Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
I rush to coal power and then deal with power fluctuations until I get a battery or two up.

Now I can focus on building my base proper so I can explore and determine what to do next.

Get away from biomass - it’s fun at first but really holds you back.

Plus I like exploring - doing whatever- and my factory chugs along making basic parts so it’s easy to get to next tech tree.

I meant to make a bunch of satellite factories but I’m afraid I’m making a giant map spanning spaghetti monster. Love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

I always thought the idea the game was conveying is ‘lol corporate interests don’t care about environment!’

There’s lots of little subtle jokes throughout the entire game.

So of course FICIT wouldn’t have that tech or approve of it.

My very first play through I was all ‘this is such a nice planet I want to be eco friendly unlike factorio.’

But when I couldn’t automate eco friendly means of power I got the large hint ‘homie don’t play that way’ vibe from the game.

I can respect that.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Some tips for power.

I discovered you can build coal power plants underwater so as to avoid needing pumps.

And once you get batteries - you can seriously mitigate power outages in the early mid game. Giving you time to explore-build up.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

They have to peek above sadly. Though I'll see if it works further out in the ocean abyss.

This image is up in the valley in the North near the Dune Desert.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 27, 2021

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

After playing and restarting and taking breaks between updates - I have finally reached Tiers 7 and 8.

I’m now not sure where to go from here?

Started in Dune Desert.

I have mostly coal power coming from two sources with some fuel generators added in and tons of batteries.

I have two ‘factory bases’ and lots of small ‘on-site’ resource processing before being sent to one of my factories.

I do not have any trucks, trains, drones. Everything is on long rear end conveyor belts.

Should I explore more of the map? Should I build trains? What’s the next step in power - nuclear?

I don’t mind slow and steady as long as I’m productive with a plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

I’m a ‘long belter’

If I cover them up with foundations - will that increase performance since the game can’t ‘see’ what’s on the belt?

I’ve been noticing some slowdown and I’m worried it’s my many many long belts :(