Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Chic Trombone posted:

Random claim + boo hoo I can't form my own opinions on D1

Hmm.....bad

I've never been certain what exactly one is supposed to based their opinions off D1 - oh no, that player was a little too flippant in their answers, it's a clear scumtell. Without a grounding you wind up where I was, hopping on a bandwagon to rush a flip to get something to be used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Oh shoot I forgot I was in this, I’ll catch up later this morning.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Murmur Twin posted:

Oh shoot I forgot I was in this, I’ll catch up later this morning.

Extremely on brand

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Hal Incandenza posted:

What’s the case on anyone? I mean other than the one you just made on chic which is basically a case on the only person who made an actual game related post

I really do not like this pushback on defending a presumed jokevote and joke request for more votes, it feels really insecure

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GeneX posted:

I really do not like this pushback on defending a presumed jokevote and joke request for more votes, it feels really insecure

##vote Hal

I thought my question was perfectly valid. Your post seems like over-presuming my intentions to generate a case for your bad vote!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

CapitalistPig posted:

Thinking more about this post it's pretty bad.

-2 in a game where it only takes 5 votes to lunch and there are two scum makes claiming at that time a pretty good idea since all it takes is 2 scum to rush in and vote.

So you know, decidedly not "painfully scummy" "my dude"

This is aggro as gently caress which is probably a tell of some kind, but I haven't played enough with cpig to tell what it's actually a tell of

I can see both sides of this tho, I was on chic's side (you have 3 votes lol, calm down) on reading this tiff at the start, but I admittedly didn't remember just how small the game actually is. Thinking it's ultimately a good sign for Cpig's alignment, actual town annoyance and all.

Chic Trombone posted:

I know this is a small game but you have two votes + a promised vote when I can log on on a computer

This is painfully scummy my dude

Here chic acknowledges it's a small game too so hmm that's not a great look on her part

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

I thought my question was perfectly valid. Your post seems like over-presuming my intentions to generate a case for your bad vote!

"What's the case on anyone?" isn't an actual question, it's rhetorical flippancy. the problem wasn't the question in and of itself, regardless, it was the sensitivity to criticism of your vote on MMT for...absolutely nothing

"there's no cases on anyone, so whatever my vote is fine, also you're being bad" is overjustifying a joke

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

I've never been certain what exactly one is supposed to based their opinions off D1 - oh no, that player was a little too flippant in their answers, it's a clear scumtell. Without a grounding you wind up where I was, hopping on a bandwagon to rush a flip to get something to be used.

I used to be like this and the solution is to go with your gut

If a thing feels weird you pursue it

that's literally it bud

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GeneX posted:

This is aggro as gently caress which is probably a tell of some kind, but I haven't played enough with cpig to tell what it's actually a tell of

The "my dude" thing is starting to annoy tbh.

It started out as a cool way to refer to your friends and its turned into this sarcastic punctuation when you think people are dumb and wrong.

Yeah I know, old man yells at cloud etc etc

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I didn't use it sarcastically in that instance

I just like to say my dude

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It's a fun phrase and I'm sorry if it personally annoyed you

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chic Trombone posted:

I didn't use it sarcastically in that instance

I just like to say my dude

That's the problem, it's so hard to tell anymore.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chic Trombone posted:

It's a fun phrase and I'm sorry if it personally annoyed you

I blame too much facebook tbh.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Sniper also looks like he's scrambling to defend himself in at least 3 different ways (d1 makes no sense, no one did anything yet anyway, I was actually just doing it for info, etc) with minimal pressure on him so hmm.

very tentative, mostly useless list:

town:
me (lol)

town-ish:
asiina (good call out of cpig)
cpig (good call out of chic)

?????? (extreme tentative town-lean):
Teland (participated in jokephase)

?????? (extreme tenative scum-lean):
Azurelana (not posting)
MMT (not posting, meta~)

scum-ish:
Chic (questionable case, knew about its questionable aspects)
sniper (oversensitivity in general)
Hal (aggressively biting at critics of a jokevote and requests for more jokevotes)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GeneX posted:

"What's the case on anyone?" isn't an actual question, it's rhetorical flippancy. the problem wasn't the question in and of itself, regardless, it was the sensitivity to criticism of your vote on MMT for...absolutely nothing

"there's no cases on anyone, so whatever my vote is fine, also you're being bad" is overjustifying a joke

my dude asked me what the case on MMT was and I responded in my normal snarkish way and maybe he really did have a case on someone besides chic that he was going to dunk on me with. And I really do want to get MMT before she gets me.

Also the longer MMT goes without posting (which before she made her check-in post was almost 24 hours after I made my vote) the better I feel about my vote.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

That's the problem, it's so hard to tell anymore.

This is a fair statement, I just like casual appellations but I do know that there is a contingent that uses them explicitly for derision

I try not to use them as such but can understand why the association would be made

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GeneX posted:

scum-ish:
Chic (questionable case, knew about its questionable aspects)
sniper (oversensitivity in general)
Hal (aggressively biting at critics of a jokevote and requests for more jokevotes)

I agree with those scum-ish reads for pretty much the same reasons.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

my dude asked me what the case on MMT was and I responded in my normal snarkish way and maybe he really did have a case on someone besides chic that he was going to dunk on me with. And I really do want to get MMT before she gets me.

Also the longer MMT goes without posting (which before she made her check-in post was almost 24 hours after I made my vote) the better I feel about my vote.

lol at the "my dude"

I'm not sure how to take this, especially "get MMT before she gets me", but a "no my vote is good I'm gonna stick with it" from me doesn't help dredge up anything, so

##vote Sniper

trying WAY too hard to justify himself, feels like he's scrambling for reasons after the fact

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think calling chic out for a questionable case is BS. Whatever the first case anyone makes is in a little game like this is going to be questionable and it is way more townie to put that out there and of course she would acknowledge that it was thin. Looks worse for the people jumping on it to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GeneX posted:

I'm not sure how to take this, especially "get MMT before she gets me", but a "no my vote is good I'm gonna stick with it" from me doesn't help dredge up anything, so

I feel like MMT has tricked me so many times as scum or in other types of games that she's is my arch-nemesis that's all. But I think "I forgot I was in this" is BS lazy scum play for her. But yeah at first it was strictly a vote on personal meta. I just didn't like cpig acting like there was a better reason to vote anyone at that point. I mean he called it terrible, which is like worse than bad even

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I just realized my vote for sniper didn't count? Is this in ecco mode?

UGGGGHHHH

##unvote

##vote sniper

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think calling chic out for a questionable case is BS. Whatever the first case anyone makes is in a little game like this is going to be questionable and it is way more townie to put that out there and of course she would acknowledge that it was thin. Looks worse for the people jumping on it to me.

Sure, but there's a difference between "I know my case is thin, but" and "I know my case is wrong, but"

it's possible I'm assuming too much of her mindset and/or read basis

for me, people getting snippy when fairly close to being hammered isn't really a tell at all, so her formatting appears to me as:

"I know you're close to dying, but also you don't have many people on you and are freaking out a bit (even though that small amount of pressure is something I acknowledge as sufficient to cause that aggressive response)"

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Chic is for sure not on my radar today. From what little experience I have making cases often just invites scrutiny and little else. So making the first case of the game is something I think is a town move.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

CapitalistPig (2): Asiina, sniper4625, Chic Trombone, sniper4625
sniper4625 (2): GeneX, CapitalistPig
Murmur Twin (1): GeneX, Hal Incandenza, GeneX
Teland (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Hal Incandenza (0): GeneX, GeneX
Chic Trombone (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (4): Azurelana, Murmur Twin, sniper4625, Teland

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 13th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 36 minutes.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

GeneX posted:

lol at the "my dude"

##vote Sniper

trying WAY too hard to justify himself, feels like he's scrambling for reasons after the fact

One day I will calibrate the correct setting between "lolk bandwagon" posting and "ok you made a good point here's a bunch of words" posting to arrive at "is not immediately posting scummy posting." I do think that pushback on the former leading to the latter isn't an obvious sign of scummery? But I'm necessarily biased here.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

you are trying to hard

here is a hint: go with what u feel

Would vote sniper

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Teland posted:

Cleo and Wren escaped with their lives, but it was never the same again. They never again wandered off from the group. The shadow they had seen followed them the rest of their lives.

I see the question in your eyes. "But Teland, how do you know all this?"

You see... Cleo was me! (WOW! SHOCK!)

But seriously guys, who has the graham crackers?

:ghost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qTrgCWpLlM :ghost:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Chic Trombone posted:

Would vote sniper

then, uh, why not just do so?

is there a reason for the equivocation?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bc I still feel fine with my CPig vote ?? Am I supposed to switch every time I take a notion now?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It is in fact possible to think multiple people are acting scummy at once

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

I'm not getting the argument against sniper. It seems like they're being cautious seeing as there really isn't a strong argument against anyone at this point. So is that suspicious because it comes across as nervous? That doesn't seem odd to me, but I don't know how it compares to their typical demeanor.

Both chic and cpig were enthusiastically confrontational without much basis. If no one had came forward with a tenuous argument we would all still be staring at each other, but I suppose a positive result doesn't necessarily justify an initial attack.

There are still a lot of people I'd like to hear from. It would be hypocritical of me to judge them on that basis at this point, I just hope we can keep the discussion going while there's still time.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

sniper4625 posted:

One day I will calibrate the correct setting between "lolk bandwagon" posting and "ok you made a good point here's a bunch of words" posting to arrive at "is not immediately posting scummy posting." I do think that pushback on the former leading to the latter isn't an obvious sign of scummery? But I'm necessarily biased here.

I don't think I understand what this sentence means.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I think I will do this:

##vote Cpig

Cpig came out hard on Chic and I don't think it made much sense to do that. It also might have quelled future discussion.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Also I'm going to be put on warning today in all likelihood which is annoying, but so is half the game so it's probably not going to be a big problem.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Azurelana posted:

I think I will do this:

##vote Cpig

Cpig came out hard on Chic and I don't think it made much sense to do that. It also might have quelled future discussion.

I mean, I have already said it was to get people talking but you do you.

Unless you are scum this kind of apathetic crap is gonna lose town the game.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Teland posted:

I'm not getting the argument against sniper. It seems like they're being cautious seeing as there really isn't a strong argument against anyone at this point. So is that suspicious because it comes across as nervous? That doesn't seem odd to me, but I don't know how it compares to their typical demeanor.

Both chic and cpig were enthusiastically confrontational without much basis. If no one had came forward with a tenuous argument we would all still be staring at each other, but I suppose a positive result doesn't necessarily justify an initial attack.

There are still a lot of people I'd like to hear from. It would be hypocritical of me to judge them on that basis at this point, I just hope we can keep the discussion going while there's still time.

This is a lot of words for what could be summed up with a shrug emoji

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh poo poo I forgot I was in this game for a second time! I'm here from now until deadline and reading from the beginning.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Azurelana posted:

I don't think I understand what this sentence means.

Now that I'm rereading it while not trying to run an event I'm not entirely sure either. Probably something about still calibrating - Teland has the right of it.

Anyway if I am being encouraged to follow my gut then sure, I don't like how confrontative some are, but is it enough to condemn? Not yet.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Right now I feel fairly town-leaning on CPig and GX.

Top scum read is Hal.

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote MMT gotta get her before she gets me

---

I feel like MMT has tricked me so many times as scum or in other types of games that she's is my arch-nemesis that's all. But I think "I forgot I was in this" is BS lazy scum play for her. But yeah at first it was strictly a vote on personal meta. I just didn't like cpig acting like there was a better reason to vote anyone at that point. I mean he called it terrible, which is like worse than bad even

This looks like scum trying to go for an easy vote on someone who hadn't posted but

1. Outside of Codebreakers, which was more than a year ago, I can't think of any games where I "got" Hal
2. "I forgot I was in this" is alignment-neutral for me :350:
3. There's this weirdly self-conscious tone to Hal's posting that seems different from his normal laid-back self. Specifically being worried about me fooling him before I've said anything, and being surprised that CPig insulted a bad vote.

##vote Hal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot I was in this game for a second time! I'm here from now until deadline and reading from the beginning.

##vote MMT

I think I feel stronger about this as a meta case than Sniper, Hal or Chic as content cases

Chic Trombone posted:

Bc I still feel fine with my CPig vote ?? Am I supposed to switch every time I take a notion now?

The phrasing “I would do X” when there’s nothing stopping you from doing X is weirdly hesitant, but sure, your answer is satisfactory