Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My high school band director was in his late 40s when I was in school. He was married with two young daughters. I remember he always kind of creeped me out, and there were stories about him being inappropriate with girls. Stuff like rubbing their shoulders after practice, giving gifts to certain girls, weird stuff like that.

When I was a Senior in high school the band went down to Florida to perform in a parade at Disney World. Everything was going well until the night after the parade, when everybody went back to the hotel room. The band director was in the hot tub with one of the French horn players, rubbing her back and shoulders to "relax her". One of the chaperone parents got concerned and told the front desk, who proceeded to call the cops. By the time the police got there he had moved up to his bedroom with the girl. The cops showed up and he answered the door, the girl hid, and they never asked to search his room or anything like that.

On the bus ride home from the trip she gave him a blowjob in the back seat of the bus while everybody slept. One kid saw it and called the school when they got home. The next day our band director was gone, that girl was gone, and nobody ever spoke of it again.

All of this stuff sounds like hearsay except he ended up marrying that girl as soon as she turned 18 (they literally got married on her 18th birthday) after his wife divorced him. His daughters were the maids of honor and were 6 years younger than their new stepmom. They're still together almost 15 years later.

This dude definitely raped and groomed this girl and he got away with it. I don't know what loving deal the school cut with him to just let him disappear without facing charges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My coworker once turned and said to me "Why the young ones always gotta be so fine." and he was referring to a girl who looked like 12 that was with her parents.

I have a gut feeling that he has done something that warrants prison.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Practically everyone I know, and well, everyone else, life's boring when you are poor. and when you are rich, a bit of crime adds some spice to life.
I've known 3 junkie cops. started innocently with the pills they take to get more edgy so they can hurt more browns remorslessly.
everyone has secrets. everyone, including your parents.
this thread should really be about people you know who should not be in prison, or deported because they are the wrong shade.

staberind fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 11, 2019

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Once when I was a teenager I got drunk and poo poo in a stranger's mailbox to amuse my friends.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Anyone who likes Loli anim e

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The piss tape guy.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

staberind posted:

Practically everyone I know, and well, everyone else, life's boring when you are poor.

Ive had the opposite experience. People that have nothing to loose tend to live like they have nothing to loose

Rich people do crimes left and right too, but it’s not nearly as exciting because they rarely get in trouble and can many times weasel their way out .

Just ime

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Moon Atari posted:

Once when I was a teenager I got drunk and poo poo in a stranger's mailbox to amuse my friends.

One time I poo poo on a random strangers doorstep and then put a phonebook ontop and squished it flat.
Why? I dont know. But it was funny at the time.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Dr.Caligari posted:

Ive had the opposite experience. People that have nothing to loose tend to live like they have nothing to loose

Prison is too good for you.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

fist4jesus posted:

One time I poo poo on a random strangers doorstep and then put a phonebook ontop and squished it flat.
Why? I dont know. But it was funny at the time.

It's funny now.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
making GBS threads & pissing at the right time and place on the wrong things is an art form.
ask Piero Manzoni.
on the way back to a mates house we hand a competition on who could piss on the most expensive car, I would have won, but I like lotus'es so....

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I know a few drug abusers.
But I don't know that prison is the way to fix them

So if you're asking legally, yes.
But philosophically, ethically? Also yes.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Me. Because I'm bad news, see? :clint:

rereg no 9
Jan 24, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Me

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

nah, prison drugs are crap. all cut to gently caress.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Hillary

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

prison, at least as it exists in the united states and many other countries, is basically hell on earth. being surrounded by constant rape and murder and corruption is not something that rehabilitates people. it does not benefit law abiding people in any way to lock people up in what we know as prison. in conclusion, the prison system, and the justice system, need to be destroyed and completely reformed in order for them to be a valid method of rehabilitation.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hell Yeah posted:

prison, at least as it exists in the united states and many other countries, is basically hell on earth. being surrounded by constant rape and murder and corruption is not something that rehabilitates people. it does not benefit law abiding people in any way to lock people up in what we know as prison. in conclusion, the prison system, and the justice system, need to be destroyed and completely reformed in order for them to be a valid method of rehabilitation.

As someone who agrees with you 100% here, I also believe that a dude who raped a child (probably multiple kids), convinced her this was normal, and then married her does not deserve rehabilitation and would not be able to be rehabilitated anyway, as he doesn't see any issue with what he did and never will.

The benefit to him having been locked up is that he wouldn't have been able to continue his relationship with a child and then marry her when she turned 18. She might have had a chance to get therapy and live a normal life.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i would rather let him go free than allow prison to continue in the way it is.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

A Fancy Hat posted:

As someone who agrees with you 100% here, I also believe that a dude who raped a child (probably multiple kids), convinced her this was normal, and then married her does not deserve rehabilitation and would not be able to be rehabilitated anyway, as he doesn't see any issue with what he did and never will.

The benefit to him having been locked up is that he wouldn't have been able to continue his relationship with a child and then marry her when she turned 18. She might have had a chance to get therapy and live a normal life.

You would treat something like this much the way we treat people that "get off of murder" with "insanity" which is to say it's a life sentence unless a doctor is willing to sign off that you are rehabilitated fully.

Might as well make the attempt until he dies and keep him reasonably comfortable but safely away from the general population. It's far more humane. This will never happen though, people love their prison rape jokes.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Pretty certain Casey Anthony killed her child so she could party.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

fakeaccount posted:

It's funny now.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

the guy who actually did 9/11. You know the one I'm talking about

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Tane posted:

the guy who actually did 9/11.

you know that guy?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Prison is too good for you.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
My dad did a My Lai.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Hell Yeah posted:

It worked for Negan.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
drug-related charges, vandalism and excessive petty theft would likely get me thrown in the clink.

other than that, I would say one of my ex-managers, a guy named Gary, who i'm pretty sure still has a warrant against him for pedophilia-related crime.

Another one of my managers from the same restaurant, Herman, served time for buying alcohol for 17 year olds, but i don't consider that a real crime. he was our cool manager, too bad he didn't respect the law as much as he should have- he pretty much only used his own moral compass for what he should/shouldn't do, I guess it failed him that time. idk what he's up to now, probably fuckin and workin.

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 11, 2019

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i probably belong in jail sometimes but not prison :madmax:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

When I was a teenager I worked the night shift at *popular corporate pizza chain* and my manager was stealing money...and cutting me in on a portion every night as his scheme required a delivery driver and I was the only one on shift. He only explained it to me after I was already complicit by accident, and then told me to take the hush money and that if I squealed i will be at fault for getting him a criminal record for workplace robbery and thereby ruining his life. More troubling still, we were so understaffed that he was paying an underaged kid who was an alcoholic to stay late.. in alcohol, and letting him drink in store. One time he told me that he forget to buy the alcohol before coming on shift and that I would have to pick it up on one of my deliveries since he can't leave the store. He again made a show of putting unasked for hush money in my float and told me I was already complicit since I had said nothing and let it happen when he was buying the alcohol.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Literally everyone imo. Make this planet a prison planet.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Literally everyone imo. Make this planet a prison planet.

What if I told you....IT ALREADY IS!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

*points to info-wars hat*

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
what's this thread about I just had some chili

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Probably around 90% of people have committed at least one "crime" that comes with prison time. An endless list of strict laws with harsh penalties and lax enforcement makes everyone a criminal

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Moon Atari posted:

What if I told you....IT ALREADY IS!

Earth is space Australia. The rest of the humans are going to be real pissed when we show up to their 2,000 year long utopia after forgetting about us.

So we invented space travel, we never forgot, dicks.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Probably around 90% of people have committed at least one "crime" that comes with prison time. An endless list of strict laws with harsh penalties and lax enforcement makes everyone a criminal

It's definitely 100%

It's like illegal to own a lobster in most states randomly and dumb idiot poo poo like that.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

your posting is a crime that deserves prison

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
all posting is a crime really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

EX250 Type R posted:

all posting is a crime really
there is no ethical posting under capitalism