Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LoboLoboLobo posted:

I’m still messed up that Charles LeClerc pronounces his own name by saying every letter in it

Yeah that has me completely bamboozled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Haas hosed up by not cutting Grosjean and trying to get Ocon, Kimi, Kubica, or even Ericsson.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 13, 2019

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I watched the Netflix doc with English subtitles. They identified almost every announcer voice clip as Crofty, except some of the Crofty clips which were identified as Brundle.

I'm not sure how that even happens unless the person doing the subtitles had no access to the actual audio track and was working from an old script or something.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

LoboLoboLobo posted:

I’m still messed up that Charles LeClerc pronounces his own name by saying every letter in it

He's Monegasque, not French. That whole "Sharr LeClerr" shtick is the terrible Sky F1 poo poo that they keep doing despite him never pronouncing his name like that.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Apart from the forced story lines , the Netflix thing was pretty cool.
I think if Ricciardo doesn't win within a couple of years, he'll quit.
Magnussen is jerk, but a likable one. Heck, even Ericsson comes across as a nice guy.
I still love the irony of Hamilton complaining that F1 doesn't hire young talented guys like Ocon, as Mercedes re-sign Bottas.
And I really really really hope that Renault beats RB after Horners "Oh yeah, you used to make tea when I started" to Cyril

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Apart from the forced story lines , the Netflix thing was pretty cool.
I think if Ricciardo doesn't win within a couple of years, he'll quit.
Magnussen is jerk, but a likable one. Heck, even Ericsson comes across as a nice guy.
I still love the irony of Hamilton complaining that F1 doesn't hire young talented guys like Ocon, as Mercedes re-sign Bottas.
And I really really really hope that Renault beats RB after Horners "Oh yeah, you used to make tea when I started" to Cyril

He won Monaco last year, and has enough years left in him for a legit shot at the triple crown.

not like old man Alonso

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Was only going to donate $10, but $25 was more than worth it. Cancer Council Australia.

Hamilton Approves, but Seb seems really upset by the donation...

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh, come on. Even as the resident die hard Williams fan I already know this will never happen.

:toxx: Permaban me if Kubica wins a race in 2019 in the Williams, thanks :toxx:

Quoting for permaban

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:toxx: Ban me if Lewis Hamilton wins 11(eleven) or more Races in the 2019 Formula 1 World Championship

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't like ban toxxes because i love you guys and don't want to go without you because williams suddenly pulls some magic rabbit out of their asses and challenges are Lance and Racing Point Lance GP for WDC.

so stop doing ban toxxes and come up with something more creative like buying williams/kube gear or donating to a good cause or cutting off a finger or something.

For example

:toxx: If are Lance doesn't podium at least once this season, i will buy a Lance/LanceGP hat no matter how pink it is

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

so stop doing ban toxxes and come up with something more creative like buying williams/kube gear or donating to a good cause or cutting off a finger or something.

I agree with this. The off season thread had a big chance of being very quiet and boring.

Also get hyped! Racing starts tomorrow at Albert Park. My good friend is making his debut in one of the support categories racing one of the Audi GT cars! :rice:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somebody needs to make a season thread.

Also, having to make a long season/off-season thread should be the outcome of a failed TOXX

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Powershift posted:

I don't like ban toxxes because i love you guys and don't want to go without you because williams suddenly pulls some magic rabbit out of their asses and challenges are Lance and Racing Point Lance GP for WDC.

For example

:toxx: If are Lance doesn't podium at least once this season, i will buy a Lance/LanceGP hat no matter how pink it is

You don't already have one? The gently caress's wrong with you?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Stroll driver of the day every day except sundays?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Theophany posted:

You don't already have one? The gently caress's wrong with you?

I'm a one-hat man, and currently own a hat.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Powershift posted:

I'm a one-hat man, and currently own a hat.

Perhaps you should eat the hat you have and invest in some fine LS merchandise, friend.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my stupid credit card doesnt work for some loving reason and i really want archives i will paypal someone the 10 bucks. i really want to read the 2007 season thread

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

my stupid credit card doesnt work for some loving reason and i really want archives i will paypal someone the 10 bucks. i really want to read the 2007 season thread

:toxx: if ferrari win either the WDC or the WCC I will buy gonzo archives so he can revel in the quagmire of the 2007 season thread. Or if he doesn't want to wait for season end I will donate to a charity of his choice

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Is the 2007 thread available with archives? Iirc all the archive stuff barely works

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Is the 2007 thread available with archives? Iirc all the archive stuff barely works

It works it’s just incredibly unintuitive. Here’s the thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2579349

There’s a 2007 thread about VAR in football lol

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

multipart thread due to radium
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2258388
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2381948

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

It works it’s just incredibly unintuitive. Here’s the thread:

There’s a 2007 thread about VAR in football lol

Did they know back then it was going to suck rear end?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wow Charles Leclerc caught telling barefaced lies to dying man: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47523208

Sad IMO. Youth today.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have been granted access to archives. The terms will be discussed with my friend Tuo. Thank you and god bless.

edit: the thread seems more civil and hopeful, i would have been a bad element 10 years ago. i need to think of how im posting

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Mar 13, 2019

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Lmao don’t think just post. That attitudes gotten me this far.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Someone out there has to wash Franks cock and balls and taint.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

I have been granted access to archives. The terms will be discussed with my friend Tuo. Thank you and god bless.

edit: the thread seems more civil and hopeful, i would have been a bad element 10 years ago. i need to think of how im posting

Keep scrolling, I'm pretty sure it gets worse

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Thats a terrible OP, lots of relevant information and things like rule changes for the season.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Back then the forums weren't dead and we thought new fans might come along and need to know things

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

Back then the forums weren't dead and we thought new fans might come along and need to know things

Yeah I loved seeing retarded americans asking 9000 stupid questions they could've googled or just worked out with a bit of common sense.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:toxx: £50 to Sands if McLaren don't finish ahead of Racing Point this year :toxx:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwzJWw1MIb0

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

track day bro! posted:

Yeah I loved seeing retarded americans asking 9000 stupid questions they could've googled or just worked out with a bit of common sense.

Idiot Race you should be more nice. Or less mean. One of those.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

track day bro! posted:

I'll explain Y250 vortices for 5 bucks (per question each)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Mar.19 (GMM) McLaren boss Ron Dennis has accused BMW of "showboating" in the Australian grand prix.

Hinwil based BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld had an impressive start to the Melbourne race, leaping ahead of Fernando Alonso, but the German made his first pit stop very early and was among only three competitors to start on the 'soft' tyre.

In the official post-race press release, Dennis described BMW's strategy as "unexpected" and "very disruptive" to McLaren's plans to win.

Later, the British chief told reporters: "Our race was seriously compromised by the Heidfeld strategy, which we just didn't understand.

"It smacked of showboating in the opening part of the race," said Dennis"

More disruptive that stealing Ferrari IP or having a driver civil war?

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
anyone who is better than me is clearly showing off and/or is cheating (more and better than me)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

julian assflange posted:

Idiot Race you should be more nice. Or less mean. One of those.

you should stop being a spooky fookin creep and make me my five egg scrambler for me to eat while watching border force new fookin zealand

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Hard to imagine a time when The Worst Thread was not the worst thread. Was it merely another Indy/NASCAR thread then, with posters posting discussions about racing and race cars? Depressing thought, I wouldn't want to post in such a world.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
if this thread was not the Worst Thread i literally wouldn't watch f1

you idiots and racists are the only thing keeping me going, and i don't even bother to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Someone out there has to wash Franks cock and balls and taint.

It's Sergei Sirotkin.