Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Magus42 posted:

I would pay more to have the game on Steam. Instead I have to wait a year :(

I'm not familiar with the exact wording of the exclusivity contracts, but it's quite possible that the contract states exclusive one year from release which they've stated will be at least 1 year from early access starting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Mr. Powers posted:

The contractual exclusivity will end whenever, but that doesn't mean they will bring it to Steam. They were granted funding in exchange for the exclusivity, but they also get the larger share of sales. They have been explicitly non-committal about it returning to Steam after the exclusive period.

Totally. They're on UE4 so the difference is even larger. Getting to keep 88% of your sale price instead of 65% is huge.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
They answered most of the major early access questions here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0S19_caQuw

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Ambaire posted:

I would love blueprints just so I could make an optimum 8-smelter mk3 belt array and just stamp them down. As it is right now, I need 8+16+32 ish clicks for each, plus ctrl-placement. 8 for the smelters, 14-16 merge/splitters, 30-32ish belts. plus power poles.. 2 caterium poles, 9+1 wires. so 70 clicks ish.

Some form of blueprint and automated placement system is a big missing feature. Every time I look at tearing down my base to build it better I just decide I can't be bothered.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Sipher posted:

This is a good point. Maybe the game just needs a more heavy handed example that exploring is a core part of the gameplay loop. Transitioning from Factorio to this game can be a little jarring, though I really enjoy both games for their own reasons,

I find myself exploring a bunch more while waiting for the second space elevator upgrade to finish filling up, since now that I've got coal power up and running I don't have to worry about my factory running out of fuel and shutting down while I'm away.