Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

This catastrophe began here. It is proper that it should end here.

Welcome to peraMyst III: Everdunes.

This is the third installment of the Reality Roleplaying Game series inspired by Cyan’s Myst tetralogy. Familiar characters and places are in totally different situations, canon narratives (including considerable historical backstory) is totally disregarded, and most importantly, there are player characters’ fingerprints all over everything. This game rejoins (or first finds) the story two weeks after the conclusion of Riven’s epilogue (which is one month following the end of the main storyline).

This game will be played using this thread and two Discord servers: the Myst/Riven server (exclusively for out-of-character chat and game-wide announcements), and the Everdunes server itself. Play makes heavy use of Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.

Character creation will take place over the following month. Everdunes began on April 8, 2019, and is planned to run for an indeterminate but lengthy amount of time concluded September 30, 2019. Please be aware of what you are signing up for!

Storyteller Team:
peramene, Podima, Max, Social Studies 3rd Period

Links:
Player’s Handbook (The Rules)
Character Creation
Chibify (Character Avatar Creator)
peraMyst (2017)
Riven (2018)
“Story So Far” Recap

Artwork
OP 1 by Snooze Cruise
OP 2 by Snooze Cruise (Massive Spoilers)
9462.7.18 -- MMM Presents: "Goron City from Ocarina of Time"

Act 1
9462.6.16 -- Day 1 - "Welcome to Sa"
9462.6.17 -- Day 2 - "First Blood"
9462.6.18 -- Day 3 - "Plans Have Changed"
9462.6.19 -- Day 4 - "Shorter Than I Imagined"
9462.6.20 -- Day 5 - "Definitely Not Ominous At All"
9462.6.21 -- Day 6 - "Strand Out"
9462.6.22 -- Day 7 - "Explicitly Tempting Me"
9462.6.23 -- Day 8 - "This Is Uncalled For"
9462.6.24 -- Day 9 - "Must Be loving Tuesday"
9462.6.25 -- Day 10 - "A Niche Market That Pays In Stabbings"

Act 2
9462.6.26 -- Day 11 - "Leading Lady Azure Lain"
9462.6.27 -- Day 12 - "Actions Have Consequences"
9462.6.28 -- Day 13 - "Reckoning Will Not Be Postponed Indefinitely"
9462.7.01 -- Day 14 - "Tunafork (Stabbing Builds Character)"
9462.7.02 -- Day 15 - "All You Punks"
9462.7.03 -- Day 16 - "The Death of Leading Lady Azure Lain (We All Suck Together)"
9462.7.04 -- Day 17 - "The Safeties Are Off In Channelwood"
9462.7.05 -- Day 18 - "Take Me As Well"
9462.7.06 -- Day 19 - "Good Enough For Me"
9462.7.07 -- Day 20 - "Herelding"
9462.7.08 -- Day 21 - "It Was Me, I Was Azure Lain All Along"
9462.7.09 -- Day 22 - "A Bit Quiet"

Act 3
9462.7.10 -- Day 23 - "Catastrophe"
9462.7.11 -- Day 24 - "Shattered Tide"
9462.7.12 -- Day 25 - "Who?"
9462.7.13 -- Day 26 - "A and P"
9462.7.14 -- Day 27 - "The Rivenin Rebellion"
9462.7.15 -- Day 28 - "Braves, Toa, and Varu"
9462.7.16 -- Day 29 - "Everyone's Made A Mess"
9462.7.17 -- Day 30 - "The Orb Bros Return"
9462.7.18 -- Day 31 - "Regret"
9462.7.19 -- Day 32 - "Vorban"
9462.7.20 -- Day 33 - "Rotfall"

Act 4
9462.7.21 -- Day 34 - "The Ages Beyond"
9462.7.22 -- Day 35 - "Murder Priestess"
9462.7.23 -- Day 36 - "Busy Waiting Around"
9462.7.24 -- Day 37 - "Surviving is Complicated"
9462.7.25 -- Day 38 - "Steve and Serenia"
9462.7.26 -- Day 39 - "fsdajfdjiadpfafadpsz"

Act 5 - Finale
9462.7.27 -- Day 40 - "A Mother and a Conqueror; One Last Binding"
9462.7.28 -- Day 41 - "The Lyceum"

peramene fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Basic Rules:
These rules apply to all players for the entire game. By signing up to play, you are effectively toxxing yourself to abide them.

Additional details on these rules (and others) can be found in the Player’s Handbook.

• The nature of the game demands that there be absolutely zero deadposting or spectator posting once the game is on. Players are expected to obey all storyteller instructions related to communication restrictions. If a character can’t communicate, that player also goes silent by design, and other players will need to discover why on their own. For that same reason, you must remain in the Discord server no matter what until the game has concluded.
  • Where and how characters begin the game - what space, what items, how much wealth - is not intended to be balanced. This applies to the entire game’s process of events, and none of it is intended to be fair. Players must address disparities with in-game solutions.
  • It is truer than ever before this year: you will be cooperating with other players, but at the end of the day some problems can only be solved with murders and bamboozles. You will need to hurt other players’ characters, and more importantly, they will need to hurt or even kill yours.
  • Communicate with the Storytellers if you’ll be absent from the game for more than two deadlines. If it’s temporary, there’s no problem. If you’re removed from the game due to a lack of participation, your character will be vacated and may meet a terrible fate. We have a player cap this time around, so please take your slot seriously.
  • Neither post nor share in any way your private documents provided by the Storytellers. Don’t quote verbatim, don’t post screenshots - paraphrase. Additionally, don’t encrypt your posts or messages. Pre-arranged messages with different meanings (“I’ll say banana or apple and you’ll understand that’s yes or no”) are acceptable only in circumstances where it won’t be obvious what you’re doing.
  • Certain rewards, objectives, and NPCs are first come, first served. All actions taken happen simultaneously, which means that sometimes, two characters may attempt to perform the same action. These actions are now contested and must be resolved before the next deadline, or a penalty is inflicted. See more in the Contested Actions section of the PHB.
  • This game is a collaborative effort - if you have questions or suggestions about anything at all, please talk to a Storyteller! Your game (and others’) will be better for it.
  • Please note that this is an RRG - Reality Roleplaying Game. Compared to other games, these aim for a much heavier focus on immersion and roleplaying - by signing up, you acknowledge that other players will be playing in-character to some degree, and agree to at least make a best-faith attempt at doing the same yourself. Conversely, there’s no obligation to spend any time playing in-character, but you may miss out on some of the best parts of this experience.

In addition to these rules and any others described here or elsewhere, Storytellers are empowered to take any action necessary to defend the game’s integrity if a situation arises that warrants it.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Character Creation:
New characters can be from one of the following four Ages: Channelwood, Riven, Sa, Whiterock. More information on each can be found in the Character Creation Questionnaire, which you must fill out as a first step to sign up for this game, if interested.

You should also join the Myst/Riven Discord server so you can hang out with other players and ask the Storytellers questions quickly and easily.

Lastly, you are heavily encouraged to create an avatar of your character using Chibify. If you’re not into this sort of thing, Jen - forums user GeneX - has graciously volunteered to aid the wayward (Lord and Lady know she’ll be doing some for me).

Note that character creation is an ongoing collaborative process that will take place over the month prior to game start. The sooner you get an initial character concept down on paper, the sooner storytellers can work with you to develop it from there.

peramene fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 8, 2019

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Cast (By Origin; Alphabetically):

Chochtic
Chic Trombone as Kasia

Dwellers
Snooze Cruise as Azure Lain
KhediveRex as Carnelian Gutxi
Hal Incandeza as Cerulean Haqqu
George Kansas as Indigo Jheorge
jimmydalad as Orchid, formerly Blood Estra
Prince of Space as Vermilion Jarlis

Hara
curiousCat as Artemis O'Hara

Sa
SolusLunes as Avery Walters
Asiina as Chell Henderson
Bifauxnen as Egnatius Greene
Y_G as Gascoigne Brendt
Natural20 aka Azurelana as Laslow Shaw
Murmur Twin as Leanansidhe ("Lea") Carter
sentimental snail as Schelene Strangeland
soaring kestrel as Sena Ward
MMM as Zanzian Miller
Kashuno as Zel Anderson

Shirnao
Somberbrero as Larcenist Brodsky
Meinberg as Speaker Len
Poque as Scholar Xavier

Varbani
chaoslord as Aosa of Clan Anca
bagshotrow as Andra of Clan Gavo
The Lord of Hats as Conway of Clan Gavo
GeneX as Emi Archer
50 pounds of bread as Indroj Starstrider
sniper4625 as Kerath
AnAnonymousIdiot as Komp-Nikints of Clan Ivo
Krysmphoenix as Naela of Clan Baleno, Daughter of the Sea
Teland as Nenio Ciel
busb as Nenio Pitzae
Rhjamiz as Nenio Rabo
Capitalistpig as Salo of Clan Povo
Jeabus Mahogany as Tavish of Clan Anura

peramene fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 27, 2019

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
[reserved! <3]

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
[reserved! <3]

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:firstpost:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I miss Rudala

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Hi

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I'm here. I'm ready. I'm scared.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I am ready i am here lets go

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I'm here. I'm ready. I'm scared.

:same:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm here.

I'm fine.

Everything is fine.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

I wish to play but I have to do the character creation thing first

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I'm here.

I'm fine.

Everything is fine.

yeah you are

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Interest post will do this after work

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
New people please do not be misled that I am still a member of Clan Mallumo, that den of criminals, as I have received firm assurances from our beloved storytellers this is but an aberration of the chargen period.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I am ready to be killed and eaten by sunners.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Krysmphoenix posted:

I am ready to be killed and eaten by sunners.

Hot.

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.
hello again friends!! it is so excited to be game again. did you know that i am very good at the game? i am the best.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

sniper4625 posted:

New people please do not be misled that I am still a member of Clan Mallumo, that den of criminals, as I have received firm assurances from our beloved storytellers this is but an aberration of the chargen period.

Similar reasoning, ignore the stuff after "Archer" ty ty

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Caroline posted:

hello again friends!! it is so excited to be game again. did you know that i am very good at the game? i am the best.

👄

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Interest check post.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What is the player cap?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

What is the player cap?

Low enough to manage, high enough for a respectable mix of new players and returning players!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

Low enough to manage, high enough for a respectable mix of new players and returning players!

So you are saying I should sign up!

As a new player...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am here

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I’m going to regret this

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
People were saying this is the poo poo so consider this my interest post

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kashuno posted:

I’m going to regret this

Just don't fall in any holes, and you'll enjoy yourself, imo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I can’t fill out the questionnaire atm but please I am serious about sign up

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I will do my best.

https://www.chibify.com/load_config=26638

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what am i suppose to do with this
https://www.chibify.com/load_config=26640

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Caroline posted:

:ohdearsass:

quote:

It is truer than ever before this year: you will be cooperating with other players, but at the end of the day some problems can only be solved with murders and bamboozles. You will need to hurt other players’ characters, and more importantly, they will need to hurt or even kill yours.

:sadpeanut:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

sniper4625 posted:

I am ready i am here lets go

I am ready to once again face my arch nemesis.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

CapitalistPig posted:

I am ready to once again face my arch nemesis.

New Age who dis

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

sniper4625 posted:

New Age who dis

Don't act like you don't know me.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Also, yes, actually kind of important:

If you don't feel like making a character in chibify, or the site doesn't work for you, I'll be happy to help you out! That aid can come in the form of suggestions, alternate interpretations, creating the model for you, and anything in between. I'm Emi on the Myst discord server, and if you want, need, or are interested in help, contact me there.

Note that this is not mandatory, and if you're happy with your design, you absolutely do not need to get it approved by me or anything of the sort.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Time to die early again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]

The following is pera approved.

During the intervening month before Everdunes begins proper, I will be running a fairly standard open setup mafia game for 13 players called “Campfire Mafia.” Please sign up in this thread, and I will let you know once the game has started in a new thread.

:siren: Please only sign up for this game if you are going to be playing in Everdunes, and only if you intend to see the game through to the end. :siren:

Players:
Cpig
Asiina
Hal
Chic
GX
Sniper
MMT
Teland
Azurelana

Old Maid You Look fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 9, 2019