Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Everyone who gets extremely over for a couple weeks should get a run in order to run with the run and capitalize on the run. super-pumped energetic spontaneity that really juices up the pigs on weekly programming like that is absolutely key to the experience. Even that time ryback got very popular for 3 weeks, he should have won the title belt off of CM punk, and he died after losing that match. the only way to make a star quickly is to run their run straight to the moon. otherwise they have to do it like kofi kingston or chris benoit where everyone feels bad for them after a long time and there is a 50% chance that they will do very bad things later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Angry Grimace posted:

I don’t get why people think Braun should have gotten a run. If Samoa Joe didn’t get a run despite being better at everything why would Braun. Braun’s a total one note gimmick.

Did anyone think Joe shouldn't have gotten the title?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Joe should have gotten the title that time he came out with a cool promo about everyone just like The Rock would do. does anyone remember when the rock would just keep on saying, "and another thing, let the rock tell you this, let the rock tell ya, let the rock tell you this" while thinking of something to say and it wasn't even that good once he came up with something. that happened a whole lot. It is like a ghost's dirty diaper in history. no one brings those days up

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hot take incoming: if HHH vs Batista is gonna be a 7-minute sprint like Goldberg/Brock was a couple of years ago it'll be awesome. But it won't, so it won't.

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 12, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Justin_Brett posted:

Did anyone think Joe shouldn't have gotten the title?

I do, because I love Samoa Joe.

I am also gonna be mad if we don't get Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania, because Bryan Alvarez mentioned it as a possibility and I decided that WWE has explicitly promised it to me now.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Alexa being too injured to work makes me worry about Kacy.

Don't worry, she's just hosting wrestlemania because her pig is sick that weekend

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1105332621205168129?s=21

Okay what the gently caress is with this picture of HHH

I assume that’s his “you’re making GBS threads me” face just a second or two after Kenshiro informed him that he was already dead

(Trips got better because contracts with Satan > Hokuto Shin-Ken)

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

jesus WEP posted:

hot take incoming: if HHH vs Batista is gonna be a 7-minute sprint like Goldberg/Brock was a couple of years ago it'll be awesome. But it won't, so it won't.

That might possibly work. They sure as poo poo won't do that. Also, Batista should win because gently caress HHH.

Jerusalem posted:

I do, because I love Samoa Joe.

I am also gonna be mad if we don't get Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania, because Bryan Alvarez mentioned it as a possibility and I decided that WWE has explicitly promised it to me now.

If we get Cena vs. Joe 20 years in the making, will that be acceptable? It's such a slam dunk, can even WWE miss it?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Triple H/Batista is going to be the longest match on the show. :negative:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bradzilla posted:

good, I can take a nap to prepare for the remaining 12 hours of mania then

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Oh yeah, we're totally getting your typical HHH EPIC MATCH here. Complete with sledgehammer since it's no holds barred.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What kind of dorky epic entrance will Triple H do? I'm gonna guess something Game of Thrones related.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

bradzilla posted:

What kind of dorky epic entrance will Triple H do? I'm gonna guess something Game of Thrones related.

Too current with the last season starting soonish.

I just remembered what a tryhard nickname "the creator and the destroyer" is. He builds talent and buries them in turn.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

She's been wrestling at house shows

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Wazzu posted:

I just remembered what a tryhard nickname "the creator and the destroyer" is. He builds talent and buries them in turn.

Lol remember when Triple H was the Terminator? Can you imagine a Sledgehammer Throne?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wazzu posted:

It also literally forgets the angle that introduced itself. The whole point is that you were meant to THINK Hunter is the destroyer, but it was actually Samoa Joe the whole time.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dango Bango posted:

Oh yeah, we're totally getting your typical HHH EPIC MATCH here. Complete with sledgehammer since it's no holds barred.

Or it's going to be an overbooked mess a la the Shield vs Kane/NAO match. A thousand interferences on Triple H's behalf for Batista to fight off, only for Batista to snap his fingers to summon the mighty Chrises Evans, Pratt and Hemsworth.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Shield/NAO was like 3 minutes and ended with them giving Kane the powerbomb without ever leaving the ring (I don't think Roman even did the drive-by dropkick). Are you thinking of HHH/Sting, maybe?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She denied she's injured and has done some house show matches.

I think they just have nothing for her right now.

Who's the tallest NXT lady? Once this Nia/Tamina Beth/Nattie stuff is done it's time for some Master Blaster in the Women's tag division.

Angry Grimace posted:

I don’t get why people think Braun should have gotten a run. If Samoa Joe didn’t get a run despite being better at everything why would Braun. Braun’s a total one note gimmick.

He's not fat.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Shield/NAO was like 3 minutes and ended with them giving Kane the powerbomb without ever leaving the ring (I don't think Roman even did the drive-by dropkick). Are you thinking of HHH/Sting, maybe?

Probably, though I'm more likely conflating the two. I think Batista needs to be as dominant in that match as the Shield were in theirs, and that one of the few ways to salvage the match is to throw as much poo poo out there as possible. Guest celebrities, Attitude Era guys, the works.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Who's the tallest NXT lady? Once this Nia/Tamina Beth/Nattie stuff is done it's time for some Master Blaster in the Women's tag division.

Rhea Rhipley? The most imposing for sure anyways.

Edit: Jessamyn Duke is pretty tall too but is nowhere near ready.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

https://twitter.com/metatronja/status/983198794866184192

That was in early-April 2018 (his match with Reigns was the second-longest of Mania 32 btw).

His matches later that year:
against Cena at the Greatest Rumble in Saudi - longest match of the night that wasn't the Rumble
against Taker at Super Show-Down - longest match of the night
against Taker and Kane at Crown Jewel in Saudi - longest match of the night

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is that including entrances? Because no way was Angle/Rousey vs Hunter/Steph 35 minutes. It was like 20, and that's half of why it was the best match he's had in years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Is that including entrances? Because no way was Angle/Rousey vs Hunter/Steph 35 minutes. It was like 20, and that's half of why it was the best match he's had in years.

From bell to bell it was 20:40. Styles/Nak was 20:20, nothing else got 16+ minutes

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/metatronja/status/983198794866184192

That was in early-April 2018 (his match with Reigns was the second-longest of Mania 32 btw).

His matches later that year:
against Cena at the Greatest Rumble in Saudi - longest match of the night that wasn't the Rumble
against Taker at Super Show-Down - longest match of the night
against Taker and Kane at Crown Jewel in Saudi - longest match of the night

And his match against Roman at 32 was only 3 minutes shy of beating Taker/Shane.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

From bell to bell it was 20:40. Styles/Nak was 20:20, nothing else got 16+ minutes

Ah, misread the tweet. I thought the numbers were the length! :v:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

She isn't injured. WWE considers it a big spot which it is.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Probably means she's going to be involved in the main event too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

saltylopez posted:

Rhea Rhipley? The most imposing for sure anyways.

Edit: Jessamyn Duke is pretty tall too but is nowhere near ready.

Reina González is taller than both.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Host of Mania is a good spot for a popular charismatic wrestler who sucks in the ring

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Ahhhhh, that makes her push make sense.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

rovert posted:

She's also a better worker imo. I've been a nut for Reina since I saw her on that one NXT episode

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Host of Mania is a good spot for a popular charismatic wrestler who sucks in the ring

Yeah but Shinsuke is probably doing something with New Day and the new League of Nations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but Shinsuke is probably doing something with New Day and the new League of Nations.
nice try but Shinsuke isn’t popular, dumbass

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Your Parents posted:

She's also a better worker imo. I've been a nut for Reina since I saw her on that one NXT episode

Saying Reina is better than Rhea Ripley is legitimately insane.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I haven't seen enough of Rhea to say, my exposure was basically her looking like a badass and then having her gimmick destroyed by losing repeatedly to Toni storm, where I've only seen one Reina match and she looked incredible

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Aleister Black is a cool character who does cool things and also gets in twitter fights with the women’s division. I guess everyone is Becky now.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 12, 2019

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

rovert posted:

She isn't injured. WWE considers it a big spot which it is.

Alexa is great as long as she isn’t constantly hogging the title I don’t know what everyone’s problem is with it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

Alexa is great as long as she isn’t constantly hogging the title I don’t know what everyone’s problem is with it.

DoctorGonzo trauma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Prediction: Angle's retirement match is gonna be against John Cena