Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Zeno-25 posted:

What in the everloving gently caress is this eyesore

The apocalypse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Just for reference, if you're working in a destroying-the-environment field and you try to get your coworkers and higher-ups to make changes, either personal or larger-scope, to help mitigate environmental damage, you might end up on graveyard shift lifting boxes for nearly minimum wage soon after once you get illegally blacklisted from the industry, speaking from experience

Plus nobody you tried to fix will ever believe you and now you're (i'm) broke

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Admiral Ray posted:

Get magnets implanted into your fingertips and learn to feel electromagnetic fields

I worked with a guy who did that, he had a magnet implanted in his left pinky and it actually saved him from getting murdered when something wasn't isolated when it should have been

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Goa Tse-tung posted:

did an arc form to his finger? that's kewl

He wasn't the most well-spoken man in the world so he said it "feels like fuckin' weird" when his finger went near a live wire and when he popped open the switchgear that the lockout authority insisted was locked out, his finger started feeling like fuckin' weird so he went and yelled at the guy, but since the lockout dude was extremely old and extremely friendly with supervision nothing happened

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Things are going to start getting bad in 2019 and exponentially worse every year thereafter so watch out for that year, if you build a time machine out of an old washer/dryer you might be able to prepare in time (we're all screwed)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I don't think your gains suddenly drop from 34 year old to like 70 year old the instant you turn 35 and i've seen some ripped grandpas

I was going through your stage-of-grief back in February and it motivated me to do largely the same thing you're doing, made enormous progress in that time so I figure since we're the same age, both goons and I think we're both dudes there's no reason you can't do the same thing and you'll even get a chance to have a few regrettable tinder hookups before tinder implodes from the combined weight of all the catfish

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Maybe this will be the hypercane that ends our suffering

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I would like that hole in Alberta please

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

On the bright side, a lot of cities are still fine enough for the occasional orgy so you can descend into oblivion while maximizing hedonism

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

It might not be too late if you're a jellyfish or a particularly resilient raccoon

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

To be fair we also optimized addictive hobbies to distract people from the hellworld

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I'll have you know that I have never once typed "poo poo my pants" on these forums

edit: gently caress

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I think that fire tornado was a boss in Final Fantasy V, we should be fine as long as someone brings like 4 ice rods

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

To be fair I think deep sea squids might live

not that they can produce oxygen but they're reasonably complex

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Lampsacus posted:

watch the squid and octopus start a better civilization than us in thirty million years.

no octopus just squid

also jellyfish who they will raise as livestock during their agrarian revolution

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

When I am elected, every man woman and child will be armed with a clathrate gun to defend themselves from their squid oppressors

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Speaking of water solubility of carbon dioxide, I have an aunt who legitimately believes that climate change is being caused by everyone drinking too much coke and if we just stop carbonating our mixers we'll be fine

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I will let them all migrate into my home, it's pretty warm and I have a bunch of birdseed and I can make them all some nice perches

I should probably lay down some tarps first though for all the bird poop

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I like it when people with dubious qualifications start soldering together battery banks out of old phone batteries because what this world sorely needs is more uncontrollable fires

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I've got apocalyptic blue balls just bring on the food riots already

Maybe we can fit in some water riots if we can find some space in the schedule

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

This is really sad

Same. I've seen it big time in the areas I fish regularly. I practice good catch and release techniques to harm the fish as little as possible and I've seen major declines in the fish populations. It makes me not want to fish

I just weigh down a fishing line with no hook so I can sit there drinking beers looking at a lake while holding a fishing rod, it's very relaxing since you don't have all the hassle of accidentally catching anything

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Don't forget the Queen of England

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Slugnoid posted:

for anyone heading to the skifields a fire's just started on rocky knob and its predicted to burn through square head jinny towards mount buggery and the terrible hollow

I literally can't tell if those are real places or not

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

well i'll be damned

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Don't worry we got that climate thing all figured out, turns out all we had to do was make it to 2020 and then someone took a bit out of the sun to make it dimmer and it also got rid of the nazi's. A dimmer sun has given us an opportunity for even bigger number!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

There's actually some good news about climate change:

At some point soon, we're going to reach 420.69 ppm

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I've started investing heavily in skeleton futures, because our future is nothing but skeletons

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Dog Toothbrush posted:

it’s cool that “so why even bother trying” is starting to look more and more attractive

I highly recommend going through your climate crisis existential terror several years ago instead of right now so you can watch the world unravel from a lens of "I get to watch the fall of Rome in first person!" instead of "oh my god we're all going to die horribly" as everything ignites around you

Wakko posted:

i know that cynicism is cool and all, but this is decidedly the wrong way to look at things. we didn't get to 415 ppm CO2 by sitting back and hoping for more coal power plants and more oil exploration. we're not going to get to 600ppm by just waiting around. if we're going to deal with the human problem once and for all, everybody is going to have to do their part.

The problem is that humanity needs unanimous direction like, immediately, but there's a ton of momentum behind business-as-usual and it takes a long time to change directions on a boat this big, especially with so many people trying to stop us from changing direction at all

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Part of me is insanely jealous of people who think "one continent might be like 1/3rd carbon neutral by 2050 if we're extremely lucky and nobody scams the money" is actually enough to do anything even if it works

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

To be fair, many nations will also be tree neutral, due to the constant wildfires

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i vote to call it "climate growth" because all of the climate things are getting bigger in various directions

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

has anyone tried dumping shitloads of iron oxide into the ocean to spur massive algae blooms to eat up the carbon yet

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Part of me hopes the wuhan flu wipes us out before crop shortages but the other part hopes we're directly stomped by the boot of climate change just so deniers have a chance of realizing how dumb they are

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Sorry I should have been more clear, I'm more thinking that epidemic-caused mass panic could result in less societal participation, resulting in chaos when things stop working leading to me being part of a skull collection before the environment is completely destroyed

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I see a little bit of snow left over, so much for "global warming"! Why won't these birds shut up and migrate already?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Maya Fey posted:

they named it sif because it was being shielded (as if by a magical shield spell) by ice (knight artorias)

no they named it sif because it's shaped like a dog with a sword in it mouth

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Inceltown posted:

Thinking of going to university to learn biochemisty so I can make deadly disease strains to unleash pandemics on the world. Thus slowing global warming by keeping the whole planet in quarantine.

just lol if you haven't already been selectively breeding strains of everything you can think of to try to luck into a superbug through brute-forcing the RNG of nature for like 10 years already

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just lol if you still have houseplants in 2020 instead of massive kilometer wide algae vats like a normal person

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I'm glad I was never a kid, I emerged fully formed from a vat used to store smooth brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

we shouldn't make more humans but we should practice regularly just in case