Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Asiina posted:

Choani Good Actually.

Turns out the real bad guy....is the guy with the bombs who likes to blow up civilians.

Oh man, what a shock!!

Rabo's just morally questionable at most!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

Len believes it to be true. “It doesn’t matter that you and your friends were kidnapped, your home destroyed, and people killed, she had good reasons to do that and didn’t kill that many people, it barely impacted those who were conquered.”

It’s abhorrent.

That's fair. I agree with Len a little in that Choani could have easily done so much more against all of us, at any point, but didn't. That doesn't make her actions right, but to me at least it shows that she's not heartless even in her determination.

Whether that restraint means anything to you I suppose, I don't know.

You are free to do and think whatever you like, I only tell you what's happening here and what we've learned so that if you do come tomorrow, you are not shocked if you see people more sympathetic to Choani than you expected.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

Rabo's just morally questionable at most!

Unrepentant equal opportunity terrorist is what I'd say.

Tomato, Tomahto I suppose though.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
9462.7.28 - The Final Day

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

I ##claim the Lyceum. It will be mine and mine alone and access will be granted only with my explicit consent after I have fully mastered its secrets and restored Hara.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Let's take her to the SSI.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

##withdraw

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##ExplorersGuild

Let's make a future the D'ni would be jealous of, and make sure there will never be another Hara tragedy as long as the Art exists.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
##explorersguild

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##explorersguild

I'm so tired. Conway I expect you to get your best people looking into this resonance cascade stuff.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

Cripes, but this one cannot fight any longer, much less contest a claim on something so important as this.

So long as Ms. Lain is content with the fate the Book, this one is happy.

##win with Azure Lain

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was sort of hoping the Fatewarcenist was going to do something wacky I could support but in the end it has to be ##explorersguild

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
##explorersguild

Yahvo bless us.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##explorersguild

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##win with podima
##explorersguild

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I feel like I can safely say that a lot of us have felt... lost at some point in these past days. Weeks. Months. Years and decades. Lost and alone. It's a big world, after all. Endless, even. In the face of that, a single person... can feel very small. Very vulnerable. And that can make us withdraw further, huddling down what is familiar, what is safe. It's a big world, and that's hard to face. And alone, that light inside of us stays very small indeed. That's just part of being human.

But we are all together in being human. And that shared experience is a bond--and bonds have power. Alone, we are small and weak. But together... we chart that starry expanse. We build inventions that make the impossible reality. We trade new ideas between ourselves, share stories and art. We face gods, the inevitable itself, and stab it in the eye! We span Ages, that light within ourselves growing brighter all the time! That is what life is! That is who we are!

I'm proud to be here with all of you. More than I can possibly say. So much time we have spent fighting to create the world we have wanted to see. And now it stands before us, brilliant and beautiful. Here we are.

There is a saying I have heard before--I think it must come from D'ni.

"The future is not yet written."

Let's write a good one. Together.

##ExplorersGuild

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Y'know let's just pretend I made some big fancy epic speech that ended with "Let's do this."

Anyway, let's do this.

##ExplorersGuild

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

I can't believe we're actually at this point. And I'm... I'm here.

##ExplorersGuild

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
##claim

you know. for the ##ExplorersGuild

Fine. I just wanted to touch it before Chell. Happy?

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't
##explorersguild

Conway don't read this

##win with gehn

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I still maintain I should be able to punch Ciel once :colbert:

##ExplorersGuild

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I should say something, a time to make a big speech, or probably just ramble incoherently. When I left my home a year ago, it was to find something greater than what I thought was a shallow life of empty fame. I wanted to be someone, to honour my mother's memory, to be...a hero. At times I succeeded, often I failed, but I always wanted to be someone that others could rely on, that could carry a burden for them, that could be...a leader. But there's a dark side to that too, when things don't go your way, when people don't want to listen...when wanting to be a leader to help turns into wanting respect...to feeling like you're owed something. It left me feeling alone and resentful and desperate and in that desperation I did some really stupid and impulsive things.

But I was lucky, and on the other side of them, I learned that I wasn't ever as alone as I thought I was and that even though I'm loud and obnoxious and stubborn and will fight about literally anything at any time...there are still people who will be there through it all. People I've had to trust with my life more than once. People who have earned that trust a thousand times over. Still, it's hard to let go of that dream, even if it's a lonely one. It's the one I've had my entire life, and what I thought made me who I am, but I think I'd like to be more than that.

I don't want to just help others, I want to trust them to help me. The Lyceum is a great burden, and one no person should be arrogant enough to think they could handle alone. I trust you all to share this burden with you.

##ExplorersGuild

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

chaoslord posted:

I still maintain I should be able to punch Ciel once :colbert:
You can!

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Naela slapped me. It's only fair.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sniper4625 posted:

##explorersguild

Yahvo bless us.

Murmur Twin posted:

##win with podima
##explorersguild

bagshotrow posted:

##explorersguild

Conway don't read this

##win with gehn

Asiina posted:

I feel like I should say something, a time to make a big speech, or probably just ramble incoherently. When I left my home a year ago, it was to find something greater than what I thought was a shallow life of empty fame. I wanted to be someone, to honour my mother's memory, to be...a hero. At times I succeeded, often I failed, but I always wanted to be someone that others could rely on, that could carry a burden for them, that could be...a leader. But there's a dark side to that too, when things don't go your way, when people don't want to listen...when wanting to be a leader to help turns into wanting respect...to feeling like you're owed something. It left me feeling alone and resentful and desperate and in that desperation I did some really stupid and impulsive things.

But I was lucky, and on the other side of them, I learned that I wasn't ever as alone as I thought I was and that even though I'm loud and obnoxious and stubborn and will fight about literally anything at any time...there are still people who will be there through it all. People I've had to trust with my life more than once. People who have earned that trust a thousand times over. Still, it's hard to let go of that dream, even if it's a lonely one. It's the one I've had my entire life, and what I thought made me who I am, but I think I'd like to be more than that.

I don't want to just help others, I want to trust them to help me. The Lyceum is a great burden, and one no person should be arrogant enough to think they could handle alone. I trust you all to share this burden with you.

##ExplorersGuild

It's time to go home, at last - and instead of reviving a past that lies dead and gone, we have the opportunity to build a new future. Together.

Thank you all, for everything.

##ExplorersGuild

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##consent

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Teland posted:

You can!

Oh no, I’ve been successfully reverse psychologied

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Many days has been this journey been, many many! Ever is it winding, often is it sucking. I was meeting some nice people, but some of them died. That part sucked, and I let my quest for revenge kinda blind me to what were being the possibilities of life, of the story of Fate. And OH MY GODS, TIDE & SANDS WILL YOU CLOWNS LET ME HAVE A FREAKING MOMENT TO MYSEL-

oh whatever. as the shirnao say, 'gg no re.'

####ExplorersGuild

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

##Explorers guild

Just... don't do anything stupid.

People that don't even know we exist are counting on us now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Thank you.

##explorersguild