Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What's your write-in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, I wanna get out one more update tonight if I can, so...

Vote set!

quote:

1] "Find something where you can do what you love."
A) 2
> Aa) 0
> Ab) 0
> Ac) 0
> Ad) 1
> Ae) 1

B) 3
C) 0
D) 0

I'll run 2 and 3 again when there's more people around.

Also I just realized I've been saying Saturday. April 9th is a Tuesday in this calendar. Sorry! Should be fixed now.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 10, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

B) "I've got some ideas. Nothing concrete yet."
"There you go. Try things, see what sticks."

Sunday, April 13th, Morning
Persona 5 - Have A Short Rest

The rest of the weekend flew by a bit too quickly as you rushed to finish all the things you'd been putting off. Books, uniforms, moving into your dorm room... It was a long list, but you managed to get most of it done. Somehow. You've decided to celebrate by wandering down a few of Taiga's streets, trying to actually enjoy the scenery for a bit. Tomorrow's your first day of class, and if half the rumors you've heard about college are true, you're not going to have a lot of free time for strolling once that gets started. Might just be horror stories and exaggeration, but if it isn't, you'd rather-

Your thoughts are broken by the sounds of sneakers on pavement echoing through the air behind you. The source is obvious soon enough, somebody's running through the streets, looking this way and that, through open doors and shop windows. Once they glance in your direction, their pace quickens again and they come closer. 'They', it becomes apparent as he gets closer, is Eiji. He half-stumbles to a stop in front of you, doubled over and gasping, trying to speak and breathe at the same time.

"Ku... Kumi... Ku..." It's not working very well. You're about to consider offering to call for a doctor when he takes in one last deep gasp and pushes off his knees to arch back, exhale, and finally stand up straight again. He still hasn't totally caught his breath, but at least he's making real words now. "drat, I need to work out more. Kumiko, I need to talk to you. This is going to sound really weird, but please, listen."

1] "I've been having dreams about you."
A) "Oooookay...?"
B) "Really? That old chestnut?"
C) "Sorry, you're not really my type."
D) "That's sweet, but you are really barking up the wrong tree here."
E) Write-in.

"N-no, wait, listen. I don't... I mean I've been having weird dreams, and you're there. At least I think it's you. It's always a little different, but it’s you, and me, and this talking squirrel, and he's saying something about an... Allegory? No, hang on..." Well, alright. This is certainly a new strategy. You have to wonder how many girls it worked on in high school and why he's not talking to them instead of- "An Eligor! That's what it was."

Wait what.

Eiji notices your change in expression, and leans back again, running his fingers through his hair and praying towards the heavens. "Oh, thank God, I'm not crazy. You've been having it, too, right? Listen, I know where that train is and I think something really bad is going to happen if we don't go down there and figure out what all this means. You don't even have to believe in the dream, just... just come along and if there's nothing you can call me paranoid and I'll never bother you again."

2] "Please?”
A)
“Is this a prank?”
B) “Alright, sure, whatever, let’s go.”
C) “Did you see the part where I shoot fire from my hand?”
D) “Nope, sorry, not ringing any bells.”
E) Try to remember more about your dream. [Roll +Understanding]
F) Write-in.

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 11, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
1: A.
2: D.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1] D
2] E
Is it weird that I'm almost hoping this fails so we get more xp?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A
C

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
1: D
2: E

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

1: A
2: E

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Upon further consideration, I'm going to go for "localized" rather than "half-localized" with dialogue until there's enough people around for a proper vote.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
1 D
2 E

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
1: B
2: D

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

DE

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Previous 2 C unless for a given character or line the loss in translation or laying on too thick is the point this might actually be B huh
Previous 3 A but also an index

1 E: "You met me today, that's a pretty neat trick."
2 E

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Mar 10, 2019

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A
E

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

AE

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think I might have just made the first ever instance of "edit is not quote".

:bang:

Edit: Okay, crisis averted, I had an old version of the thread open in another tab and just copy-pasted the text and manually reformatted it.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 10, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote set!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] "I've been having dreams about you."
A) 6
B) 1
C) 0
D) 4
E) 1

2] "Please?"
A) 0
B) 0
C) 1
D) 2

E) 8
F) 0

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

BE

I'm stunned we're not being any more snarky about these things...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sunday, April 13th, Morning
Persona 5 - Have A Short Rest

PMush Perfect posted:

"Kumiko, I need to talk to you. This is going to sound really weird, but please, listen. I've been having dreams about you."

"Oooookay...?" Coming on a little strong, isn't he?

"N-no, wait, listen. I don't... I mean I've been having weird dreams, and you're there."

PMush Perfect posted:

2] "Please?”
E) Try to remember more about your dream. [Roll +Understanding]

> 2d6-1 [Roll +Understanding] = (4+3)-1 = 6
XP Gained: +1 Soul

What do you remember about your dream? You cast your thoughts back, grabbing at pieces of something that, until five minutes ago, you'd been trying to forget. The tunnel is there, you remember that much. And the Eligor, too. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't, but there's always...

Screeching metal. The blaring of a horn. Blindingly bright lights. And then... the impact. You remember the impact. Again. And again. And again. And again. And a-

"Kumiko? Kumiko!" Eiji's voice jars you from the flashback, confusion and concern and a deep sense of urgency on his face. "Please, we have to go. Are you coming or not?"

Still too rattled to really put words together, you make some kind of noise that might vaguely sound like an agreement. That's enough for Eiji, and he grabs your sleeve, pulling you along back in the direction he came.

> Remembering something that gruesome is gonna stick with you for a while. Take -1 forward on your next roll.

Sunday, April 12th, Afternoon
SMT Nocturne - Heretic Mansion (Normal)

Spoilered images are very rough approximations, and should be taken with a large grain of salt.

"Come on, it's down here!" Feet skidding down mossy, muddy stones, Eiji leads you into the crumbling depths of what was once a train depot. The two of you had followed the train tracks north, past the limits of Taiga and into the woods beyond, hopped a fence, and climbed through a window without any kind of break. How he can be winded from running for thirty seconds but keep up this level through all that is mystery. A confounding, exhausting mystery. "This looks just like it, right? I came out to Taiga to visit a couple times, and I stumbled on this place while looking for-... For, uh..." Eiji trails off, clearing his throat.

1]"Let me guess," you offer. "Somewhere to..."
A) "Drink?"
B) "Smoke?"
C) "Make out?"
D) "Hide?"
E) "Cry?"
F) Write-in

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 13, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
F: "Be alone?"

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Junpei posted:

fixed

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

C but in a mocking tone.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mechanics: Experience and Levels
What is experience in Persona X, and how is it gained? There are three kinds of levels, each with their own kind of experience: Stat, Bond, and Soul.

Stat Levels
The five primary stats in Persona X are Charm, Courage, Knowledge, Proficiency, and Understanding. Most rolls, in and out of combat, will use one of these qualities. Each is ranked on a scale from -1 to +3, with higher being better, and each has their own type of experience. Stat experience is gained through social encounters, books, training, studying, and various other activities. Except under exceptional circumstances, you will never gain more than one point of stat XP in a single scene. (A new scene begins whenever time advances. Morning -> Afternoon, 04/09 -> 04/10, etc.)

Bond Ranks
There are twenty-one major relationships available in Persona X, and your Bond ranks indicate the strength of them on a scale of 1 to 10. Bonds will also have a +0 to +3 stat to them, as well, the meaning of which will be covered in a later update. Like Stat XP, you are unlikely to get more than one point of Bond XP in a scene (though you may get one of each).

Soul Level
Whenever you fail at a roll with significant consequences (whatever they may be), you will be rewarded with a point of Soul XP. Soul XP can be spent one-for-one in the place of any kind of Stat or Bond XP, and you'll be offered an opportunity to do so every Saturday. However, your Soul also has its own level, and increasing this level will reward you with more HP, more SP, and certain abilities exclusive to your own development. There is no limit to the amount of Soul XP that can be gained in one scene.

[Home]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 11, 2019

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Junpei posted:

Yeah this

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

F: Think?

Oh wait. We shouldn't be dumb. Smoke?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, now that I've finally finished the homework I was putting off by writing updates...

Vote set!

PMush Perfect posted:

1]"Let me guess," you offer. "Somewhere to..."
A) 0
B) 2
C) 1
D) 0
E) 0

F) 3

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sunday, April 12th, Afternoon
SMT Nocturne - Heretic Mansion (Normal)

PMush Perfect posted:

"I came out to Taiga to visit a couple times, and I stumbled on this place while looking for-... For, uh..." Eiji trails off, clearing his throat.

"Let me guess," you offer. "Somewhere to be alone?"
"I- ...kind of?" Eiji doesn't seem to have expected your response to be so sincere, and it takes him a moment to switch gears from preparing to come back against a joke. "I saw this place on the train ride in, and I missed the city."

> XP Gained: +1 Understanding

"Sure smells like the city." Your words are muffled by the shirt you've pulled up over your nose and mouth as you follow Eiji deeper into the tunnels, using your free hand to hold your phone's flashlight. "What are we even looking for?"

"Someone's feeling charitable today. I would have said 'sewer.'" He's right, there's definitely an odor of rot in the air. Like a septic tank, or the science project you left forgotten in the back of the fridge for six months. "And I don't know, exactly, I'm just following my gut right now."

Aforementioned gut leads the two of you to follow the tracks further into the depot. The tall, concrete arches that hold up the curved ceiling are covered with cracks and mold. Most of them are threatening to collapse any day now, and one already has, leaving a mountain of dirt, foliage, and twisted metal blocking the only path forward. "Huh, I could have sworn..."

> 2d6-1 [Observe (reactive), roll +Understanding] = (3+4)-1 = 6
> XP Gained: +1 Soul

"Up there!" Before you can see where 'up' is or what's 'there', Eiji is already clamoring up the collapsed mound of dirt. You can finally make out his destination just as he reaches it: a sliver of space near the top, just enough room for someone to squirm through. Eiji does so without hesitation, disappearing into the dark.

”Eiji?” You call out his name, and your voice echoes off the tunnel around you. ”Eiji!”

1] There’s no response.
A) Charge up there to rescue the idiot. [Roll +Courage-1]
B) Carefully climb up the mountain of rubble.
C) Try calling for help.
D) Hang on, something about this is bothering you… [Roll +Knowledge-1]
E) Cool, guess this means you can go home. [???]
F) Write-in

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 12, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
D

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

E :fireman:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
D

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

D

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
D

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A We need to be heroic now to be heroic later.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

A

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Changing vote to A

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Turtlicious posted:

A We need to be heroic now to be heroic later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Time to be A hero.