Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Interest post will do this after work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Coming up five adjectives was the hardest part so I just wrote whatever. Do not expect me to remember what I wrote for that part.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Also I did the chibi thing.

Red for Moiety Rebels, obv.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Confirming my existence.

peramene posted:

Rhjamiz - Rabo of Clan Nenio - Varbani

:v:

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 24, 2019

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

"Modernization" sure is a funny euphemism for eradicating a culture.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GeneX posted:

That sure is a thing that didn't actually end up happening.

Ah, right. He tried and failed so it doesn't count.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GeneX posted:

No, Rabo, it doesn't count because I'm talking about the thousands of Rive'ni who don't fit into your parochial view of fundamentalist hunt importance, not Gehn himself.

People not being forced to spend their lives in a jungle and instead having the choice to do literally anything else without being exiled is what I would consider modernization, yes.

You were Nenio, yourself. I have no idea if you still use the term, but it's important, because:

That is exile. Wildlanders having to leave society for not fitting into the rigid traditional molds is awful. Maybe you aren't a fan of industrialization on any larger scale, which, fine, but you're lying to yourself if you cannot see the narrow bands of Riven's traditions for what they are to those who don't fit in.

I'm well aware of what I am, thank you very much. Forgive us simple, primitive savages if we object to being used for experimentation, concentrated to a single island while he galavants about the other four, taught only a foreign, alien culture in mandatory schools so that a man who believed himself a god might escape our world and leave us to die.

I don't particularly care what any outsider has to say on the worth of our traditions. But you're a fool if you think Gehn didn't want to eradicate them in favor of D'ni culture.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

bagshotrow posted:

Emi, I have just had a long conversation with some others who are here in Everdunes about this very topic - that is, that the varbani way of life was rigid and constraining, especially for those whose talents did not lend to the hunt.

Gehn has never been a warm or approachable person, but if we had not accepted him--if our parents hadn't--we would not have the guilds, we would not have had steam power, we would definitely not be traveling to other worlds. If you're here, it's because of him and those who have worked with him.

And all it took was a cruel, tyrannical regime where dissent was punishable by death; truly, he was a visionary. Riven and her people may have died in the process, but the glory of Gehn would have lived on if only it weren't for those darn malcontents who didn't want to be fed to a fish or thrown into the Star Fissure for the crime of doubting his divine power.

Progress at any price, I'm told they say.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

If there's one thing I value in my leaders as a resistance fighter, it's a detached objectivity and not, you know, a righteous anger and the will to get the job done.

Or die trying.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

hey Mercs uh...the situation changed. Whew

How so?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Option 1...it seems like Harsha way able to pay some more money for a more attractive option there.

I wasn't privy to all these options so you're going to have to explain it.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Check the doc

Oh, THOSE options. Gotcha.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Aosa of Clan Anca

I have expressed my views in private, but to repeat them here:

Gehn can’t be trusted. Those who align themselves with Gehn can’t be trusted. This is a terrible idea. If our Guild Leader wishes to remain hidden, we should respect her wishes.

As ever, this is the correct position. Gehn cannot and must not be trusted or dealt with.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

My primary concern is that someone - be it my sister or someone else she's with - is using the Communicators to manipulate us into doing their bidding. Which, ironically, is what brought me to Gehn in the first place.

I understand why people don't trust me, but I promise that I wouldn't be asking permission over general communications if I was planning anything duplicitous. If... uh, people :ohdearsass: want to discuss this with me, and are willing to adhere to a truce, I'm willing to do so face to face.

If the will of the Inventor's Guild is that I never go near it, I understand.

You are already a traitor after you betrayed the trust of the Moeity, stole key materials and ran off to Gehn.

Let no one be fooled by this nonsense. Her word is worth nothing.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Asiina posted:

Rabo, we know how you feel. Maybe it should be up to the guild members to decide.

Clearly I need to make myself heard more often if you've been convincing those here to work with Gehn.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Asiina posted:

She was never part of the Moiety.

You, once again, are speaking of things that you don't know anything about.

I was there, coward. Just because she wasn't a rebel does not absolve her. She attacked one of ours and stole the materials after making the appearance of working with us to save Riven and stop Gehn.

We trusted her with our plans and access and she betrayed that trust.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

I feel like I remembered someone giving his word he'd humbly accept justice for the twelve murdered civilians he exploded, so seeing him judge anyone else's word is rich.

Agents of a despot are not innocent civilians.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Asiina posted:

She only took things that were in her possession to begin with or I gave to her.

She stole nothing.

I was there too.

They were given for safekeeping, not for the delivery to a tyrant. But then, why am I arguing with you? You are a shell of Chell Henderson, and by far the biggest traitor of all.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Asiina posted:

Well, I think that's all that needs to be said about Rabo's position and how much his word should be trusted.

He'd willingly kill half of this own people before they weren't actively fighting in the rebellion.

You can trust me to tell you where I stand, that's true enough. Which is more than can be said for scum like you.

If I were to say anything good about Kerath, it would be that even he is not a backstabber.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

And of course I'd kill any collaborators. They were the enemy. We were fighting a war for survival, or did Gehn convince you otherwise?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

Rabo, Friend, I understand your distaste for Gehn. Trust me.

He has actively said he has no desire to return to Riven, Riven is whole once more despite his attempts to destroy it.

Shouldn't we be focused on freeing Riven from its current occupiers instead?

I am. In addition to the need to bring him to justice, Gehn also has information we need to deal with the Chocs. He must be put to the question.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I know where he is. But I doubt he'll want to answer my questions and I don't feel like giving him a choice in the matter.

Unless you two want to help me force the issue, I have to find my answers elsewhere.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, what are the questions. I'll see if I can manage to get them answered.

Ask him where Atrus is. If he can tell us that much, he'll have at least some use.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Meinberg posted:

Speaker Len, of the Shirnao

The Choaneen holds Atrus and Katran’s daughter hostage.

They hold Atrus AND his daughter or just his daughter?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Because holding Atrus hostage would make no sense.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

curiousCat posted:

For what it's worth, she said she didn't have Atrus.

Then in the end, Gehn must still be interrogated.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

curiousCat posted:

Choani told me where she believes Atrus to be, and I see no reason to doubt her statement.

Where? And if not that, where can I meet you?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Asiina posted:

Eg....have you spoken to him yourself?

I do honestly wonder if that would help your impression.
I'm sure that would make an enlightening conversation.

"Actually you see, all the cruelty and oppression and erasure of their culture was both good and reasonable."

I'm sure Chell can tell you what it's like to have a conversation alone with him.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

50 pounds of bread posted:

If you are sating Gehn is working for Choani now, I will put an arrow through his skull when I see him.

He's been working with her from the beginning.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Interesting theory, got any proof?

Ask Atrus.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

KhediveRex posted:

Also, Rabo, what are you doing currently? You've fallen off the radar.
Taking care of personal business. Why?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

KhediveRex posted:

The revolution, man. The revolution.

I guess I'd like to talk with you about it.

Got a place in mind?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Poque posted:

So much for your tears over your stolen sword, then.

Are you not a Trader?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Who could have imagined that a wronged people might desire justice...

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

busb posted:

*Shrug* i was just headed to the beach when I got blamed for some random crap. Maybe the crazy witches snorted too much 'shroomdust

Pitzae, we need to speak. Where will you be?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Ah, that exchange between you two makes much more sense now. My apologies, and my thanks to you for clarifying.

This one retracts his earlier question, then, Salo of Clan Povo. The question has changed:

You are actively allowing your Guild to turn into a den of thieves. What do you say to this accusation? How do you justify the actions of Zel Anderson, Zanzian Miller, and the envoy that was sent to steal from Ms. Brodsky?

What is it you imagine mercenaries do, exactly?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

busb posted:

The lookout, delivering supplies.
I'll be returning to the guild in a couple of days, it's not a quick trip.
I suppose an inventor will need to get there eventually too to use them.

You've got a source on something I need. Let me know when you'll be back at the guild and I'll meet you there.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Sounds like this Conrad guy needs to take a long walk off a short cliff.

Who's next in line for control again?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Because from over here, this Conrad guy is the source of every issue y'all have been having getting poo poo done.

You're all Traders and I'm a Merc. Let's make a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

If it explodes and kills you or injects poison and you die, let us know.