Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Vote check!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] Show them what we're capable of.
A) 0
B) 2
C) 1
D) 1
E) 0
F) 2 - Throw Eiji at the horses in hopes that his stand will awaken too. [Roll +Charm+2]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

F

"Your turn!"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think this F is going to be a [+Charm+2] roll, if that affects anyone's decisions.

Edit: I have a midterm to study for and something due in 4 hours, so you've got that long before I close the vote.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 13, 2019

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
D Oderint dum metuant.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B Love me an easily exploitable weakness!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Let's C some flourish!

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

F: You still got this Eiji.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I used my break from studying for midterms to write a feedback survey. Because that's the kind of nerd I am.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, I think I'm about as ready as I'm gonna be.

Time to write more nerdery!

Vote set!

PMush Perfect posted:

A) 0
B) 3
C) 2
D) 2
E) 0

F) 4 - Throw Eiji at the horses in hopes that his stand will awaken too. [Roll +Charm+2]

Seems like we're getting more proactive with write-ins! I am pleasantly surprised by this vote. Let's see if it works, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sunday, April 12th, Afternoon
SMT Nocturne - Amala Network Normal Battle

PMush Perfect posted:

F) Throw Eiji at the horses in hopes that his stand will awaken too. [Roll +Charm+2]

Burn them, crush them, make them cower! You're ready in an instant to deal with these creatures. The rebar in your hand is still ringing from the last impact, but it's hungry for more. Sigrún is in your soul now, a burning fire of passion you've left dormant for so long. That's how this goes. Eiji is the damsel in distress, and you're the heroine who has broken from fate's grasp. You're the one who gets to decide what happens.

...huh. Now that's a thought. You get to decide what happens. And you have an idea. If it works, you'll break away even from the narrative expected of someone who makes their own destiny. And it doesn't... Well, it'll be hilarious and you'll make sure he doesn't die.

"Kumiko!" The strain of desperation is coming through in Eiji's voice now. It won't be long until those creatures charge him. "Help!"

You shove the rebar pole back into the ground, slide your hands into the pockets of your sweatshirt, and smile. "Why? Are you my sidekick now? Do it yourself."

> 2d6-1+2 [Roll +Charm+2] = (5+6)-1+2 = 12 Resounding success!

Persona 5 - Awakening

Eiji looks over his shoulder at you, at the casual way you're standing behind him. There's no fear in your eyes. Amusement? Yes. Concern? A little. But you're not afraid. You can see the gears turning in his head as he stares back at the monsters. More importantly, you can see when they click into place, and he understands. That understanding apparently involves copying your "grab a metal pole" thing. To his credit, it's longer than yours, almost as tall as his body is, and he does get creative on drawing the blood for his Persona. Namely, he stabs the jagged end of it down onto his foot. "You're right! I'm done revolving my life around other people!"

You're pretty sure he's not talking to you any more. Sigrún is still sharing your headspace, though, and you can feel her amusement. Oh, I LIKE you, girl.

Raising and spinning his makeshift spear, Eiji swipes the blood off the tip with his hand, where it begins to draw runes like yours. They glow yellow, brighter and brighter, a second source of sunlight in the dark cave, until you have to shield your eyes. "I decide my own fate! Now heed my call! Freyr!"

Golden armor covers the tall figure of his Persona, its cloak a series of broad purple banisters that hang circled around its pauldrons. Each ends in a tall, broad spike that curves inward, as does its helmet, a high crown. In its hand is a long spear with a shining point on each end, and on its chest is an insignia of the sun that seems to give off a glow all its own. It twirls its weapon, points, and a blast of shining white light shoots from the tip, knocking one of the creatures back.

> Freyr casts Kouha on ??? A!
> Dealt 50 Bless damage!

The other one, not cowed by this display, charges, and Eiji only barely manages to twirl out of the way in time. He gives a look back at you as he does, holding a bright grin you've never seen on him before. "Okay, that was rad."

"Told you." There's something very satisfying about what you just accomplished.
> XP Gained: +1 Charm [1/5], +1 Courage [1/5], +1 Understanding [3/5]

"Now stop being smug and help me, you only had to fight one."

"Sure, sure." Still grinning yourself, you yank your makeshift sword back out of the ground and get back into a stance. The monsters recognize this, in one way or another, and reorient themselves to fight both of you.

1] "You look like you've got a plan, Kumiko. Need any help?"
A) "As a matter of fact, I do." [Direct Command]
B) "Just follow my lead." [Assist/Support]
C) "Nah, you have fun." [Act Freely]

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 14, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
A. Does anyone actually like Persona 3's lack of control over your party members?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
C

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Junpei posted:

A. Does anyone actually like Persona 3's lack of control over your party members?
I did a run of Persona 4 on Hard with Tactics instead of Direct Command once. It made the game very different, and really made me look at strategy a different way. Definitely not something I recommend for anyone who isn't specifically searching for a way to make the game harder, though.

Edit: As for in regards to a CYOA, though? I'm giving the option to streamline it and have me use best judgment because A) I'm a lot smarter than Mitsuru, and B) analysis paralysis is a thing that does need to be taken into consideration, I think.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 13, 2019

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

C Let the guy flex his new found sense of selfhood. :v:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

C as long as you don't cast nothing but Marin loving Karin and make us regret not leaving you to the wolves.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

1] "You look like you've got a plan, Kumiko. Need any help?"
C) "Nah, you have fun." [Act Freely]

"Yeah, I think I will."

1] What are you going to do, then?
A) Beat the poo poo out of them. [Fight, +Courage]
B) You still haven't gotten to try out shooting fire from your hands. [Spell, Agi, +Proficiency]
C) That flaming sword thing was pretty cool. [Skill, Burning Blade, +Courage]
D) Help Eiji out. [Assist, +Understanding]
E) Show off. [-1 Plume]
F) Write-in.

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 14, 2019

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
C

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
B

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
F; if you're not having fun now, just wait till after. They're just giant horses, they just need sugar cubes, or apples or something.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 13, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

F; if you're not having fun now, just wait till after. They're just giant horses, they just need sugar cubes, or apples or something.
I'm gonna redo that sentence, the phrasing is an awkward double negative.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Nice.

B: BURN BABY BURN.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B Inspire your friends, in fire, your enemies.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

C

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

B

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
B

(that critical success on telling someone to take control of their own fate was :discourse:)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I used my break from studying for midterms to write a feedback survey. Because that's the kind of nerd I am.
If you haven't done this yet, feel free to. And if you have, well, your thoughts may have changed since the previous update?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Dog Kisser posted:

B

(that critical success on telling someone to take control of their own fate was :discourse:)

:emptyquote:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Dog Kisser posted:

B

Agreed

That was a fun way to channel our inner fire valkyrie.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Business midterm in half an hour, wish me luck. Post probably between then and my next class.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote check!

PMush Perfect posted:

A) 0
B) 6
C) 3
D) 0
E) 0
F) 1

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
C

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

B) You still haven't gotten to try out shooting fire from your hands. [Spell, Agi, +Proficiency]

Burn them to ash! A part of you can't help but wonder if Sigrun is just always like this. Her passion is a weapon, however, and that includes by giving you magic powers. It gathers in your hand as you focus, hotter and hotter and hotter, until you can hardly stand it, and you hurl it hard at the nearest creature.

> 2d6-1 [Magic, Agi, +Proficiency] = (5+2)-1 = 6 Failure!
> XP Gained: +1 Soul [4/5]

Or that's what you intend to happen. What actually happens is that it loses cohesion almost immediately upon leaving your hand, and explodes, catching you, both creatures, and Eiji all in the blast.

> Sigrun casts Agi on ??? A!
> Kumiko's SP: 15/20
> Miscast!
> Dealt 50 fire damage to Kumiko!
> Dealt 50 fire damage to Eiji!
> Weak!
> Dealt 100 fire damage to ??? A!
> Weak!
> Dealt 100 fire damage to ??? B!

> Kumiko's HP: 150/350
> Eiji's HP: 200/250

As the unintended wave of fire bursts throughout the cavern, both of the creatures flail and kick, black smoke coming from their ropey manes and bodies. Unfortunately, you also stumble back, the force of the blast ruining any chance you might have had of taking advantage of the situation.

"Woah!" Eiji takes a half-step back and shields his face from the fire as well, but he recovers his balance much more quickly than yours, and sees both of the monsters fallen, just waiting for a finisher. "A bit much, but I can't argue with results! Freyr!"

> 2d6+0 (Eiji) [Lunge, Skill, +Courage] = (4+3)+0 = 7 Mixed success!

> Freyr uses Lunge on ??? B!
> Eiji's HP: 150/250
> Dealt 100 pierce damage to ??? B!
> ??? B is defeated!

Name: ??? A
HP: 50/200

There's only one left, fallen and weak. It stumbles back up, but it's too late to do anything against Eiji's next attack. He points with his pole, and Freyr mimics the motion, firing a ray of light from the tip of its spear. "Too late!"

> 2d6+1 (Eiji) [Kouha, Magic, +Proficiency] = (2+4)+1 = 7 Mixed success!

> Freyr casts Kouha on ??? A!
> Eiji's SP: 20/25
> Dealt 50 Bless damage to ??? A!
> ??? A is defeated!

> Battle Over!
Persona 3 - After Battle
> Defeated ??? (x2)!
> Gained ¥400!

SMT Apocalypse - Asahi

Panting, burnt and bruised, you and Eiji collapse into sitting positions on the floor of the cavern. The goo leftovers from the creatures sizzles and evaporates, leaving the four of you in the quiet, empty cavern, hearing only the running water and your own heavy panting.

1] Eiji looks at you expectantly.
A) "Cool Stand."
B) "Now can I be smug?"
C) "'Done living for other people', huh?" [Joke, Roll +Charm]
D) "'Done living for other people', huh?" [Concern, Roll +Understanding]
E) Say nothing, just give him a thumbs-up.
F) Write-in.

This peace, unfortunately, doesn't last long.

Get up get up get up get up!

Another voice, the one from the dreams, is in your head again, and you groan. Can't you just enjoy any kind of moment in this place without it being sabotaged? From somewhere up above, you see what appears to be a very large squirrel jumping down from protrusion to protrusion, until it's standing in front of both of you, running up to grab your sock with its teeth and pull your towards the rubble. The crevasse you slipped through is still there, just big enough to squeeze through, and whatever this thing is, it's insistent that you head in that direction.

Come on! Yes, humans, you're very impressive, but even one awakening was going to catch the giants' attention! After that stunt pretty boy here pulled, every Shadow from here to Jotunnheim is going to be after you!

"Woah, woah, hang on, hold up! You're the thing that's been in my dreams!" Eiji, having also gotten back to his feet at some point, snaps the creature up off the ground, and holds it up at eye level. "Rat... Rat... Rat something."

Ugh! It's Ratatoskr! Ra-ta-tus-kur! Stubby legs kick in the air as the creature squirms. For lack of a better description, this creature looks like a cross between a squirrel, a raccoon, and an Eevee. It twists until it can bite Eiji's hand, and you can hear it break the skin. He yells in surprise and pain and drops the thing, which almost immediately starts trying to push and pull you towards the pile again. And yes I am, but we can talk about that after we save you from getting eaten, because there's a lot more Shadows where those three came from!

Ratatoskr is, unfortunately, correct. Sigrun sounds like she just had to admit that she needs to get a tooth pulled. You are injured, girl, as is the boy.

2] Retreat for today, and we will rout twice as many tomorrow.
A) "I can still take more!"
B) "Uh-uh, that was way too much jargon. Explain."
C) "When can we come back?"
D) "C'mon, Eiji, my everything hurts."
E) "I've been wanting to go home since I thought this was a train station."
F) Write-in.

[Prev] [Home] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 15, 2019

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

1: E
2: D

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Double D's.

Wait, crap, that came out wrong.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Sadly not the time for B until we get our aim improved.

DB Information please.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1] D Mostly because I’d rather fail an understanding roll than a charm roll.
2] B

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 14, 2019

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Voting DF

"Are there others here besides us and these "shadows?"

Knowing games like this, Mr. Squirrel here is gonna want us to come back. Or some other Einherjar.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 14, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote check!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] Eiji looks at you expectantly.
A) 0
B) 0
C) 0
D) 4
E) 1
F) 0

2] Retreat for today, and we will rout twice as many tomorrow.
A) 0
B+F) 3
C) 0
D) 2
E) 0
F) 0

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1:D
2:D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU