Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
I think you can find a more effective way to convey the emotion of sadness at the sense of waste than just "It's sad to see such awful waste." Maybe you could use that line to give a vivid description of what the waste is, to perhaps indirectly impart in the reader a sense of sadness, such that they arrive at the conclusion of sadness on their own? Also, I'm not sure that you need to tell us that it "appears" to happen with hurried haste. It might be stronger, punchier to trim that and just say something like "That happens with such hurried haste".

Forgive me if you weren't seeking advice our constructive criticism. The poetry thread is locked, so I suspected that that might be what you were looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU