Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Apocron
Dec 5, 2005


Chapter 1: Dragon Time Paradox

Location: Soho, The Bad Haircut







David Lawson, The Veteran

The bar has the usual clump of tourists outside, clamouring to take a picture with the 7ft tall headless ogre. “The Bad Haircut” managed to hide in plain sight by attracting tourists to make it seem relatively innocent from the front while the real clientele came in through the side. The bouncer waved David in with a knowing looking and he found himself in the bustling center of supernatural activity. While many of the patrons secreted themselves in booths around the perimeter of the room the center was dominated with a dance space. Except the music wasn’t piped in through speakers but played by faeries who jigged in the air above the patrons. Though the dominant sight to most newcomers was the massive ogre head dangling above the center of the bar shouting orders and making small talk.



David quickly located Christina doing her best to look discrete but despite turning away those who came to offer her a drink she only seemed to be increasing her mystique. Noticing him she waved him over to the empty spot she had been guarding.

“David, glad you could make it. Pint?”

Before he could accept or decline she had waved to the ogre, Jerph, was his name? A pint of something black soon arrived at the table.

“All my sources have been telling me something big is going down tonight. I don’t know who or what is happening but I thought if you came you might help me catch something I would overlook. To be honest, I still feel a little out of my depth at these supernatural spots.”

The two of you settle down to try and surveil the bar but it’s hard to tell where to look. Anything could be happening on the dancefloor, in one of the booths, or in the toilets. It seemed like a wild goose chase to come here without better intel, but then it was her doggedness at chasing every available lead that had led her to David in the first place.

The air in the room felt like it had dropped ten degrees. David watched as into the room walked Bloody Mary herself walked into the room. Nobody else in the room so much as threw her a second glance but to David it seemed like she had a halo of darkness highlighting her presence. What’s more as soon as she entered the room she looked straight at him, nodded at his companion and blew him a kiss. She knew he was here? With Christina? He started clocking the people around him. How many of them could be plants? Was this a trap? You watch as she flits into one of the booths and out of sight.

What do you do David?


Nephthys Hieronymus, the Tainted

Your contact had been keeping you waiting. A number of different patrons had already come to you complaining that a single girl shouldn’t be hogging a whole booth to herself but so far your withering looks had been enough to discourage any wannabe toughs. For what it was worth the ogre head hadn’t ordered you to leave so perhaps it knew that you had an important meeting here tonight. You swill your drink and think about what the Dust could possible have in mind this time. Up until now your jobs had been given directly to you but this time your contact would have the details of the job. Was the Dust trying collaborating with someone? Testing your loyalty?



Breaking your reverie a woman with piercing eyes, a fierce smile and very little decorum practically jumps into the booth with you and splays herself across the facing seat.

“Hoo, hoo! It’s good to see that prick!”

Noticing that you lacked the context to her entrance she sits up formally and bows deeply.

“Dearest pardons to the herald of the mightiest, most terrible Dust of Osiris.”

Then returns to her splayed position.

“Now, the formalities are over with, here’s the key to the Tower. Bring the stuff back to me we’ll do the ritual. I go my way; your dustiness goes hers. You might not want to stick around here for long mind you.”

She nods to outside the booth.

“I’m not much liked around these parts."

What do you do Neph?

----

Location: Westminster Bridge




Sigurd Westgaarde, the Hunter
Rabi Baird, the False Wolf
Mnemosyne Doxiadis, the Magus

The wind whistles under the bridge as three figures lean over the edge looking at the Clocktower, better known as the Houses of Parliament. Beneath lies the labyrinthine body of the Spirit Dragon Albion. They keep their own counsel as each thinks of the mission ahead.

Rabi:
Joanna had told Rabi that she needed him to start working for his supper a bit more rather than just walking around their park and the surroundings glaring at people and roughing up thugs and orcs but he hadn’t thought it would mean working with Mnem. It seemed that Jo had a nephew at the Clocktower who was a classmate of Mnem’s and they had some scheme to try and steal a grimoire from the belly of a dragon. Rabi knew that dragons were very much Sig’s area and so had asked him if he wanted to tag along and was glad when he jumped at the chance.

Mnem:
You’re sure Maximillian is using you. The way he handed you the slip of paper that would lead you to the grimoire was altogether reckless. Mages are secretive so to just hand over a helpful talisman, let alone with no stated benefits besides getting read the grimoire after you, is suspicious. Perhaps you feel insulted that either he doesn’t consider you threatening enough to lie to your face or that he is so lazy to even put on a proper show of wizardly spirit. Still you have clue that will allow you to venture into Spirit Grave Albion and find another piece of the puzzle regarding your brother’s mysterious disappearance. You knew that it would be foolish to head in alone but, unlike Maximillian, you don’t feel that trusting another student would be prudent so you have got in touch with Rabi. You know he’s good in a fight and avoiding spellcasting might be prudent in such a mana charged environment. You were a little surprised that he brought this guy Sigmund, but he seems to know about the Spirit Grave already and he also looks tough. The problem is getting one person into the Clocktower already would pose a problem, and now it’s double!

Sigurd:
Most people hadn’t noticed yet but the news was out. People were coming into GP’s offices and hospitals with scales on their skin, strange mutations in their irises. It had jokingly been called a “Dragon Plague” by the tabloids. I guess a broken clock is right twice a day. You had managed to meet some of those infected and their prana definitely showed some kind of mutation that was manifesting itself physically. You recognised it as draconic, reminding you even of some of the changes in your own prana since you had bathed in the blood of Fafnir. The problem is there are no leads. That is until you were approached by Rabi. You suspected that perhaps someone in the Clocktower might be experimenting with things beyond their ken, that being the weakness of all mages, but to potentially get openly invited into their base of operations was too good an opportunity to pass up. The thing is Mnem hadn’t planned on an extra guest.

While the three of you stand their you consider your options. Students all have ID that allows them in and out of the Clocktower freely. If you could manage to pickpocket a couple and return them to their owners you could walk right in and straight to the library where a faulty tile in the floor allows students to sneak in without the proper permissions. The Clocktower is beside the river Thames, perhaps there is an underwater entrance? Perhaps you manage to sneak past the guards and fool the magical defenses?

What do the three of you do?

Apocron fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2019 around 11:22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

David Lawson
Blood: -1 Heart +1 Mind +2 Spriit +0


"If something big is going down tonight, I'll take a coke." I answer, giving a disapproving look at her beer. "Anything in particular your sources tell you about..."

And then Bloody Mary just walks into the bar and I freeze, like a deer in headlights. (And me being a prey animal in the analogy feels so very apt)

I wish I could say that I had to hold back the urge to confront her. But that would be a lie. The urge I had to hold back was to duck out of the Bad Haircut and lock myself in my apartment staring in paranoia at the door. I feel the blood drain out of my face as she smiles at me, and nods at Christina. She probably knows. But then, she knew everything back in the day. The best I can do is to look so cowed, and so broken that I am clearly not worth the time to remove out of the picture. And then, tell myself that I am only pretending.

Was she here for him? Was she here for her? Was she going to kill of Christina to make a point? The bar was suddenly full of possible attackers. My gun was suddenly an eternity away. I took a deep breath.

I look at the ogre's head. "Aedelraed," I say, "Can you come closer." He has a few faeries who can get him closer when people want to ask him something. The guy's always here, always watching. We're kind of kindred spirits. He and I go way back, helped each other out a good amount of times. And he likes when I drink here. My reputation isn't what it used to be, but a former member of the Burial Agency helps everyone keep well behaved at a table.

Old Friends Old favours: 2d6+2 10: . On a hit, they offer you comfort and aid, even if it exposes them to danger or retribution. I still mark Aedelraed's faction, which I'm gonna guess is Wild?

"The redhead that just entered." Don't say it's Blood Mary. Don't say her name. "Do you know who she is in the booth with? I'm sensing there might be some trouble there."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Sigurd Westgaarde
Blood 2 | Heart 0 | Mind 1 | Spirit -1 || Mortality 1 | Night -1 | Power 0 | Wild 2

As the silence stretches, Sigurd is the first to break it. He says, "If securing entry into the Clocktower is necessary, I may be able to manage that on my own. I've partnered with some magi in the past, surely one of them would be willing to extend a courtesy to a hearty warrior such as myself." He considers his watch a moment, then says, "I'll leave you two to your preparations. Signal me when you've secured entry, and I will do the same."

Taking an indirect route from the bridge towards Parliament, he extracts a cheap phone from one of his pockets and keys in a quick series of digits. The phone rings a moment, then someone picks up. He says, "Bram? This is Sigurd. I would like to meet. It is a matter of some urgency."

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 6:41 PM
@Sig: 2d6 Hit The Streets (Bram Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri) = (3+1) = 4

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005


Location: Soho, The Bad Haircut






David Lawson, The Veteran

David marks Wild


As Aedelraed floats over you feel the attention of the room settle on the two of you and your table. Where the Ogre head goes people take notice. But considering this is his home he has made some accommodations so he can chat without interference. A faint shimmer surrounds you, Aedelraed, and Christina, so you reckon you're safe at least as long as the ogre hangs around.



He purses his lips as you ask him about the private business of one of his customers but the two of you go way back to the redcap hunt. "It's some dead apostle thing. Someone booked the booth for Red there and some girl with white hair. Can't say I know what they're talking about"

You sense he could tell you more about who booked the booth but if he does that'll be all the aid he can give you. As it is he can help you with something else.

"The red's bad news, Aedelraed, really, really bad news." He said. "Definitely don't go sticking your nose in further, but whatever you could tell me about who booked the booth, and who the white haired girl is would help me. You're a barkeep, you know information is the coin that saves lives."

Aedelraed purses his lips. In his business loose lips sink ships. "That's a real tough question. I don't even know if you want to know the answer to this. If word gets out that I even spoke the name then this place will be burnt to the ground and my faeries and me are worse than dead. I'm afraid to think what'll happen to you two."

Christina is on the edge of her seat. She had already been blown away by the way you knew Aedelraed himself and everything he said just makes her more excited. Dumb kid.

David felt a sense to push. He wanted to know. But then, he remembered his brother. What was he gonna say? She isn't gonna find out? Bloody Mary seemed to have eyes eveyrwhere. About as far as he had. "I know, Aedelraed. The red one, well, she perhaps already gave me a worse than death. And my friend here is blessed with the fury and folly of youth, so she will get involved, regardless. Trust me, I know her." he looked sadly. "But knowing that, I should probably not push you on this. Any other I would say that they would never find out, but I can't guarantee that with the red one. " In the old days, I would have pushed. I was more confident, harder, colder. I really am getting soft.

"Is there anything you can tell me about the white haired one perhaps, that is less... dangerous for you to reveal? Any contacts or allies she has that you know about?"

"Actually White is the reason I'm afraid."

What do you do?



Nephthys Hieronymus, the Tainted

/r 2d6+1 #putting a face to a name
(4+2)+1 = 7
What do I know about her?

It’s Bloody Mary herself! You’ve heard she’s akin to underworld royalty but extremely secretive, which seems absurd considering her boisterous entrance. In the wake of an event called the Five Burial Night where Five Dead Apostles were assassinated (by her?) she quickly rose to the highest ranks.

However she’s not a Dead Apostle Ancestor, but she’s ambitious and it’s no secret that she’s looking for the power to take her position among the Twenty-Seven.



Location: Westminster Bridge




Sigurd Westgaarde, the Hunter


After a couple of rings Braam picks up.



"What is it?" he snaps in irritation.

Sig begins to try and explain the situation but Bram snaps at him.

"Look, don't bother me unless its important. I'm not your errand boy."

With that he cuts the call.

Sig marks power

What do you do?

Apocron fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2019 around 06:10

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005


Placeholder

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005


David, Neph

Neph makes her way out of the bad haircut at pace. David and Christina have to set down their drinks and hurry to keep up lest they lose her on the street. David is unsure of her destination but has the distinct sense that as they follow her, someone is following him.

Neph makes her way to the Tower of London. Ever since the Five Burial Night the place had been closed off to the public. As such a tourist attraction you might have thought that people would demand its reopening. However even just looking at the tower you feel your gut turn. For people without any sense of the supernatural you can get why they would want to stay away, or even forget that such a place existed. You do some precursory reconnaissance but the same way your stomach turned you find your other senses also repelled. You’ll have use some more powerful ritual if you hope to pierce whatever veil covers the site.

What do you do?

Sig, Rabi, Mnem

You all dive, some more, some less, graciously into the Thames. It’s not the best kept river in the world and you do your best not to ingest any of the water. As Mnem expected there is a kind of tunnel near the base of the river toward parliament but it is covered in a shimmering oily glimmer. With the only choices being onward or back to the bridge in your soaked clothes you forge on.

Breaking through the glimmer you pass through a tunnel that flashes in sole drone collide. You feel yourself accelerate until you burst out of a vent in the floor and find yourself in a room that seems half scales and half cobblestones. You’re not sure what you expected the belly of a dragon to resemble but some half dragon, half castle monstrosity probably didn’t describe it. Immediately you feel a rising pitch in your ears. It seems you’ve triggered an alarm. The noise rising in your ears is irritating for now but could become incapaciatingly painful. Then, from the scaled parts of the wall, some kind of dragon golems begin to emerge. There are two tunnels leading out from your current location.

What do you do?

Emy
Apr 21, 2009


Nephthys Hieronymus
Blood 3, Heart 1, Mind -1, Spirit 0 | ☐ Mortality 1, ☑ Night 1, ☐ Power 0, ☐ Wild -1 | Corruption 0


Nephthys strides from the Bad Haircut at a furious pace, full of frustrated energy from dealing with Bloody Mary. As her tails follow her toward the Tower of London, Neph's pace slackens a bit and her temper cools. She reconsiders her path straight for the Tower... but upon consideration, she wants to go there anyway. This wouldn't be the worst time to at least take a look.

Low-hanging clouds block the moon's light, and leave the air feeling almost sticky; it's about as dark as it ever gets in central London, which is still not as dark as she'd like. The Tower of London sits before her: a looming block, washed orange by sodium-vapor lamps, imbued with malevolent purpose. She can see why people haven't been clamoring to get in.

Neph is not herself a wellspring of power, so as she tries to scout the Tower she considers her options. She figures that almost anyone with the magical muscle to pierce through the Tower's defenses from a distance would need a very, very compelling bribe to keep the operation under wraps. And then anyone wouldn't manage to use it as leverage wouldn't be worth working with in the first place. Furthermore, even possessing the ethical flexibility to assist in this break-in implies the ethical flexibility to engage in blackmail. Any accomplice is a potential blackmailer. A classic quandary.

Neph's patience for quandaries is limited. May as well get it over with then. She sighs into the London air, touches the key that Bloody Mary slipped her, then rests her hand on the hilt of her khopesh. There is something she can sue to find out what's inside. It's time to enact a ritual that's become increasingly familiar—in fact, she already has the materials on hand.

The ritual is called "unlawful entry."

Emy fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2019 around 12:09

Emy
Apr 21, 2009


quote isn't edit, unfortunately

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

David Lawson
Blood: -1 Heart +1 Mind +2 Spriit +0


The two of them follow her, and David can't shake the feeling that he is being followed. He cannot help but look over his shoulder. But even if he doesn't see someone, his mind's eye shows him one face, her name echoing in his head. "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary." If his mind had been a dark bathroom with a mirror, the legends say she should have been summoned inthere long ago. The vampire has been taking up space there for years now. But today it's louder than ever.

Still, he'd decided to mess with this. If he was only going to act when he was sure she wasn't looking, he'd never act. So he follows, shadowing her, carefully maintaining his distance. Soon, he has an idea what direction to take. He really doesn't want it to be. Silently trying to will Nephthys to take any direction. Any at all. Buckingham Palace, Downing Street, anything.

Still, they end up at the Tower of London. He sighs. There was only so long shadowing could help. Once she was inside, it'd likely be a lot harder to dissuade her. "Watch my back." He tells Christina, then moves out, no longer trying to hide his footsteps.

"A bad night to be out and about, miss Hieronymous." he says. "Especially around these parts."

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!


Rabi Baird
Blood 2, Heart -1, Mind 0, Spirit 1 | ☐ Mortality 0, ☐ Night 1, ☐ Power 0, ☐ Wild 1 | Corruption 0

"Oh for fuh..."

Rabi groans. As far back as he could remember, his sole talent had always been dropping people on their heads and hell, facing down these weird wall-monsters, and with Sigurd around? He wouldn't even feel comfortable claiming that. Not unless the moon made an unscheduled early appearance. It was best to pick a route right now, before the inside of this disgusting tunnel somehow got even more unpleasant.

With some visible embarrassment, he dashes between the tunnels, and sniffing the air aggressively, like an animal. He was, at least theoretically, still some sort of wolf.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 18:01
@Rabi: 2d6+1 Let It Out = (5+4)+1 = 10

for the hit
- Extending my senses

and for 10+
- Ignoring corruption, and
- Taking +1 forward for my next roll.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at Mar 30, 2019 around 21:40

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Ey girl, you ever been with a haunted tent?


Mnemosyne Doxiadis
Blood -1, Heart 0, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | ☐ Mortality 1, ☐ Night -1, ☑ Power 2, ☐ Wild 0 | Corruption 0

Ok. So this was not how Mnem planned for things to go. Wincing at the sound of the alarm, and then frowning at the incoming dragon golems, she whirls around to look at Sig.

"Think you can hold them off while we figure something out?"

She doesn't wait for a reply, instead turning to face Rabi, who has already run off to do his wolf thing. Ah, of course. She runs up behind him, and digging into her pocket pulls out the scrap meant to help them find the grimoire.

"Alright. Sniff this out while I handle the alarm..."

With that Mnem whips out her wand and starts to trace complex patterns in the air, chanting softly and steadily in some dead language. There was no going back now. If they didn't get this done quick they'd get caught by whoever comes down to investigate. But she could at least try to shut this bloody alarm off. She just has to "pick apart" the enchantment,,, or rather, "burn it"...

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 3:01 PM
@Mnem: 2d6+2 Channeling = (4+6)+2 = 12

Gained 3 holds that last until spent. Spending 1 hold to destroy the alarm.

Zomg fucked around with this message at Apr 1, 2019 around 18:24

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Sigurd Westgaarde
Blood 2 | Heart 0 | Mind 1 | Spirit -1 || Mortality 1 | Night -1 | Power 0 | Wild 2

Sigurd, in answer, shrugs the bow off his back, strings it in one smooth motion, and begins firing arrows into the approaching golems. He says, "There's only so much I can do without alerting the entirety of the Clocktower we're here, but I'll buy as much time as I can before then."

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 1:56 PM
@Sig: 2d6+2 Unleash = (1+1)+2 = 4

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005


Nephthys and David

quote:

Neph

Nephthys glances at David, and she has a flicker of a pained look before she settles into resignation. "Needs must when the devil drives. I see you're still poking into business not your own, Mr. Lawson."

David
"So I am. A bad habit. Worse than smoking. Been trying to kick it. Probably going to kill me in the end too." he stepped closer. "But possibly not as quickly as the people you're dealing with, and the things you're looking into. The Tower of London is bad news."

Neph
"You may have noticed," Neph huffs, "but I am in the bad news trade these days."

David
"Last people that tried to make a move for the Tower died. And there were a fair amount of them. You're too young to be a sacrificial pawn."

Neph
"It's a bit late for me to hear that advice. Now, Mr. Lawson, if you have something that would be immediately helpful, I'll hear it gladly. Otherwise, go have a drink and leave me to do my work."

David
David was quiet for a bit. "Here's the deal. I tell you some things about what I know, you give this stuff some time. Rushing into something's a good way to die young."

Neph
Neph is still bristling with the remnants of her prior irritation, but perks up visibly at the offer of information. "I know that perfectly well, but I'm a little light on options these days. I'll take your deal then, and further take whatever time I can afford."
She shakes her head with a mirthless chuckle. "Really, you should've lead with that instead of trying to scare me off. Have you a better place to chat? I'm guessing you don't want to set down under the Tower's gaze."

David
"Alright, let's move out then, find a private place to talk. Gimme a moment" He takes his cellphone, sending a message to Christina.

"Going to try to lose tail. Want to keep Neph from seeing you. Stay and watch Tower. Don't engage and withdraw if spotted."

He hoped she would follow his suggestion, well, order really. But he couldn't really do more. "Alright, let's go. Going to take a bit of a.... long way around." He said, and started to move. he might not be as spry as he used to be, but he knew London better than most creatures, alive and otherwise. he could time so they could get exactly the right subway, he knew where there were large crowds even at this late hour where it was easy to lose someone in, he knew restaurants where he could give a nod and use the back exit behind staff only doors.

It should be enough to lose whoever was watching the... he hoped.

Making his way to the nearest subway station it seemed that the undergound was far too crowded this evening to provide a good place for a conversation, but they were still close enough to where he parked to use his car. The Mercedes was a picture of its owner. Exquisitely maintained but a little past its prime. The upgraded security meant tha it unlocked as David approached. Nephthys and David climbed in and pressing the start button the engine purred.

Nephthys could see that the inside like the outside was well cared for. The leather interiors polished and a pleasant smell of sandalwood couldn’t help but provide a relaxing atmosphere. Pulling onto the streets David started navigating around leisurely, the streets so familiar that even caught in the nightmare twists and one way streets of central London it felt like a comfortable Sunday drive.

A small beep causes David to glance at his phone.

“It’s done.”

Christina gains a debt on Dave to deal with the tail. Christina eliminates them and so Bloody Mary has no idea you guys are chatting but they probably would have sent her a message that David was heading in the direction of the Tower (but who’s to say that’s where he ended up). You’re both in David’s car and can move to any location you like within London.

Rabi and Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne quickly draws on the palpable mana of the Spirit Grave and shifts it element. It feels like catching the lines of a formula like ribbons and then navigating them like a kite, switching from energy, to wind, to a spark, then a flame. As she feels it begin to the heat itself well within her, desiring to burst forth from her eyes she focuses on the source of the alarm.

Sigurd and Rabi watch as she weaves her arms around in complex kata until suddenly she is surrounded by a serpent of fire. It gazes around before fixing on a corner of the room and then shoots straight like an arrow disappearing into the wall. The pressure that had been building in their heads relaxes and they know that the alarm is no longer a threat.

Rabi and Mnemosyne nod at Sigurd as he declares his intention to handle the golems and dash into the labyrinth.

Mnemosyne hands the scrap of the Grimoire to Rabi who sniffs it. Out of the confusing mess of odors that was the entrance to the Spirit Grave, he isolates the peculiar smell of this particular tome. It smells like time and grass. Mnemosyne is startled as Rabi dashes after the scent, barely managing to match his pace as he begins picking lefts and rights, weaving deeper into the belly of the beast. From the corners of their visions they see strange sights. In one room it seems to open into a wild field under an open sky. Another sees a circle of figures wearing animal masks on their knees worshipping a monolith.

As Rabi draws closer to the tome another scent catches his attention. The smell of sand, the sand of Egypt. That same sandy smell his torturer had. To follow it he would need to leave the trail to the tome.

What do you do?

I assume Rabi extends his senses but on a 10+ you also get another option from Let it Out. Mnemosyne you can also lose sight of your objective and go into a sideroom if you want!


Sigurd



In a moment Rabi and Mnemosyne are gone. The two golems climb from their alcoves, very much like the walls themselves were coming to refuse him. The first turns to him while the second turns to pursue his compatriots but unslinging his bow Sigurd loses an arrow at the back of that golem’s head before it can leave. Preternaturally it ducks and rolls allowing the bolt to soar past and blow a chunk out of the place next to where its head had been. The golem turns and faces him. Well at least he had succeeded at getting their attention.

The first golem crosses the room in one bound and Sigurd has to sling his bow and draw his sword to defend himself from its furious assault. Each blow is not only fast but also as heavy as a tonne of bricks and Sigurd must use every ounce of his focus to redirect the blows and avoid taking a solid hit. It’s only from the corner of his eye that he sees the other dragon sucking at the hole left from Mnemosyne’s spell. Suddenly it turns and blows a burst of flame that engulfs the room. Sigurd can feel his skin sizzling. This is bad.

Sigurd takes two harm. Please note what your faint and grievous wounds are. What do you do?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!


Rabi Baird
Blood 2, Heart -1, Mind 0, Spirit 1 | ☐ Mortality 0, ☐ Night 1, ☐ Power 0, ☐ Wild 1 | Corruption 0 | +1 Forward

The new smell was tempting, but while Rabi was admittedly both aggressive and stupid, he wasn't *that* kind of stupid. Attacking what was presumably Ramesses in a hostile, unkown territory? The odds would be stacked against him. Not that he wanted to go fair and square or anything, Rabi's favourite kind were the kind that were unfair against the other guy. No, for now this stupid book had to take priority. But it was good to know this particular arsehole was local.

After the brief pause to think about the unforgettable scent, a blend of of sand and rust, he gets back on the trail of the grimoire.

Took +1 Forward from the earlier 10+ roll, marked it on my header.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at Apr 15, 2019 around 12:22

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005


Rabi and Mnemosyne

Rabi soon finds his way through the maze to your final destination, by now you feel that the corridors themselves seem to be twisting around behind you. Perhaps escape will not be as easy as retracing your steps.



You enter a narrow promontory into an endless shifting sea of book shelf meteors. They move up and down and orbit around each other lazily. You think you make out other such walkways similar to your own in the distance coming from different parts of the dungeon, but at the end of yours is a pedestal with a single heavy looking book chained down.



What do you do?

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Ey girl, you ever been with a haunted tent?


Mnemosyne Doxiadis
Blood -1, Heart 0, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | ☐ Mortality 1, ☐ Night -1, ☑ Power 2, ☐ Wild 0 | Corruption 0

"What the hell?" Mnem knew coming into here there'd be some strange sights to behold but still... she's floored. And intrigued. If they had more time perhaps she could slip into some of these side rooms and explore but time isn't a luxury they have in bulk right now. Best to stay the course and not screw this up.

"Bingo." She says to Rabi once they arrive in the room of swirling bookshelves, eyes focused on what's clearly the prize straight ahead. "I'd say that's our grimoire."

She then makes for it, stopping when she gets right up close and personal with it. It almost seems surreal. And too easy. But, she places a tentative hand on it, then grabs it completely.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005


Mnemosyne



As you touch the cover your mind whites out. Words, letters, names, places, adjectives, nouns, magic, ink. Your world explodes in a flush of knowledge beyond your capacity to comprehend. It threatens to overwhelm you, do you bite your tongue or let it out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Ey girl, you ever been with a haunted tent?


Mnemosyne Doxiadis
Blood -1, Heart 0, Mind 1, Spirit 2 | ☐ Mortality 1, ☐ Night -1, ☑ Power 2, ☐ Wild 0 | Corruption 0

Mnem feels the knowledge flood into her, and it takes everything not to just completely lose control. Biting down on her tongue, she shuts her eyes and focuses on keeping everything together.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply