Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:firstpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

What is the player cap?

Low enough to manage, high enough for a respectable mix of new players and returning players!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

how much effort is needed for the pera game

Probably more than 15 minutes a day.

Real talk - with the player cap this year (which is not fun to implement BUT absolutely necessary so that the storytellers don't completely flame out) managing signups is gonna be tough, so we are hoping that people will self select out if this game is not the right fit for them.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

good god

Maybe through this LP I'll learn the actual plot of Myst??

it's "atrus sucks as a parent and son"

hth

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

wow what the heck

Old Maid You Look posted:

During the intervening month before Everdunes begins proper, I will be running a fairly standard open setup mafia game for 13 players called “Campfire Mafia.”

:siren: Please only sign up for this game if you are going to be playing in Everdunes, and only if you intend to see the game through to the end. :siren:

peramene posted:

Character Creation:
New characters can be from one of the following four Ages: Channelwood, Riven, Sa, Whiterock. More information on each can be found in the Character Creation Questionnaire, which you must fill out as a first step to sign up for this game, if interested.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

is this thing full

You should sign up if you want to play!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Signups will be closing this Friday (22-MAR). From there, the following two weeks will be spent on character and game prep work, with Everdunes starting proper on April 8th.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

George Kansas posted:

When will we know who makes it past the cap? This weekend or later?

We should be able to get that info out this weekend - or we will let you know if that changes for some reason!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Toal, I was rebuffed at becoming you. I am sorry that I failed you but will roleplay as you in your honor.

Don't do this. Please only sign up if you want to play the game on your own merits.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Minor clarification that is relevant to the usage of #general:

Everyone received new Sa communicators from their guilds during the guild meeting that kicked off this game, which is what unlocked this #general channel for use. This was inadvertently omitted from the opening narration, apologies!

((You are encouraged to not think too hard about the communicators - as in previous peraMyst games, they are largely a narrative nod to allow for communication to work the way it does.))

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
9462.6.18 begins.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

Man reading this out of context is interesting.

Don't post OOC in here as a non-player, please.

Edit: I see this was a honest mistake, all good!

Podima fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 13, 2019

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Conrad Schwartz

Ah-CHOO! I hate these things. Traders, listen up - Azure asked me to chime in and confirm the deal with the blues is legit. Congrats, it is - once someone gets their butt over to the Senate to finalize things and once the proper water purification infrastructure's in place at the Oasis. Once both of those things are done, the wheels of commerce can start turning and all that good stuff.

'kay, that's it. Putting this thing away again. Later.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Deadline.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:ovr::ovr::ovr::ovr::ovr:
pre:
Communicator protocol upgrade initiated.

Downloading initial installer... 0%

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:

Downloading initial installer... 0%... 25%... 50%... 75%... 100%. Complete.

Installing on units in immediate proximity... 0%

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:

Installing on units in immediate proximity... 0%... 33%... 66%... 99%... 100%. Complete.

Performing post-installation validation... 0%

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:

Installing on units in immediate proximity... 0%... 33%... 66%... 99%... 100%. Complete.

Performing post-installation validation... 0%... 20%... 40%... 60%... 80%... 100%. Complete.

Propagating through linked network... 0%

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:

Performing post-installation validation... 0%... 20%... 40%... 60%... 80%... 100%. Complete.

Propagating through linked network... 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 40%... 50%...

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:

Propagating through linked network... 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 40%... 50%...60%... 70%... 80%... 90%... 100%. Complete.

Communicator protocol upgrade complete.

Patch Notes:Tunafork enabled. ♫

Have a nice day.

The following music plays briefly over the general channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMKWJ5e1kg

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Two young girls' voices can be heard over the communicator.

Ella, what are you doing? That's *sniffle* that's Mommy's, don't play with that.

Casey, where's Mommy? Why won't they let me see Mommy?

Mommy's... Mommy's real busy with work right now, Ella. She'll - she'll be back soon, I promise.

*crying* I wanna see Mommy!

...Ella, don't cry. Just, just gimme that and I'll read you a bedtime story. *sniffle* I-it'll be okay.

-click-

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Deadline.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The day has ended. No more posting.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Day is now open.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tolly Totes posted:

Got my hand on the freedom plough
It's all for nothing if we fail now
Keep your eyes on the prize, hold on

Freedom's name is mighty sweet
Some day soon we're gonna meet

The road is tough and the road is long
If we walk together we can walk it strong

The only thing that we've done right
Was the day we began to fight

Tolly Totes has been modkilled for editing her his their post.

This was a very funny joke/cool bit of flavor, but sadly Yeka does not have access to general chat.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
For those preparing to join the Rivenin Rebellion or considering doing so, we highly recommend giving the rules a look-see:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nV3sdML3ZRg1f17JH5U558MfBXvjCdLXtAaQOiM501g/edit

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The game day is now open.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No more posting, day has ended. Thanks!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The day has ended. No more posting.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Day end! No more posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sniper4625 posted:

##explorersguild

Yahvo bless us.

Murmur Twin posted:

##win with podima
##explorersguild

bagshotrow posted:

##explorersguild

Conway don't read this

##win with gehn

Asiina posted:

I feel like I should say something, a time to make a big speech, or probably just ramble incoherently. When I left my home a year ago, it was to find something greater than what I thought was a shallow life of empty fame. I wanted to be someone, to honour my mother's memory, to be...a hero. At times I succeeded, often I failed, but I always wanted to be someone that others could rely on, that could carry a burden for them, that could be...a leader. But there's a dark side to that too, when things don't go your way, when people don't want to listen...when wanting to be a leader to help turns into wanting respect...to feeling like you're owed something. It left me feeling alone and resentful and desperate and in that desperation I did some really stupid and impulsive things.

But I was lucky, and on the other side of them, I learned that I wasn't ever as alone as I thought I was and that even though I'm loud and obnoxious and stubborn and will fight about literally anything at any time...there are still people who will be there through it all. People I've had to trust with my life more than once. People who have earned that trust a thousand times over. Still, it's hard to let go of that dream, even if it's a lonely one. It's the one I've had my entire life, and what I thought made me who I am, but I think I'd like to be more than that.

I don't want to just help others, I want to trust them to help me. The Lyceum is a great burden, and one no person should be arrogant enough to think they could handle alone. I trust you all to share this burden with you.

##ExplorersGuild

It's time to go home, at last - and instead of reviving a past that lies dead and gone, we have the opportunity to build a new future. Together.

Thank you all, for everything.

##ExplorersGuild