Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

DD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

D
C

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hey, we finally have a clear lead!

Vote set!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] Eiji looks at you expectantly.
A) 0
B) 0
C) 0

D) 9
E) 1
F) 0

2] Retreat for today, and we will rout twice as many tomorrow.
A) 0
B) 2
C) 2

D) 5
E) 0
F) 1

Total Votes: 10

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sunday, April 12th, Afternoon
SMT Apocalypse - Asahi

PMush Perfect posted:

1] Eiji looks at you expectantly.
D) "'Done living for other people', huh?" [Concern, Roll +Understanding]
The grin on Eiji's face scrunches into a frown for a moment as he looks at you.

> 2d6-1 [Concern, Roll +Understanding] = (2+4)-1 = 5 Failure
> XP Gained: +1 Soul [5/5]
> Level up pending!

"Can we not make jokes about that, please?" Eiji thinks very highly of you right now, but you feel like him misinterpreting your intentions just eroded his admiration a little bit. Oops.

Ratatoskr shows up before you can try to explain what you meant.

PMush Perfect posted:

2] Retreat for today, and we will rout twice as many tomorrow.
D) "C'mon, Eiji, my everything hurts.".
It's as though mentioning the word 'pain' suddenly reminds Eiji of its existence. He blinks it away, then gets a proper look at you. Your clothes are singed and torn, you're panting hard, leaning on the makeshift sword for support, and you're still bleeding a bit from that cut in your leg. In short...

"You look like hell."

"Yeah, I just got back."

Eiji gives you a blank look. Philistine.

Leave now! Flirt later! Without you resisting, it's not hard for Ratatoskr to herd the two of you back up the mound towards the hole. Eiji crawls through first, and just as you're about to follow, you look back at the... squirrel. As if anticipating your question before you ask it, more words in your head cut you off. Come back tomorrow and I'll explain more then, but if I'm going to hide this place from them, you have to go! Now! Still somewhat reluctant to leave the monster-filled paradise, you nod, pull yourself back through the hole, and clumsily skid back down.

Persona 5 - Swear to my Bones

Standing and brushing yourself off, you almost don't notice the unexpected silence until you look up, and see Eiji looking at you with his arms crossed. That smile is back, too, the one he had before you cocked it up with what he thought was a joke. "Now it's my turn to say 'I told you so', right?" For a second, you consider making another crack, but hold it in. Eiji seems to be having a moment. "We still don't really know anything about what all this means though, do we? Guess we'll just have to come back tomorrow."

1] "...you are coming back tomorrow, aren't you?"
A) "Only if I have the dream again tonight."
B) "I'll think about it."
C) "Might need more than a day to sleep all this off."
D) "Meet you here at 4:00?"
E) "Think we can skip class?"
F) Write-in

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 16, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I got convinced to change over mostly by the discussion in the main CYOA thread.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 15, 2019

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Uhhhh... D

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

D

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

PMush Perfect posted:

The grin on Eiji's face scrunches into a frown for a moment as he looks at you.

> 2d6-1 [Concern, Roll +Understanding] = (2+4)-1 = 5 Failure
> XP Gained: +1 Soul [5/5]
> Level up pending!

"Can we not make jokes about that, please?" Eiji thinks very highly of you right now, but you feel like him misinterpreting your intentions just eroded his admiration a little bit.

Welp. Should have seen that coming I guess.

D

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
D

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
ACD

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

CD

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E Let's skip class.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

We're going to wake up with Responsibility Scallop on our desk, aren't we.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

AC

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
CD

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Got more homework I've been putting off, then I'm gonna be all set to spend the rest of my Friday night writing about pretend teenagers. :toot:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
D

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

E Too cool for school! :eng99:

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

D

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, I've finished enough of my homework that I won't be screwed if I put the rest of it off until tomorrow.

Vote set!

PMush Perfect posted:

A) 2
B) 0
C) 4

D) 9
E) 2
F) 0

Total Voters: 12

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sunday, April 12th, Afternoon
Abandoned Train Depot

PMush Perfect posted:

D) "Meet you here at 4:00?"
"Yeah."

What are you supposed to say now? 'Bye, see you tomorrow'? You're hesitating, because there is more you want to say. At the very least you'd like to apologize for making him feel mocked when you really were concerned, but how would you even go about that? God, are you bad with people.

"Kumiko?" Jarred out of your thoughts, you come back to reality and start looking at Eiji again instead of just through him. He's staring at you. Why is he staring at- "It's alright. I forgive you."

...oh.

"That's what friends do, right?"

Persona 4 - Strength of Heart

I am thou. Thou art I. Thou hast formed a new bond, and fortified thy heart.

> Magician: Rank 1 (+0) [0/2]
> You may now roll to wield Personas of the Magician Arcana by using the strength of your bond with Eiji!
> You have unlocked the ability Gut Instinct!

"I'm gonna go before one of us has a chance to say something else stupid." He's already walking back down the tunnel towards daylight as he speaks, the last of his words only reaching you as an echo. "Four o'clock, don't be late or I'm going in without you!"

...you'd better get back to town before the clinic closes and you have to figure out what the hell tetanus actually is.

Sunday, April 12th, Evening
Shineda Campus Clinic
Persona 2 IS: Time Castle

Tetanus is, apparently, a bacterial infection that causes potentially fatal muscle spasms, as the student nurse standing in front of you helpfully lectures you on for the fourth time in fifteen minutes.

It's hard to make out much of his features through the surgical mask. Short black hair, average height... He'd be completely unremarkable if it weren't for the way he somehow manages to sound bored, concerned, and disappointed all in the same breath. It'd be almost cute if he could stop treating you like a child for thirty seconds. You're half-surprised he didn't offer you a lollipop after he gave you the shot.

"There. Change the bandage every twelve hours and come back if it doesn't stop bleeding by Wednesday." The latex gloves snap off and into a garbage can, but he keeps his mask on. You're not sure if you're disappointed or not. "I'll put this down as a wellness visit, so everything will be covered, but if you come back here looking like this again, we're going to have to charge you."

> Money: ¥5400 - ¥0 = ¥5400
> Kumiko's HP: 350/350
> Kumiko's SP: 20/20

You're shooed back to the dorms, where you hog a hot shower until one of your dormmates yells at you, then shuffle back to your room and collapse face-down on your pillow without so much as tying up your hair. It's going to be a tangle-catastrophe tomorrow, and sleep comes too quickly for you to think about caring.

Sunday, April 12th, Night
???
Persona 3/4/5: Aria of the Soul

The place you wake up is... not your bed, and the person sitting across from you is definitely not your roommate.

"Good evening. My name is Igor." The old man is balding, with the longest nose you've ever seen, seated in a long and luxurious-looking blue couch. You're seated somewhere similar, you realize, running your hands along the fabric of your seat. What kind of material is it? Suede, maybe? "Welcome to my Velvet Room."

No, probably not suede then.

"Hmmhmmhmm... Fascinating." Igor keeps his hands clasped in front of his mouth as he continues to speak to you. "I have had many guests here, all of whom held within them the potential for a truly grand destiny. Yet you are the first I've had whose fate is to defy fate itself."

1] "What tremendously dangerous potential you must have."
A) "Thanks...?"
B) "Is that good or bad?"
C) "You're going to teach me how to use my Stand, right?"
D) "Is this magic, or am I having a fever dream?"
E) "You really like to listen yourself talk, don't you?"
F) Write-in

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 18, 2019

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

That nose cannot possibly be real.
F: Attempt to poke his nose!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
ABD

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Aesculus posted:

That nose cannot possibly be real.
F: Attempt to poke his nose!

:hmmyes:

F

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

uhhhh ABC

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

CF :getin:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

F

I gotta know.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote check!

PMush Perfect posted:

A) 2
B) 2
C) 2
D) 1
E) 0
F) 4

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
EF

I think Kumiko should probably come off as dismissive, not, like, a 3 year old, hahaha

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Looks like we're about ready to get moving. Too lazy to write a new vote set! post, but the thing happens. F wins.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Got hit with some hardcore writer's block, so I'm just gonna shart out this next section to get it over with and keep things moving, quality be damned.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sunday, April 12th, Night
The Velvet Room
Persona 3/4/5: Aria of the Soul

PMush Perfect posted:

F) Attempt to poke his nose!
There's no way that nose is real, is it? Shifting subtly in your chair, you lean forward, trying to judge your reach. You're in another dream anyways, maybe you can just... give it a quick...

Igor swats your hand away without so much as blinking. "I would thank you for not doing that again."

"...sorry." You decide to change the subject before his weird bugged-out eyes drill a hole through your head. "You're going to teach me how to use my Stand, right?"

"Your Persona, yes." Igor doesn't seem to be particularly put out by your choice in description. "It is a part of yourself. You can think of it as a tool, a mask used to face life's hardships, and a representation of your heart."

1] "Form bonds with others and your heart will become stronger, and thus, so will your Persona."
A) "Time to make some new friends, I guess."
B) "What kinds of bonds?"
C) "I'm not really a people person."
D) Write-in.

There isn't much time before he cuts you off.

"Those hardship will help you grow as well, and in this place between mind and matter, I can assist with making one into the other. What part of yourself do you wish to improve?"

2] How do you spend your XP? [5 Soul XP Remaining]
A) -5 XP, Soul Level 1->2
B) -4 XP, Charm -1 -> 0
C) -4 XP, Courage -1 -> 0
D) -4 XP, Knowledge -1 -> 0.
E) -4 XP, Proficiency -1 -> 0
F) -2 XP, Understanding -1 -> 0
G) Write-in.

"Another piece of your power remains yet undiscovered, something very special. It will make itself apparent soon, and then we will speak again. For now, my time with you is up. The sun is rising in your world, and you have a big day ahead of you."

The blue of the Velvet Room fades away, replace with the walls and ceiling of an undecorated dorm.

Monday, April 13th, Morning
Dorm Room
Persona 2 EP (PSP): BGM III

You lie awake staring at the ceiling for a long time before you can bring yourself to crawl out of bed. How are you supposed to be excited for classes now after last night? Maybe there's something you can do to make it feel more worthwhile?

3] Use Gut Instinct ability?
A) Yes
B) No

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 18, 2019

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

B, and may ask what he means by our heart.

If it doesn't cost anything, Gut Instinct it is!

Quote became edit. Sorry.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 17, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
1: B, D ("Like Eiji, and Rata... Rata... Ratawhatever?")

2. Level up Soul

3. A

Junpei fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 17, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wait, poo poo, I forgot XP allocation! Gimme ten minutes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There we go. There's a new 2] in between 1 and 3. Sorry about that.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1] A
2] A
Soul seems like the way to go just from a scarcity of resources point of view. We only(?) get it from failure and increasing everything else will make Soul progressively more rare.
3] A about 28% chance to fail and get a bad feeling (which might be a roll penalty?), 44% chance to get a vague idea, and 28% chance to hit a 10+ and get a detailed hunch on a goal/thing to avoid for the week. And we can't bank it for later in the week and hope to try with a better connection to Eiji.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

B, and may ask what he means by our heart.

Knowledge

If it doesn't cost anything, Gut Instinct it is!