Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

If anyone's on Lyra, could they collect some of the bioluminescent mushrooms?

It's part of my inkling over Channelwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Prince of Space posted:

If you'd done that, you would have been able to "apprehend" both Sirrus and Ciel of clan Nenio today.
I realize many are angry, but am I being accused of a crime?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

You may be detained for questioning, at the very least.

Thievery and destruction of a Descriptive Book is a serious offense, not to be taken lightly.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

But that book was already stolen, and I returned it to where it was stolen from. And I didn't actually destroy it.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

I mean I'm sitting right here in the government headquarters, they can detain me if I've committed a crime.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

We can let Sa's court systems decide whether that's an important detail or not.

If you need a "get out of jail free" token from the Choaneen then you may as well pick it up from her now.

If this one sees you in person, he's taking you with him to the Capitol District to sort this out, all official-like.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Everdunes doesn't count Ciel. At best, you've given every Varbani a soul-clenching scare for whatever reason given. At worst, you've allowed Riven to be at the Chochtic's mercy. You tell me that they seek to avoid killing, but why? Why don't they want to kill us? Why invade in the first place?

Please answer these questions.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't remember if anyone mention it, but the song here is Stone Tower Temple

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Snooze Cruise posted:

I don't remember if anyone mention it, but the song here is Stone Tower Temple

What qualifies as here?

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

I'm still not sure what crime I'm being accused of, but once Azure's tribunal system is up and running we'll see what is necessary. If you want to question me, go ahead - no need to use force.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Please answer these questions.
I'll do my best. I was initially trying to keep this off of general comms, but at this point I think that is doing more harm than good. So for those who haven't heard, I have recently been to Riven. The book I used to get there is no longer viable, and I will not publicly name the person who had it, as they only revealed it to me to save my life.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

You tell me that they seek to avoid killing, but why? Why don't they want to kill us?
The Chochtic are people. They value life just like we do. I'm not sure how else to answer this.

If you're wondering if this is just a lie from Choaneen, I can tell you it's not. I learned for myself that the Chochtic are using non-lethal tactics before I ever met Choaneen. I treated the wounded on both sides. The Varbani wounded were only scraped up, with a few broken bones here and there, but very few serious injuries. They were not the types of wounds I was expecting from a bloody war. The wounded Chochtic were not so well off - piercing wounds, poison darts, burns... The Varbani are killing Chochtic, not the other way around.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Why invade in the first place?
Both sides have told me that this is not a fight for the conquest of Riven. The details are not clear to me, but apparently this has to do with items that were stolen from the Chochtic and "entrusted" to a group of Varbani.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

He never left Riven.
Ciel takes a deep breath.

I'm sorry. If I can, I will try to reunited you two. Listen, based on what I saw, it seems that the Varbani on Riven who have chosen not to fight are being left alone. This was a huge relief for me, and I hope it also gives some hope to you and to everyone else who has loved ones on Riven.

I don't fully understand what the Chochtic are after, but I know it doesn't include killing Varbani and taking Riven by force. I believe Choaneen when she says she will return Riven to the Varbani after the conflict is over - even the Varbani fighters agreed that the Chochtic aren't after our home.

Ciel sighs deeply.

I'm... exhausted. But I will do my best to answer more questions if you have them. I truly didn't mean any harm...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

jimmydalad posted:

What qualifies as here?

Oh I am at the Queen's loft, nice place.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh I am at the Queen's loft, nice place.

Oh, that’s nice to hear. Give her my best regards.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

jimmydalad posted:

Oh, that’s nice to hear. Give her my best regards.

OK, I'll do so when we are having our PJ party.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

OK, I'll do so when we are having our PJ party.

Feels like some time since we saw each other. After your PJ party, we should catch up. You know, as guild leaders and such.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Ciel, you and I are going to have a little talk.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Krysmphoenix posted:

Ciel, you and I are going to have a little talk.
I'm listening.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
An in person talk. I'm not going to play this game of internal strife with you over communicators.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Ok, next time I see you then.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I say this not out of cruelty, but kindness. You should hope I'm the first Varbani you see again.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wow rude Nenio keeps talking on here but won't even reply hi to me in person.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Hi Azure. Try the cinnamon rice drink!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Teland posted:

I'm still not sure what crime I'm being accused of

Prince of Space posted:

Thievery and destruction of a Descriptive Book is a serious offense, not to be taken lightly.

Teland posted:

But that book was already stolen, and I returned it to where it was stolen from. And I didn't actually destroy it.

I mean you do know what crime you are being accused of, so stop.

Teland posted:

They value life just like we do.
Kidnapping people off Riven sure shows they value life, yes indeed.

Teland posted:

I truly didn't mean any harm...

This is extremely hard to believe.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I canot say I really appreciate the idea that Riven's descriptive book belonged to Choani in the first place, as opposed to the people who lived there, who brought the age back from the brink of destruction

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

The Lord of Hats posted:

I canot say I really appreciate the idea that Riven's descriptive book belonged to Choani in the first place, as opposed to the people who lived there, who brought the age back from the brink of destruction
That's fair. I think some would argue it belongs to the writer. If it belongs to the people, which one exactly?

Honestly, I would have preferred it stay hidden and incomplete so no one has that power over Riven. But that's just not possible - someone will always try to rebuild it.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Teland posted:

That's fair. I think some would argue it belongs to the writer. If it belongs to the people, which one exactly?

Honestly, I would have preferred it stay hidden and incomplete so no one has that power over Riven. But that's just not possible - someone will always try to rebuild it.

I feel like I remember a rather large war that concluded with Riven quite definitively becoming no longer property of its Writer.

As for the present...well, I suppose it remains to see if those who believe it is possible to link to an Age after the destruction of it's Descriptive Book are correct. If they are not, well, I suppose you prepared yourself to carry that weight when you made your decision.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Perhaps it should have been buried under Varban.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
It is very important that I get a listing of all viable sign combinations, as well as any known Ages associated with them.

I believe through a combination of the correct information that it may be possible to open communication with Riven.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Personal property is kinda funny, isn't it? Ha ha!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

sniper4625 posted:

I feel like I remember a rather large war that concluded with Riven quite definitively becoming no longer property of its Writer.

As for the present...well, I suppose it remains to see if those who believe it is possible to link to an Age after the destruction of it's Descriptive Book are correct. If they are not, well, I suppose you prepared yourself to carry that weight when you made your decision.

Ancestors won’t be able to help Ciel if those people are wrong

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

chaoslord posted:

Ancestors won’t be able to help Ciel if those people are wrong

I'm sure she's prepared herself for that too. It takes...a certain amount of courage to chart that kind of course. Whatever other feelings I may have, I can respect that.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

In case it is not clear, the only hope for the freedom of all Ages, the only chance to remove the Choctic dominion from control over the entire Tree of Ages lies in Riven. Without the strength of all of the Varbani, then the Evrani-Choctic are unstoppable.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Tree of Ages? You mean Varban has power beyond just our Age?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Krysmphoenix posted:

Different thing, I'll explain when I see you next.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Krysmphoenix posted:

I'm referring to the network

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Look you gotta be careful with metaphors. People say "snake in the grass" and I listen for the stars.

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't

Meinberg posted:

It is very important that I get a listing of all viable sign combinations, as well as any known Ages associated with them.

I believe through a combination of the correct information that it may be possible to open communication with Riven.

"viable"? What would make a combination non viable?

And sorry--Channelwood's descriptive book was destroyed right? And you can still link there, so why the discussion? Was it just a ruse when someone said they had destroyed the book?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

bagshotrow posted:

"viable"? What would make a combination non viable?

And sorry--Channelwood's descriptive book was destroyed right? And you can still link there, so why the discussion? Was it just a ruse when someone said they had destroyed the book?

It's entirely based on Achenar's word, which, pending verification by...a non-Achenar source, I'm not willing to accept as truth.

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't

sniper4625 posted:

It's entirely based on Achenar's word, which, pending verification by...a non-Achenar source, I'm not willing to accept as truth.

Haha! Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh no i got Ciel and Pitzae confused like a silly goose haha