Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I'm here. I'm ready. I'm scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Are we still alive? Are we being forced to watch an opera performance?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Let it come.
Let it be.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

...Rebuild the Windmill fund....

What is the Windmill?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

50 pounds of bread posted:

Katran, where is Katran?

I need to find Katran.

Indroj, is that you!?

You're alive!! Haha!!!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

Hello again, Indroj! Settling in well since our little, ah, adventure?

... How did you know my brother?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Poque posted:

Scholar Xavier

Komp-Nikints of Clan Ivo, are you on this frequency?

Yes.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Oriisto? Are you there?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Lea... It's good to hear from you again. And I hope to see you soon.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Oriisto!

Brother, can you hear me??

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Does anyone remember what was on 234?

Danger?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

At this point I wonder if Katran was aware of something that we'd doubt immediately if she said as such to anyone.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

curiousCat posted:

I think I've asked you to believe quite a lot, myself.

I had nearly forgotten, though truth be told, there hasn't been a lot to process, and it hadn't occurred that they'd have more metaphysical consequences besides the Art's danger and whether or not our lives are real with its existence made fact. I'll say no more here. My head hurts, but whatever's wrong will need to be found out.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

Seeker Kasia

My word but you're all downers....

It should be noted, Seeker Kaisa, that it has only been just over two weeks since we all arrived here, and I must inform you that we left Riven with questions, and matters that were neither answered nor resolved. Compound that with news of our homeland, and I can safely tell you that all of us here are still coping in one way or another.

((edit approved by peramene))

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 11, 2019

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I need to fix what the D'ni broke. Their understanding was incomplete, I need to find out where it went wrong so no other stars have to rot.

Wait... Brother... Would you be suggesting that worlds linked through the Art pick up instability on their own? That they'd suffer what Riven had almost suffered?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Where would I need to start if I wanted to investigate links without Books?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Where are you now Komp?

I'm in the Common District. If your path takes you there, or if someone you trust goes there, that's where you'll find me.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Emi. Chell. Artemis. How are you all holding up?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

jimmydalad posted:

This one is unsure about whether this is the best place to ask this, but this one would like to know if there are any updates from the other inventors with regards to the Gizmonic Innoventions? This one recalls some members of the group going to investigate, but is having difficulty remembering who they were. Can guild family enlighten this one as to the progress of such?

I can answer that. Progress is slow but steady. If we're lucky we'll can finish our task today.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I'll answer this.

Laslow Shaw has the supplies. He thought that it was a good idea to have them on him in case someone else came along and took them. I had hoped that he would say this himself and head this off.

Though thinking about this, it's not a bad idea.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

We've both lost family back home and we're both trying to cope, however we can. What had happened to us and ours was tragic. I only hope this doesn't repeat again.

If you prefer I talk about it, bring it to the open, I'm fine with it.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh wow, been making a meal of heavy conceptual ideals have you? I would recommend dining on self-contemplation, but it would probably be too bitter for you.

Indroj, Lain, please go back to your corners. Neither of you are enemies.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

You want their schism to end Indroj?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

You want their schism to end Indroj?

With them as equals?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

We are all equal in the expanse brother, it's the only way.

Now that I can get behind. Though I believe this to be an ongoing process. For now though that process appears to begin with Channelwood and their Dwellers.

Ancestors watch over you Indroj.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Scholar Xavier. Is there hope?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Poque posted:

... Only if we make it.

Ancestors watch over you Scholat Xavier.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Is it safe to talk about what's happened in public?

It's looking like everyone needs to be on alert.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Azurelana posted:

Laslow Shaw

I didn't see anything happen where I am that would cause such a response? Are you safe and well?

Additionally, my idea worked!

I'm fine, but my nerves are on edge.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Where's the Book, Indroj? How do you know this?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Speaking of being off age Sena, may I ask what your business was on Tay yesterday. This is quite an important star to me.

While you're at it, what's Tay's Status? If Riven is still fighting, what's Tay looking like?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

A message to Laslow Shaw

Do we still need to converge at Channelwood? There's a commitment on Tay that I want to fulfill.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

If anybody isn't committed to any other world, would anyone not fulfilling Guild matters situating yourselves at the Fountain?

To any Varbani listening in, I have a feeling Black Decay is going to hit Sa soon, and I'd like some people standing by just in case.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

Eg Greene

What is going to hit Sa soon?

Black Decay.

It hit Riven about a month ago and would've destroyed our home had we not acted. I believe that we may be expecting Black Decay soon. It'll manifest as some kind of dark shroud over a certain area, and it will make certain parts of your world turn dangerous. It can be prevented, but it will require a lot of people. Unfortunately, I cannot point to where Black Decay will appear. But having people in a location where we can reach every other part of Sa will give us a quick response.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I can't shake this feeling that something is going to break soon.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

GeneX posted:

...also, decay on Sa? That seems...unlikely, given the circumstances. Komp, while I agree that the calm is making me nervous, it's very possible that we're just...just a bit on edge, after the last 2 months. Do you have specific reason to expect decay here?

My reason is that I remember Gehn having a hand in writing the Descriptive Book for Sa. The Book itself discarded unless Atrus in his haste to come to Riven long ago had said Book with him and also amended it before we all left.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

sniper4625 posted:

Kerath of D'ni

Out of curiosity, where did you hear this? It is news to me.

This was talked about back on Riven. Several people had tried to establish a timeline for what happened long ago in some hope there would be some clue to what's happening now. I recall someone saying Gehn had written over the Descriptive Book for Sa due to problems inherent in the writing.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

A question to all: what is the likelihood that our man left with Sa's descriptive book?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

curiousCat posted:

Why didn't you hit the switch yesterday?

I had thought I could find the place where Communications was damaged. Unfortunately I couldn't find it in Sa. Ran all over this world and had nothing to show for it. Met Indroj at the fountain.

I'm sorry for this fuckup Artemis. And I'm sorry to say that I need to travel with my brother for a while.

I had believed us to be still committed and... truth be told I've had thoughts that made me forget.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Quick question to all: Where was the windmill in Channelwood? Is it in neutral territory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Quick question: is any guild investigating the other man mentioned in the notice?