously loud ringing in your ears, and blood running down your brow. Somewhere far away, you can hear Eiji's voice. He's yelling, screaming, and through shifting double and triple vision, you can see it prepare to charge again. Is this how your life ends?

By entering this place, you have condemned yourself. There is a voice in your head again, but this one is different. A woman. Someone strong. This is the fate laid out for you. Here, human, is where you die.

"No..." The world slows to a crawl. "I can't..."

Lie down and accept your doom. It will be easier this way.

1] I promise, your death will be quick.
A) Stay down.
B) Stay down.
C) Stay down.
D) Stay down.
E) Get up.

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 12, 2019

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
B

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

E i mean come on

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

E Might as well die standing up. I mean, I'm sure Eiji has this.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
E

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
F: Pay respects :v:

...okay fine, E...but give the horse rear end in a top hat the finger, too.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 12, 2019

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

DK only ever makes smart choices, so I'll back him up on this.
B

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

E

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is where you die. Accept it.
A) Stay down.
B) Stay down.
C) Stay down.
D) Stay down.
E) Get up.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

+1

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

PMush Perfect posted:

This is where you die. Accept it.
A) Stay down.
B) Stay down.
C) Stay down.
D) Stay down.
E) Get up.

Still E. (Is this a new vote?)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

dont be mean to me posted:

Still E. (Is this a new vote?)
No, I'm just being dramatic for the sake of the moment.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

E uh, we're not dead yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

In unrelated news, Eiji's sister's name is and has always been Nozomi (希). Any suggestions that she had a name one syllable away from the main character's is a hallucination and you should see your doctor.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 12, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
E

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Heartbeat

PMush Perfect posted:

1] I promise, your death will be quick. Stay down.
E) Stand up.
The screech in your ears blocks out all sound, and spots of white and black of colors flashing across your vision.

There is only pain ahead if you try to fight.

As the world spins and flows in slow motion, you push back against it, blood-slick palm pressed against the ground.

Fate cannot be opposed. This is futile.

You reach up, grasping at the rubble that still piles up beside you.

Resist, and you will die alone and in agony.

With a long, pained groan, you pull yourself up, and stare down the monster in front of you. Its eyes meet yours, and you can see your grim determination reflected in them. Your wills crash against each other, and it balks, taking a half-step back.

Persona 5 - Awakening

Ha! At long last, your resolve awakens! The voice echoes again, but her cruelty and condemnation is gone. She is strong now, confident and proud.

I am thou. Thou art I. When the beast called Fate bore its fangs, thou hast stared it down, and refused to bow. If thou wilst cut the threads that bind thee, then share with me the blood thou hast spilled, and my power shall become thine. Hear me, and sayest mine name!

Your dreams, your memories of the future, they're clearer than they've ever been. In every vision you've ever had, you have said the same name and now you can hear her voice.

"I hear you." Grunting, you wrench a long pole of rebar from the concrete and hold it in front of you. Blood, running down your arm, gathers into the burning-hot runes. "Sigrún!"

This time, when the monster charges, you're ready. You plant your feet, and respond with a wide horizontal swing. A barrier shatters between worlds, and your motions are shadowed by a figure you can finally see for the first time.

Armor, bright red plates that catch the light like fire, covers her body. Between them, silver chainmail covers every inch of her. Her helmet is trimmed in the same color, stylized wings flaring off the sides. A cloak, long and white, flows behind her as she moves and swings her own weapon, a two-handed sword wreathed in flames.

> You attack ???!
> Sigrún uses Burning Blade on ???!

> 2d6+? [Awakening] = (6+6)+6 = 18 Extraordinary success!

Your blows connect simultaneously, yours across its shoulder, and Sigrún's directly with its skull.

> Weak!
> Critical Hit!
> Dealt 100 Strike damage and 150 Fire damage!

Name: ???
Weak: Fire

It doesn't stand a chance, and breaks into goo under the force of the impacts, splattering across the wall as a sizzling black stain. You don't have long to enjoy the moment, however, before you hear a voice, and spin on your heel towards the source. Eiji, who was caught in baffled amazement at your display, is suddenly being stared down by two more of the monsters. Hands up, he's backing away slowly, occasionally glancing over his shoulder at you.

"Hey, uh, Kumiko? Think you and your Stand could give me some help here?"

SMT Nocturne - Amala Network Normal Battle
Battle Start!
Name: ??? (x2)
Level: ???
Arcana: ???
HP: ?/?
SP: ?/?
Strong: ???
Weak: Fire
Skills: ???

1] Show them what we're capable of.
A) Crush them. [Fight, +Courage+2]
B) Burn them to ash. [Spell, Agi, +Proficiency+2]
C) Both. [Skill, Burning Blade, +Courage+2]
D) Make them know fear. [Parley, +Charm+2]
E) Destroy them utterly. [-1 Plume]
F) Write-in.

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 14, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

B!

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

B

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

D Now we get a new persona!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
C

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

F: Throw Eiji at the horses in hopes that his stand will awaken too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

GeneX posted:

F: Throw Eiji at the horses in hopes that his stand will awaken too.

:rms: