Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

KhediveRex posted:

Our destination is Herelding. Rime is simply on the path.

Hope you have enough cold protection for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Krysmphoenix posted:

The part we are so angry about is why this forced exile is necessary at all. Everyone seems to want to stop the fighting, yet are going to keep fighting if the exile doesn't happen? That doesn't make any sense at all.

You started this CLA as a way to end this two color farce. Yet all I see here is you punishing one side to stop the other from killing them. You really have a lot of explaining to do.

I would like to direct you all to the editorial I made on the whole War addressing events and experiences, and including what happened and why Exile became necessary. But the short of it is that after taking the Oasis from Liana - Leader of the Blue Faction - Zeal had actually captured Liana and through whatever law or precedent that came from such things happening, she became de facto ruler of the Oasis Dwellers. We can no longer say that we're neutral if we have the Oasis Dwellers on our side, and that's before we factor in Cobalt Sarna who remains at large.

I cannot speak for Zeal Ruin's decision process on the matter, but it looked like she thought she could make them abandon their enmity for the Lookout Dwellers through force of personality. It turns out that hasn't been the case. The other scenario is that taking power over the Oasis Dwellers would mean that the war could end quicker, but again, only leadership and those who volunteered have fought in this war.

The best way to put this is that Zeal Ruin thought she could control the Oasis Dwellers but have found herself to be controlled by their interests instead. It's uncertain if she must cater to their needs, or if they will answer hers. To olacate her charges and keep control over Channelwood, she would need to commit exile or fight another war with Blue Rebels. She is unable to step down from Blue Leadership without dire consequences, and she does not want to kill people who as of now haven't raised arms against us.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

CapitalistPig posted:

Hope you have enough cold protection for everyone.

Everyone in this case is I and Vermilion. The rest of our population will bunker down on a peaceful world while he and I face the dangers of Rime to find the Herelding Linking Book.

And no, we don't currently have enough cold protection even for just myself and Vermilion. But, I'm hopeful that the appropriate gear can be built or bartered for. Our people are counting on us.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I would like to direct you all to the editorial I made on the whole War addressing events and experiences, and including what happened and why Exile became necessary. But the short of it is that after taking the Oasis from Liana - Leader of the Blue Faction - Zeal had actually captured Liana and through whatever law or precedent that came from such things happening, she became de facto ruler of the Oasis Dwellers. We can no longer say that we're neutral if we have the Oasis Dwellers on our side, and that's before we factor in Cobalt Sarna who remains at large.

I cannot speak for Zeal Ruin's decision process on the matter, but it looked like she thought she could make them abandon their enmity for the Lookout Dwellers through force of personality. It turns out that hasn't been the case. The other scenario is that taking power over the Oasis Dwellers would mean that the war could end quicker, but again, only leadership and those who volunteered have fought in this war.

The best way to put this is that Zeal Ruin thought she could control the Oasis Dwellers but have found herself to be controlled by their interests instead. It's uncertain if she must cater to their needs, or if they will answer hers. To olacate her charges and keep control over Channelwood, she would need to commit exile or fight another war with Blue Rebels. She is unable to step down from Blue Leadership without dire consequences, and she does not want to kill people who as of now haven't raised arms against us.

This isn't true.
I knew if I made the decision it would mean a month exile, I am not controlled by anyone's interests.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Good thing to know that the people who join up with the CLA don't pay attention to anything I say either I guess.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Murmur Twin posted:

Is that slang for being under a falling block of ice? Because I don't think I want that again :ohdearsass:

You're safe and sound? No reason to worry?

I'm a little banged up so I'll need to find a way to heal at some point but other than that I'm okay.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its only going to be a month. Yes its still going to be a bad thing, but Vermilion is the one who keeps trying to push this as some sort of permanent option now.

Vermilion Jarlis

This one would appreciate if you didn't continue to put words in his mouth, as though he had said them himself.

This is a critical time in Channelwood history where permanent solutions are what we need to end the fighting once and for all. A month of exile for the people who "won" the war before the CLA swept in and changed their alignment is not a solution - it is a temporary stopgap measure that will only make the enmity between the two Dwellers sides worse.

The permanent solution that this one is seeking is a home Age for each Dweller people.

It is far better to have an exodus to a promised land bearing everything we can carry on our backs than it is to be homeless for a month with hatred for the other side still brewing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You are going to get yourselves killed!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Azurelana posted:

I'm a little banged up so I'll need to find a way to heal at some point but other than that I'm okay.

Will you be there for awhile?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
As far as I can tell, there seem to be three groups here.

The group that wants to leave and never come back.
The group that wants to just go home and not fight.
The group that wants to keep fighting no matter what.

Frankly it seems that if anyone be exiled, it's the third group. Colors be damned.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Krysmphoenix posted:

Frankly it seems that if anyone be exiled, it's the third group. Colors be damned.

I couldn't agree more Naela... I'd like this to end soon, so we can move on to handle the aftermath while we still can.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Krysmphoenix posted:

As far as I can tell you are not here, are not an expert on foreign affairs, and your interactions with Dwellers have mostly been between weirdos like me and Vermilion.

The third group, is a good chunk of the Channelwood population on both sides. So please, once again understand this, you are being extremely patronizing about things you clearly are not fluent in.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Lea, if you're going to be changing your plans, please let me know as soon as possible, as I'm following you tonight and also have plans to meet others there.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Then I guess I'll always be patronizing and furious at people who don't give a poo poo about others.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Krysmphoenix posted:

Then I guess I'll always be patronizing and furious at people who don't give a poo poo about others.

This is a gross accusation. People are doing the best for our kind, there are unresolvable differences, claiming we don't care because this is the only solution we have been presented with is disgusting.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Murmur Twin posted:

No, I should be home pretty soon.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Lyra may not have a lot of structure, but what it does have is a lot of mushrooms. Mushrooms which appear to be edible. It also is relatively sparsely populated compared to every other Age I can think of, for its size. It would take a lot of backbreaking labor to make this Age sustainable, but it is possible.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Krysmphoenix posted:

I just don't understand what you are not understanding.

When the war started there were two sides:

The Reds, who if they win the war will permanently exile the Blues.
The Blues, who if they win the war will permanently exile the Reds.

Then the CLA came and, somehow, managed to talk the Gods into letting the exile only be a month.

Per Divine Instruction, there can be no peace until there is a winner declared in the war.

As in, if there is no winner declared, the reds and the blues will fight forever. Literally the only way to end the fighting is for there to be a winner and then we move on to solving the aftermath.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

This one sees it this way:

The reds will lose this conflict, inevitably. With the blues bolstered by the CLA, the reds simply don't have the numbers to succeed.

Some of the reds want to fight to the bitter end, since losing would mean the end of their homes, their power, and their freedoms. This one understands their sentiments, and so he fears what they are capable of. Ardite is one such a person. Burgundy perhaps, too. Both have expressed a desire to leave the age in flames if they are to be ousted by the blues...

When the CLA and blues win with their superior numbers, all of the reds will be exiled from Channelwood for one month. Where will they go? Tay? Sa? Myst? This is something that will need to be worked out by the powers-that-be, and soon, because it will be happening whether we want it to or not. Zeal Ruin has all but assured this outcome. It is not permanent, however (thankfully), which gives the exiled reds a choice:

They can go to a new Age - Herelding - when the path is opened to them, or
They can return to their lightly-ransacked homes in Channelwood where they will likely feel like second-class citizens for a good, long while.

Having options for an exiled people is always good.

Now we - being Carnelian Guxti and this one - just need to find where the Linking Book to Rime has gotten off to, and to make sure to bring warm clothes first.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Snooze Cruise posted:

Good thing to know that the people who join up with the CLA don't pay attention to anything I say either I guess.

I mean, I'm just here to help end a war, I don't know jack and/or poo poo about the internal politics of the place, and I'm certainly not going to roll up and be like "hey look fuckers this is how you should end your disputes" and just shoot one of them in the face/preach endlessly about something

Bifauxnen posted:

If I could make it through one day without a drink, surely anything's possible!

Holy poo poo I'm going to need one after watching all this political back-and-forth.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

Lea, if you're going to be changing your plans, please let me know as soon as possible, as I'm following you tonight and also have plans to meet others there.

My plans are still the same, and I look forward to seeing you again after all this time :glomp:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Krysmphoenix posted:

Oh god I am tired of this hypocrisy.
That isn't how it works, if you really give a poo poo about others you have to deal with the bullshit, you have to work through it, you have to make decisions you sometimes hate. And most of all, you have to face reality, you have to live in it, even if its such a god drat mess.

Sapphire and Burgundy didn't want to face it. They didn't want to accept the fact that the previous war was completely god drat meaningless. That it was seen as just some sort of toy for two crappy brothers. That they lost love ones, and there was absolute no meaning behind it. Because they couldn't face that, because they couldn't try to change, that is where we are now.

And then there is the lot of you, you are not here! I am trying to change things, in feasible ways, in ways that are actually possible. But then I keep getting told to do impossible things from people who do not know the reality of the situation here, and no matter how much its explain to them they cover up their ears and say "LALALALA." All the values people like that hold are meaningless if they don't live in the real world! I even had to hear this from Chell Henderson. The woman who makes a jolly mess wherever she goes and always creates a new vision of the world so she can say she is right afterwards. Neither the villain of Channelwood, or the heroine of the arena, just the Fool of Sa. A person who once killed my people, and then afterwards force my people to throw a trial for her so she could say "hey sorry I killed those people", which all that it managed to do was reopen old wounds and made the dwellers even more suspicious of outsiders. Even she wants to tell me how to do things here, ridiculous.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

To Naela and Orchid, should you both arrive in Channelwood, if you have time, I hope you can help spread these sentiments of peace and mutual cohabitation between people to the Dwellers here and wherever the refugees may be.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

Holy poo poo I'm going to need one after watching all this political back-and-forth.

I know, right? But next time don't let me have any, I can be designated dragger.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hey lovies glad you missed me

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kashuno posted:

Hey lovies glad you missed me

Who had "not dead" in the pool?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Is anyone at the cartagrapher's guild right now? This is extremely important. I need the envoy report on the murders.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Krysmphoenix posted:

Is anyone at the cartagrapher's guild right now? This is extremely important. I need the envoy report on the murders.

I’m here gettin a few beers on business, give me a few and I can give you the info

Also papa is here what a good time for us to have a niiiice little talk

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Reporting once again on the War on Channelwood. Reds appear to be racing towards the exit. They seem ready to leave and are now willing to fight to get out, and do not seem to care how they get out. Faram and Mateev meanwhile remain at large; it is likely they're going to try to escape with the other Reds. We're going to try and make sure they escape without causing too much damage.

I'd like to hope we can capture or kill Mateev so that we can cut off the head of the snake that's infiltrated the Red Dwellers.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I’m here gettin a few beers on business, give me a few and I can give you the info

Also papa is here what a good time for us to have a niiiice little talk

You're not part of the guild but please post the report if you can. I asked the envoy to make it public, but I dont know if they heard that clearly.

Zel, I'm glad you're alive but I cannot stress right now how much I may need the findings of this result.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
By the way, can I just saw this Channelwood exile is the dumbest thing any idiot has ever put forth ever?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

By the way, can I just saw this Channelwood exile is the dumbest thing any idiot has ever put forth ever?

You're not getting an argument from me.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Krysmphoenix posted:

You're not part of the guild but please post the report if you can. I asked the envoy to make it public, but I dont know if they heard that clearly.

Zel, I'm glad you're alive but I cannot stress right now how much I may need the findings of this result.

Bulletpoints:
Killed night of 7.1
Definitely a struggle, but not looking like a robbery
Markings are similar to the practices of The Way, her ex-husbands faith

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Weird there’s an envoy report just chilling on the ground here, but looks like it’s uh..not for any of the main guilds

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

Bulletpoints:
Killed night of 7.1
Definitely a struggle, but not looking like a robbery
Markings are similar to the practices of The Way, her ex-husbands faith

gently caress, 7.1? Lain was murdered on night of 7.2
Gods...she was dead for that many days and we never noticed...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Beloved,

Where are you now? Where have you been? I often think on you during the night, as the soft sounds begin to drown out the loud in the guild hall. I’m currently sitting at my desk, staring at the fire, and thinking of some of the stories you told me of your wild and lustrous life. The fire that took your lifeline, the young man you found yourself in possession of, and how it all began with a simple journey into a cave.

Have you found your son? Have you teased him, yet again, about his various attempted triumphs? Are you laughing, still, about the letter we wrote?

I hope you are entertained, and that there is still more journey ahead of you. Take care of yourself, so that you can one day come back here, and regale me with all your new adventures.

Yours, in service:
Harsha Brandkamp

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Thank you Kerath...this does not ease my nerves though. I have unexpected company.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

:agreed: but we literally did not have any way around that choice as we explained a jillion times already so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I didn't read any of that I was busy with business I just saw "Wow let's put quite seriously the absolute dumbest idea anyone has ever had on paper and maybe it'll be okay"