Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

I *think* the heads on the elites have more armor or something, as I’m pretty sure I dropped a blue fire breather in under 5 rounds because it was all profile body shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

When you’re nearby the vehicle it drives between each arrow, but when you’re far away from it, it actually just teleports to each arrow so it usually only messes up and gets screwed up near your base (where you is!)

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

The videos you’re watching are of an earlier version of the game. They’ve moved around where and when certain things are unlocked.
(Stairs suck)

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

Cojawfee posted:

But then you can't put the pillars between floors, because the pillars want to be at the same height as the foundations.

I don't think I understand your complaint here... I can put a pillar bottom on top of a foundation just fine, and if I'm underneath a foundation I can put a pillar top under it no problem. The pillars themselves will allow themselves to be shorter than their normal length in order to fit between pillar tops and bottoms, you just have to already have the bottom and top in place.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

With update 3 came the introduction to byproducts and that necessitated a way to dispose of things, hence the awesomesink. I anticipate they have plans for some sort of super-advanced splitter, I'd probably call it a sorter-splitter or something, to come in future updates, but they didn't want to release it yet. Maybe it's tied to the next level of spelevator tiers.
That follows their normal pattern of "have a problem for a while, fix it with automation, that makes new problems that you deal with for a while, then you unlock fixes for it with further automation, that gives new problems you have to deal with for a while... etc etc."

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

Increased fuel burn rate with overclocking power generators means you have to up the fuel providers (coal miners, water pumps, etc) by either overclocking them or using more of them, which therefore increases their power consumption exponentially... etc, etc.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

I just drop one of the items in front of the container.

Not everyone knows you can drop items though.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

Yeah when talking about the scarcity of certain resources they’re talking about the limited throughput. If you tie up all however-many oil nodes into making plastic, you’ll “run out” of oil when you want to make rubber too.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

Refineries are expensive for just being a packing plant: High build cost, high energy usage, high physical footprint.
I wonder if they'll do an unpacking plant, or if this thing goes both ways (nice) even though it's called a Pak-it.

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Jump pads will now show where you'll land

More importantly: you can adjust WHERE they’ll land, and now can be triggered manually instead of just when you touch it with your feet

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

Also the poisonous gas “standing” flowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

I mean... isn’t that how EVERYTHING works in this type of game?