Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Asiina posted:

Why?

When you hear his version of the tale where all his friends are just destined to hate him, and aren't justifiably upset that he says he's lost in faith in them for reasons he won't share, but then takes every opportunity to paint them in a terrible light in public and destroy relationships rather than just...speaking to us about it, which is what we were begging him to do.

I'm sorry for getting involved, last time I saw people turn their backs on friends, my sister and close friend lost their minds and...

We can't be divided, not now, too much is at stake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

It doesn’t seem like it’s just him. He was really happy with your letter the other day. It’s clear, if nothing else, that the two of you are close. I guess it’s a little late now but I want both of you to think on that...

...if that's true, then maybe you can explain why he would not even speak to me today and would only talk to Lea. Because asking him why is what brought all this on.

Snooze Cruise posted:

I can't believe the people who go around acting like theater kids are now at each other's throats like theater kids.

((lmao))

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Kashuno posted:

...I....don’t think that will be needed for that. I’m hurt that I was away for one day and you all have decided we are separate teams. We are supposed to be friends, all of us

Please give me the privilege of doing so.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Uh lets do the parade 2 days from now instead.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

jimmydalad posted:

I don’t know what I’m doing. I may end up going with Lea, but I don’t think she wants me around. I also am not 100% sure how things got this bad but it’s probavly my fault all things considered since everything is my fault and I mean that sincerely.

Not everything is your fault unless you want to take credit for all the good things as well? Like everything was fine when I left, Chell didn’t even bother trying to stop Artemis and I despite her serious reservations on it. I think at least to some degree she’s proven some loyalty to something beyond Gehn.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Snooze Cruise posted:

I can't believe the people who go around acting like theater kids are now at each other's throats like theater kids.

((:hmmyes:))

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jimmydalad posted:

Please give me the privilege of doing so.

I can’t stop you from doing anything, but I just think it’s important to take a little break and remember that you are valuable to everyone in our group. Especially Lea, you two should think on it for a bit. You two were so close. Especially given Lea’s...willingness to listen what I was telling her yesterday.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Not everything is your fault unless you want to take credit for all the good things as well? Like everything was fine when I left, Chell didn’t even bother trying to stop Artemis and I despite her serious reservations on it. I think at least to some degree she’s proven some loyalty to something beyond Gehn.

I think the bridges are already burnt. It’s probably too late.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can’t be somewhere close enough to reach from the docks on Myst, but if you want to come I can meet you in two days.

What happened to the book? Is it secured?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

jimmydalad posted:

I don’t know what I’m doing. I may end up going with Lea, but I don’t think she wants me around. I also am not 100% sure how things got this bad but it’s probavly my fault all things considered since everything is my fault and I mean that sincerely.

It's not hard to accept blame for a problem. The challenge is taking accountability for the solution.

Snooze Cruise posted:

:eng99: (lol'ing)

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

We need to be more careful in sharing the locations of Myst books. The sooner Choani sends her agents for us, the less time we have to do the work here.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I can’t be somewhere close enough to reach from the docks on Myst, but if you want to come I can meet you in two days.

What happened to the book? Is it secured?

You can ask Chell that tomorrow. That’s for her to divulge, if she’s willing.

Murmur Twin posted:

It's not hard to accept blame for a problem. The challenge is taking accountability for the solution.

I’m not sure what accountability means, but it sounds like this one has many things that he needs to be accountable for to the point of being overwhelming. It’s a tiring and scary prospect.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mmm

I will be at Myst West tomorrow. Anyone who wishes to find me it sounds like should follow Chell and hope that is right

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

Someone's found a Linking Book to the Age of Myst?!...

Someone, please inform this one why this discovery is so important.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Someone's found a Linking Book to the Age of Myst?!...

Someone, please inform this one why this discovery is so important.

It’s not there’s nothing here this age is a poo poo hole

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Vermilion have you been checking your noble guild updates...

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Kashuno posted:

It’s not there’s nothing here this age is a poo poo hole

Vermilion Jarlis

Are you... trapped there, for the time being?

Sounds like quite the prickly pear cactus! Do be safe out there, Mr. Anderson and friends.

This one knows that you and he came to a disagreement over the Communicators earlier over the affairs involving your sword's re-acquisition, but that doesn't mean he wishes you or your party ill.

Surely someone can come and retrieve you with a Linking Book to elsewhere!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’ll be at the inventors guild, I guess

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

jimmydalad posted:

I’ll be at the inventors guild, I guess

Same here most likely

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Snooze Cruise posted:

Vermilion have you been checking your noble guild updates...

Vermilion Jarlis

This one certainly has. Not enough Envoy Reports for this one's liking!

Also, this one feels it's a fair question to ask why the Age of Myst is so compelling to visit.

This one thinks he will see you soon, Ms. Lain. There are matters we should discuss - we haven't seen each other since your election to Guild Leader!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
The Choaneen seeks access to the Age of Myst. From the Age of Myst, she wishes to travel other ages, ones with much more valuable intact resources. What her intentions are from there, I do not know. If she gets her hands on a book, though, then we're essentially moving into the endgame, and I don't think any of us are ready for that. The might of the Choaneen is greater than any of us are prepared to face now, let alone once she gets her hands on whatever it is that she's looking for.

So if you would kindly not allow a Myst book to fall into her hands, it would be a very good step for assuring the survival of a great many people, thank you.

Also, yes, I use they/them pronouns thank you.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

The stars are unfolding inch by inch, and the gaping maw of the heavens stares down with its baleful reflection in our own eyes. We must seek the Root or else we are all lost, we have to go to where this all began to find a way to end it.

Stay safe, fires are rising, the sands shift. I prayer to the waters that tomorrow may be a day of more harmony.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

This one certainly has. Not enough Envoy Reports for this one's liking!

Also, this one feels it's a fair question to ask why the Age of Myst is so compelling to visit.

This one thinks he will see you soon, Ms. Lain. There are matters we should discuss - we haven't seen each other since your election to Guild Leader!

I will be at the windmill tommorow if you can make it there.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

Uh lets do the parade 2 days from now instead.

Actually make that 3

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Would be weird for Choani to have completely changed desires

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Would be weird for Choani to have completely changed desires

It was very clear to me from my encounter with Arcadian that access to Myst is incredibly important to her.

And I will let you in on a secret. The expanses embrace has given me a much greater ability to discern truth from fiction than most.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Zel, I think you’re better off without me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jimmydalad posted:

Zel, I think you’re better off without me.

Wrong

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I believe in this case, you are wrong. Goodbye and best of luck in Myst.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.
Oh no! I believe they have found me. However, I am very sneaky, and I have found the book. At least, I am pretty sure it is the book. It might be another book. It smells like another book. But life is full of adventure.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Larcenist Brodsky

Hi! You sent a literal goon squad after me? Cool!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If anyone out there sees Orchid can you please tell me if he’s okay?? I’m worried about him

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Normally I’m much more personal, but this is beginning to get a bit drawn out you see.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Conway of Clan Gavo

Sorry to run off like that, Naela, I had to check on something. Didn't amount to anything in the end, though. If there's anywhere you want to meet up, I'd be glad to.

And stop trying to get the map piece from Brodsky, Zanzian.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kasia

Indroj - how are you? I believe we need to meet soon.

I might have information you're interested in.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Did...did someone find her?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Conway of Clan Gavo

It is good to hear from you, Kasia! I was starting to worry. Did things go well? Are you back on Sa?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kasia

Things went well, yes - I am not back on Sa yet but will be tomorrow.

I don't have it in hand but I believe I know its new, more current location. It having been moved is a frustration, but it may be safer there anyways, so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Len,

Zel, look behind you.