Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Andra... I'm sorry. I've spoken it over with the others here, and... it's not my decision to make alone. So... not right now. But as soon as I can manage it. And before that, if there is something you need me to do for you here, let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

.....Xavier.......

...yes, I can help Achenar when I arrive.

Thank you. Ancestors watch over you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
...Xavier. God damnit. I’m sorry it came to this, Brodsky.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm here. I'm in Riven.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I only fought alongside Xavier once. He was a good man.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

How do I get there?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm here. I'm in Riven.

Where?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rivenin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Glad you made it and are not stuck in their prison

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is there anyone still in their prisons? I think everyone managed to escape but...honestly I don't know.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you were able to access the entirety of their base in the middle of combat, you’ve become even more impressive than I thought

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Shes the most impressive

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't

The Lord of Hats posted:

Andra... I'm sorry. I've spoken it over with the others here, and... it's not my decision to make alone. So... not right now. But as soon as I can manage it. And before that, if there is something you need me to do for you here, let me know.

Oh, are you going to learn the nature of the orb for me? Are you gonna protect my guildmates from the people who have sworn vengeance on them - - the ones you did let through with you? Are you gonna find and hug my apprentice for me? Thanks big brother that's really great of you to offer.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

Shes the most impressive

careful, we wouldn't want any inappropriate responses to jailbreaks

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

Brodsky... voice breaking I'm so sorry. I know what it's like, to be willing to give up everything to bring someone...

shudders, sniffs

You don't know what it means to me to have this message. Thank you. I'm sorry. You're a beautiful and irreplaceable person.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Xavier was a fool, don't mourn too hard

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

It's ok to mourn fools. They need mourning too. Maybe more than others.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
You know, there's probably a kernel of truth there. I find it hard to mourn someone so keen on destruction though.

If only we could all get along in peace... if only there was a way...

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

bagshotrow posted:

Oh, are you going to learn the nature of the orb for me? Are you gonna protect my guildmates from the people who have sworn vengeance on them - - the ones you did let through with you? Are you gonna find and hug my apprentice for me? Thanks big brother that's really great of you to offer.

Andra? I am going to start by apologizing for the fact that it is you that I am saying this to. You probably do not deserve it. Maybe nobody does. Probably I am going to apologize for this afterwards, too.

But I am tired, Andra. In the past weeks I have seen someone I was close to be murdered by their former husband. I have had clanmates I did not even know were alive perish in explosions. I have bashed my head against Charlie Strand's Rot-damned paranoid codes. I have been forced to keep secrets from those I care deeply about and had them come to resent me for it. I have gone to the most far=flung ages I could find in search of pages to try and open Riven back up. I have had my trust betrayed three times in as many days. I've faced down Choani in single rptdamn combat to get Riven away from her, and I jumped off the loving Obelisk to keep it that way, and I have been an emotional support for drat near everyone I've met, and defused more fights than I can keep goddamn track of! I'm about to go fight the Chochtic to liberate Riven! I am loving tired! I'm loving tired of doing loving everything, and feeling resentment build up because it feels like nobody's there for me the way I try to be there for them! You included!

And I am trying! I am trying real Rotdamn hard to keep everyone happy! To protect people that you care about who have hurt me and mine! Because you are important to me, regardless of how I feel about them! But sometimes, some things just aren't possible! And I'm going to keep trying because that's just the person I am, even when I am sick and tired of it! So there you go! loving sorry that I wasn't able to get this one done for you! My loving bad!

*there are some shuffling sounds, and then the sound of an impact before the line goes dead*

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

busb posted:

You know, there's probably a kernel of truth there. I find it hard to mourn someone so keen on destruction though.

If only we could all get along in peace... if only there was a way...

Like the invaders withdrawing their forces? What a novel concept

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

chaoslord posted:

Like the invaders withdrawing their forces? What a novel concept

sure they could. Riven society is rotten and broken though, it doesn't deserve to be saved

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

busb posted:

sure they could. Riven society is rotten and broken though, it doesn't deserve to be saved

Not your choice.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi! Thanks to everyone who was nice to me yesterday, that was very cool. If you weren't nice to me, that's not cool but it's okay!

Andra, let's be buddies and help each other and try to have a good time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well! That was slightly disturbing!

To anyone who was interested in Gascoigne or his work, here is your report.

That one particular painting he spoke of recently was still intact. I'm afraid that's the only piece I can say that for. It was enshrined in a ring of candles and left untouched, but every other artwork in his atelier, every single one, has been painted over with numerous plain circles and nothing more.

I'm not sure how long ago he left the place in this state of madness. Even the doorknob appeared dusty.

One other oddity... when I last saw Gascoigne, he said he believed the painting had come from an age called Stoneship. But Alizabeth insisted on classifying it as a Rivenese painting when she was putting it in storage. Now that she raised the issue, the subject matter does make me think of those "whark" creatures I've heard about. It was also painted on what looks like petrified bark, rather than canvas.

If any Varbani people are passing through Sa again anytime soon, I highly recommend having a look. This work deserves further study, and Steward Alizabeth can surely give you a viewing if you ask nicely.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bifauxnen posted:

Well! That was slightly disturbing!

To anyone who was interested in Gascoigne or his work, here is your report.

That one particular painting he spoke of recently was still intact. I'm afraid that's the only piece I can say that for. It was enshrined in a ring of candles and left untouched, but every other artwork in his atelier, every single one, has been painted over with numerous plain circles and nothing more.

I'm not sure how long ago he left the place in this state of madness. Even the doorknob appeared dusty.

One other oddity... when I last saw Gascoigne, he said he believed the painting had come from an age called Stoneship. But Alizabeth insisted on classifying it as a Rivenese painting when she was putting it in storage. Now that she raised the issue, the subject matter does make me think of those "whark" creatures I've heard about. It was also painted on what looks like petrified bark, rather than canvas.

If any Varbani people are passing through Sa again anytime soon, I highly recommend having a look. This work deserves further study, and Steward Alizabeth can surely give you a viewing if you ask nicely.

Did he told you about his dream?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Did he told you about his dream?

Not at all, the last time I ever saw him was before the election! That day when you were also there to hear his impassioned speeches... quite a good thing we didn't elect him either.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bifauxnen posted:

Not at all, the last time I ever saw him was before the election! That day when you were also there to hear his impassioned speeches... quite a good thing we didn't elect him either.

Ugh.

OK I am going to try to recount it as much as I could from memory.

In his dream he saw Riven, but he knew, he knew it was Stoneship. There is a growing rift, things cascade, then they come back and cascade again?

He was really really focused on the orbs. There were 4 Orbs for each cardinal point.

There might have been a serpent with the last cascade? I may be totally making that bit up it was so long ago.

I assume you didn't found any journals there? He had some journals that made him think he was correct about his assumptions in regard to the painting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

No journals, no. Hm. Orbs, eh? I wonder if that's what all the circles were about, then.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

So, uh.

Any result on kicking Kerath down the well?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bifauxnen posted:

No journals, no. Hm. Orbs, eh? I wonder if that's what all the circles were about, then.

That is my thinking, or...

Serpents? A simplified ouroboros?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

That is my thinking, or...

Serpents? A simplified ouroboros?

Or hell it could just be both.

Wait, I assume so but, were the candles long out?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

SolusLunes posted:

So, uh.

Any result on kicking Kerath down the well?

Stars look very different today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Or hell it could just be both.

Wait, I assume so but, were the candles long out?

I can't say for how long they were out, but they had all burned down, yes. And not recently. The whole place in general looked like it had been quite unattended to.

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

It was stoneship but also riven...??

I imagine the circle also had sixteen candles?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

bagshotrow posted:

To put it frankly when I was in discussion with Gascoigne the theory ended up being what was that before Stoneship was Stoneship it was a proto-Riven

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

bagshotrow posted:

Oh, didn't think to count them, sorry. It could have been that many though, yes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

To put it frankly when I was in discussion with Gascoigne the theory ended up being what was that before Stoneship was Stoneship it was a proto-Riven

And he had some manner of papers that he believed supported this theory

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Stoneship was written by Atrus, yes? After he had left Riven?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Lord of Hats posted:

Stoneship was written by Atrus, yes? After he had left Riven?

Huh really? That makes the whole thing weirder. Was it immediately after, because if so that does seem to suggest that there is some thing here tying the two together that maybe Gasciogne was catching on to? I dunno.