Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
:yoshi: Naela, Daughter of the Sea

So, with this search a bust, I'm left with nowhere to particularly be at any moment. Anyone need a hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Anyway, I would like to discuss my platform for election.

I wish to strip the role of Leader of the Nobles' Guild of all its traditional powers. It should be a more of a figurehead position, or in my case, a friendly mascot.
To clarify, I don't think the position should do nothing, I think all responsibilities and task assigned to regular nobles should still be assigned to them. But in regards to special powers, I think they should only serve a speaker role in committees and trials.

To speak frankly, Alizabeth Blum, our steward has manage to keep the guild running incredibly well in the absence of a leader for some time. Personally I think the steward should remain the most powerful role in the guild.

And I wish to see a complete restructuring of the guild itself, not only two representatives from each age, but a representative from each guild as well. Some may argue that the guild representatives would only serve the interests of Sa, but at this point I feel the guild population is far from monocultural. Again, if elected leader I wouldn't have the authority to just make these changes, but instead I wish my fellow nobles would work together with me on this to serve everyone's best interests.

I don't really have any high ideals to speak of, unlike some of my peers running for election, but I think I have prove time and time again I am not focus on such trifles and instead care about exact policy. For all of Eg's talk of high minded justice, does he have anything to back up his bluster? I think a guild like this should be about writing and enacting policy for the betterment of the people, not showboating.

I leave the showboating to my puppets shows. Vote for me I am cute.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh and to comment on an earlier remark, I know it seems like I am only focused on Dweller issues but that was because I was hoping to get these hassle done way quicker so I would be able to suggest a new policy of direct Age-to-Noble's Guild communication network. I was hoping being able to solve this crisis would be able to buy me and Vermilion capital to suggest a direct line from the Guild to the Senate, and this would serve as a spearhead to do the same across other Age's government bodies.

Our future is controlled by the flow of inflammation, and it is especially vital now that we are under the eye of the you-know-who-jerk-faces

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Where can I donate to the 'elect Azure' campaign?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

Very well said, Ms. Lain!

This one would also like to throw his two chits in the ring, and state that Ms. Azure Lain has been focusing on Channelwood's needs, surely, mostly because Channelwood is the Age that is in the most need of help and assistance.

No one (as of yet, at least) has come to the general Communications channel to say, 'this Age needs our help on X, Y, and Z. Please come and support us!' aside from the people and guilds with public works projects related to Channelwood.

Please, this one would know (since he honestly HAS been too focused on the immediate needs and concerns of the Dwellers), what are the issues currently plaguing the other Chochtic-controlled Ages?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Emi Archer, if you thought the Moiety consisted only of traditionalists you're a dumber fucker than I thought you were

I mean to be fair I did think you had at least average intelligence so y'know

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Just to confirm, is it ok for this one to use the inventors guild reward tomorrow to help coordinate Channelwood happenings? This one will be in the science institute.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Zel, Chell, and anyone else who...who wants to speak with me, I will be at the institute, after all.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Emi Archer, if you thought the Moiety consisted only of traditionalists you're a dumber fucker than I thought you were

I mean to be fair I did think you had at least average intelligence so y'know

What? No, I thought the Rivenese did.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

GeneX posted:

What? No, I thought the Rivenese did.

Then what the gently caress are you whining about?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

Zel, Chell, and anyone else who...who wants to speak with me, I will be at the institute, after all.

Oh good I have a lovely someone I'd like you to meet :h:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Then what the gently caress are you whining about?

Whining is a really interesting way to read anything I’ve said, and by that I mean an inaccurate and patronizing way.

Accurately stating that the traditional ways are bad to force on anyone, because there’s more to life than the hunt, and not everyone wants to be a hunter is just being blunt, not “whining”.

Andra, I appreciate your input, but I’d personally rather not talk about Gehn at all.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

GeneX posted:

To be clear the Sa Science Institute right?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Azurelana posted:

To be clear the Sa Science Institute right?

Oh? Do you plan to join?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

Where can I donate to the 'elect Azure' campaign?

Please I rather just have volunteers getting the word out about my platform. If you feel the need to donate to something, please donate to the rebuild the windmill campaign.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Kashuno posted:

Oh? Do you plan to join?

I do! I think it's important but if it's not it won't harm for me to at least find out.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Azurelana posted:

I do! I think it's important but if it's not it won't harm for me to at least find out.

It'll be good to see you again in a more..peaceful setting

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

GeneX posted:

Accurately stating that the traditional ways are bad to force on anyone, because there’s more to life than the hunt, and not everyone wants to be a hunter is just being blunt, not “whining”.

No-one was loving doing that, you dumbass

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hey Tavish, how's that face healing up?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
To those that need to hear this, even should the very stars die, the fire in our hearts will not.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Asiina posted:

Let me know whatever you decide...

Yeah. I'll be at the institute.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

No-one was loving doing that, you dumbass

My entire loving childhood and upbringing disagree, as I said multiple spirits-damned times in this general thread.

What the hell is your problem?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

Yeah. I'll be at the institute.

Alright Emi, I'll see you tomorrow.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.
If I were to be really thinking about it, scritches behind the ear are best. Scritches from friends are better.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Ugh, well, I got something out of this conversation, but not as much as I'd like.

Len, I think I'm almost certainly heading to the usual location after this to check further on what I learned.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
At trader's guild, hopefully the good issues will be solved.

If Conrad agrees to the trade, I will give him a list of names of people who are allowed to pick the supplies from him, since I don't want to just leave them sitting here. Who can I trust to do this?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh, and Trader's Guild people, I think option 1 is best. In the short term, perhaps not, but there's no guarantee of us even being able to take advantage of option 2 at all, and longterm option 1 just does its thing when we aren't around.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

Hello, everyone - the new day brings promise of great progress for Channelwood!

Ms. Lain: this one is currently at the Windmill of Channelwood... He can make it to the Traders' Guild in order to pick up one set of the "Lookout Supplies" as soon as tomorrow.

Please, do let this one know if you need anything from Channelwood while he is still here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eg Greene

Azure, I don't recall hearing the other candidates express much interest in your proposed debate for tomorrow. Maybe that will change soon, since Kasia and Xavier in particular wanted to wait until today to go over their platforms. But it also sounds as if people still have a lot of business to do elsewhere.

Perhaps we should hold it over the general channel, instead of trying to gather in one physical location?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Emi, did you want me to come to the institute?

I have a shortcut I could take there at some point today.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Speaker Len, of the Shirnao
I will need at least one more day to get to where I need to be, but things are relatively quiet here, which means that I should be able to make it to my destination without any trouble. I’ll let you know how things go once I’ve finished with that.

Also, fellow Inventors, I strongly recommend that we provide some additional training for our interns. They work hard and they deserve to share in our knowledge.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

50 pounds of bread posted:

Emi, did you want me to come to the institute?

I have a shortcut I could take there at some point today.

There's a lot of people and I'm unsure how much we can get done with so many people nearby. If you see Daniels, tell him that he probably should come with me at this point, since I think he'll want to be around for where I'm maybe headed.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bifauxnen posted:

Eg Greene

Azure, I don't recall hearing the other candidates express much interest in your proposed debate for tomorrow. Maybe that will change soon, since Kasia and Xavier in particular wanted to wait until today to go over their platforms. But it also sounds as if people still have a lot of business to do elsewhere.

Perhaps we should hold it over the general channel, instead of trying to gather in one physical location?

That sounds incredibly impersonal. I think a public debate benefits all of us. We can shake each other's hands, and voters will get a chance to actually look into our eyes when we discuss our issues.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also it would be nice to dispel some of these rumors about the guild just being a haven of shadowy schemers.
I think this is suppose to be a public facing organization, after all we are enacting public policy for the people.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

What guild isn’t a haven for schemers?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Snooze Cruise posted:

That sounds incredibly impersonal. I think a public debate benefits all of us. We can shake each other's hands, and voters will get a chance to actually look into our eyes when we discuss our issues.

Eg Greene

I fully agree, but I'm concerned about how many people may be unable to attend.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

As for the state of the Windmill...

It is quite obvious that there has been much violence here quite recently. As a result of all the fighting that took place here, the region around the Windmill is in a state of disrepair. There are dried blood splatters, splashes, and spills all over the place. It will need some thorough cleaning to get those stains out... but that's not the worst of it.

The stairways and walkways leading to the Windmill are damaged in several key places, leaving dangerous gaps that will need to be repaired as soon as possible. Around the Windmill proper, there are fresh cuts and gouges in the wood of the Windmill itself, especially around the loading dock holding the Linking Book to Sa. Wreckage is also strewn everywhere and people have left notes and carvings in the wood meant for others to read. I will share them with you.

Salo left a note for Drilunk saying, "Headed to this Senate place, I guess." This one supposes he can discard this message safely, as it contains old information.

Laslow left a note for Ms. Azure Lain, saying "Was given no supplies. Going to Senate." This one would also discard of this outdated message, except it has been carved into the wood of the windmill.

Please, people, try to respect the other Ages a little bit more, just in general!

Seeing the Windmill in even more disrepair than it ever has been since the great fire destroyed it is really disheartening! That is all.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh hey, Lea:

I think a mutual, recently met friend of ours lied about at least one thing. I'm wary again, though I'm sure it's mutual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

As for the state of the Windmill...

It is quite obvious that there has been much violence here quite recently. As a result of all the fighting that took place here, the region around the Windmill is in a state of disrepair. There are dried blood splatters, splashes, and spills all over the place. It will need some thorough cleaning to get those stains out... but that's not the worst of it.

The stairways and walkways leading to the Windmill are damaged in several key places, leaving dangerous gaps that will need to be repaired as soon as possible. Around the Windmill proper, there are fresh cuts and gouges in the wood of the Windmill itself, especially around the loading dock holding the Linking Book to Sa. Wreckage is also strewn everywhere and people have left notes and carvings in the wood meant for others to read. I will share them with you.

Salo left a note for Drilunk saying, "Headed to this Senate place, I guess." This one supposes he can discard this message safely, as it contains old information.

Laslow left a note for Ms. Azure Lain, saying "Was given no supplies. Going to Senate." This one would also discard of this outdated message, except it has been carved into the wood of the windmill.

Please, people, try to respect the other Ages a little bit more, just in general!

Seeing the Windmill in even more disrepair than it ever has been since the great fire destroyed it is really disheartening! That is all.

Hard to be respectful when you’re attacked while leaving. There are Dwellers who are just as, if not more responsible, for the state of the windmill.