Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Its really funny that the UK seems to be at USSR in 1989 levels of dysfunction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

I sprung for the Falklands module for CMO and it's a bit staggering to see how Mickey Mouse the Royal Navy was by 1982.

mentally add 40 years of additional degeneration for the real lmao

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

KomradeX posted:

It seems worse than that tbh

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

seems fine to me, mission accomplished boys

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

KomradeX posted:

irish reunification of 2024 incoming

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Britannia rules the waves lol

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

so the british navy uses teenagers who work at the lube shop to repair nuclear reactors

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

fabergay egg posted:

irish reunification of 2024 incoming

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/conspiralink/status/1621367347926937600?t=kipI9d-A1Eat9zIj_nmDPA&s=19

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

KomradeX posted:

Uh its more like post collapse

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

grift

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Remember when the Airforce said that defending US air space isn't one of their missions?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Operation Fu-Go 2: fūsen bakudan motto tsuyoku

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

genericnick posted:

Remember when the Airforce said that defending US air space isn't one of their missions?

Lol, no I don't. So what their only mission is bomb brown people that can't shoot back

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

or graft

actually whats the difference?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
That's just balls

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

genericnick posted:

:smug:

quote:

[Posse comitatus] originally applied only to the United States Army, but a subsequent amendment in 1956 expanded its scope to the United States Air Force. In 2021, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022 further expanded the scope of the Act to cover the United States Navy, Marine Corps, and Space Force. The Act does not prevent the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The United States Coast Guard (under the Department of Homeland Security) is not covered by the Act either, primarily because although it is a armed service, it also has a maritime law enforcement mission.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Holy shut did not have ‘split the army Air Force into a separate branch to avoid posse comitatus’ on my list of MIC nightmares.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Its still wild how he was able to spin a tale of being hyper competant war hero after all his many many gently caress up. At least Patton had a movie to cement that idea in pop culture

Doug forgot that soldiers needed to eat, and so did not provision the fortresses, and thought the japanese were a different species who were biologically incapable of flying airplanes.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Centrist Committee posted:

or graft

Graft is the metric grift

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

or graft

graft is specifically government corruption, grifting is just any old hustle

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

or graft

grift is swindling and graft is surgically removing skin or other tissue from one place and putting it on another

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Slavvy posted:

Graft is the metric grift

Filthy Hans posted:

graft is specifically government corruption, grifting is just any old hustle

Shifty Nipples posted:

grift is swindling and graft is surgically removing skin or other tissue from one place and putting it on another

:tipshat:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ok because it came up in a different thread wrt the perfidious Chinese death balloon: is emp an actual thing that you can weaponise somehow?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

US has an emp microwave laser for anti drone stuff even, but lol yes, electromagnetic pulse is a part of any explosion and can be maximized relative to explosive power

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Slavvy posted:

Ok because it came up in a different thread wrt the perfidious Chinese death balloon: is emp an actual thing that you can weaponise somehow?

Directional EMP has been in the military version of CMO for as long as I've been using it and I was told the latest update allowed it in the commercial version as well.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

baby on board
https://twitter.com/dod_outreach/status/1621579367343071232

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol I mean they're making it seem upbeat and inclusive but her CoC knows she'd miscarry and she's too much of a #girlboss to give a poo poo. That's loving wild.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

lol I mean they're making it seem upbeat and inclusive but her CoC knows she'd miscarry and she's too much of a #girlboss to give a poo poo. That's loving wild.

Dyess Airforce base is in texas, you know how hard it is to get an abortion there?!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Dyess Airforce base is in texas, you know how hard it is to get an abortion there?!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

GlassEye-Boy posted:

lol

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

GlassEye-Boy posted:

That's what Fort Hood is for :mrgw:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/astroqv/status/1621965490926002176

lol they really did take out the F-22 for this

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

yellowcar posted:

https://twitter.com/astroqv/status/1621965490926002176

lol they really did take out the F-22 for this

is this the first combat the F-22 has seen

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

It has probably shot down some drones over iraq and/or syria

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dont forget jet fuel cost too

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

The 1500g is for spies on a very tight budget.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

imagine how excited that pilot was to be chosen to finally shoot something down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://twitter.com/inhofejack/status/1621390259366805504?s=20&t=0F8JguCI0ZbvoQMK0n0E5Q