Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Well my vote for Asiina was based mainly around her not participating and there being no other cases out there. That's no longer true on either count.

##unvote

Chic isn't participating today, but she did yesterday, so it's a hard to say what's going on with that. If we're coming down to a Chic v. Cpig vote that's tough for me, because my impression has been that they mutually overreacted. Also my confidence in Cpig is kind of dependent on my confidence in MMT, and MMT is bringing up a new target just when the Cpig case is building traction right before the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm here but I'm going into a play soon and will be gone until deadline

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Meh I'm going to go back to ##vote Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Rude, best friend Hal.

Also I'm in the process of getting drank so ##vote CPig in case I forget.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

I think, unless Chic shows up suddenly, we don't have the votes for anything.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dang I'm about to be gone, doubt anything will happen here but ##vote Cpig just in case people show up

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I read through GX's posts to see if she breadcrumbed a PR that scum might have picked up on, but I didn't see anything, so I could buy that she was killed because of her reads.

Does make both Chic and Hal more suspicious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I see how it is Asiina.

However implying I would kill someone because I studied them for breadcrumbs is ludicrous and for reads is even more ridiculous

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I know, implying you actually read the game and killed anyone for a particular reason is pretty out there.

But I believe in you, Hal.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I only kill the boring players, it is known

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I hope this play is good. It's called The Play That Goes Wrong so I have high hopes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I only kill the boring players, it is known

drat, calling GX boring.

That's pretty mean.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Oh we actually do have the votes. I thought Hal had already left. I'm anxious about losing a player who's fairly active when we're struggling in that regard, but I'm more anxious about sitting here and getting picked off while we're being indecisive.

##vote cpig

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

CapitalistPig (4): Azurelana, Asiina, Hal Incandenza, Teland
Chic Trombone (1): Murmur Twin
Asiina (0): Murmur Twin, Hal Incandenza, Teland, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Teland, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (2): CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 17th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh the humanity

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]

Chic did not meet the threshold for required posts, and is now on notice!

If Asiina, Azurelana, or Chic fail to meet the posting threshold tomorrow, they will become freely lunchable the next day.

The hour felt long. The memory of Keraf being pulled away into the woods by that giant hand was seared into your mind. As was the dead body of pera, still laid up on the ground, her blood inching ever closer to the fire.

Accusations were thrown freely, this time finally landing on CPig.

When the final vote was laid upon his head, all went quite. You turned to look at the Head Councilor.

She seemed not to notice, too busy carving a shape out of a piece of wood.

"Oh, have you all made a decision?" She stabbed the wooden bench next to her, and stood up, the figure held tightly in her fist.

"I'm sorry, I was so busy working on this lovely figurine of our lucky camper, I hadn't noticed you were ready." She looks at the figure in her hand. "Don't you like it?" She presents it to the group.

The figure looks exactly like CPig. His clothes, his eyes, his . . . face?

The figure squirms in her hand. She throws it into the fire.

CPig is engulfed in a tower of flame where he sits. You cannot tell where the roar of the inferno stops and his screams start.

Nothing is left but ash, and fear.

"CPig, Salo, Vanilla Town, Did Not Surive Day 2

Please get me your night actions in the next 24 hours, or they will be counted as having done no action.

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
"Close your eyes" the Head Councilor tells you. You shut them, sweat dripping down your forehead.

'Not me not me not me not me' you think to yourself.

A loud metal sound fills the air in front of you. Footsteps fall in front of you.

'It's going to be me, this is going to be it, it's going to be now. It's now. It's now. It's now. It's now it's now it's now it's now it's now it's now it's now'

You hear metal scrape on metal.

'Now now now now now now nownownownownownownownownownownownow-'

A scream fills the air.

"You can open your eyes again." Somehow you hear the instruction over the din of screams.

You open them. In the center, on top of the campfire, is a large iron pot full of boiling water.

Teland is in the pot, thrashing about. As she tries to grab the metal edges to pull herself out, the heat burns her hand. Skin sticks to the edge as she pulls away.

She lets out a final scream as she falls into the water, fully submerged. She never comes back up.

The Head Councilor picks her teeth. "It seems Teland, Ciel, Town Neapolitan, did not survive Night 2"

Azurelana, Asiina, and Chic are on notice! If they do not meet the posting threshold today, they will become freely lunchable the following day.

Deadline is Wednesday, March 20th, at 10PM EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (5): Asiina, Azurelana, Chic Trombone, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 21st, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 13 hours.

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
Fixed deadline on vote finder.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Old Maid You Look posted:

Azurelana, Asiina, and Chic are on notice! If they do not meet the posting threshold today, they will become freely lunchable the following day.

Deadline is Wednesday, March 20th, at 10PM EST.

OK so..

1. This is LYLO, so no one vote yet please
2. Because of the lurker rules, no one should vote until all three of Chic/Asii/Azure have posted enough to meet the requirement because otherwise I'm pretty sure we lose if any of them are town who become freely lynchable.
3. Right now my scum order is

probably scum: Chic, Azure
probably town: Hal, Asiina

4. If this weren't LYLO I'd be voting Chic here.

To everyone who voted CPig instead of Chic yesterday when I made what I felt was a fairly airtight case - why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Azurelana posted:

I think so. I was never happy about the way he approached Chic on day 1. It's either an attack on someone that cools the game or collusion.

I think the scummy on purpose justification makes him look worse.

But if I'm wrong I think that the risk on the downside is not too bad.

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with that second sentence - how did his case on Chic 'cool the game' and/or how was it collusion?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I am a stupid motherfucker who apparently can't remember to do something as simple as read and post in a drat forums game

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

I am a stupid motherfucker who apparently can't remember to do something as simple as read and post in a drat forums game

Life happens, no worries. Who do you think is scum now that pig and sniper both flipped town?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda at a loss. I still think MMT is probably town. The Chic case seems okay, but again it's LYLO so we can't afford to be wrong.

I really thought it would be CPig and Teland, but then they both turned up town so I have no idea.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I read through Teland's posts to see if they breadcrumbed their N1 results, but there's nothing really concrete there. The whole thing about CPig probably not being scum and so scum was on that vote might be a soft claim about who they investigated, since that'd probably be who I would have investigated, and if it was I'm annoyed I didn't see it as that at the time.

Looking at the flips though, I really do solidly see MMT as town now. I believed it because of her tunneling behaviour which is very on brand :v: but also D1 I don't know why a scum would move off one town and onto another for no real reason.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

Looking at the flips though, I really do solidly see MMT as town now. I believed it because of her tunneling behaviour which is very on brand :v: but also D1 I don't know why a scum would move off one town and onto another for no real reason.

Two questions:

- What’s your opinion of Chic based on her content thus far this game?
- Does the bolded above mean that someone changing their vote from town to town on d1 is something that makes you lean town on them?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (5): Asiina, Azurelana, Chic Trombone, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 20th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

[quote="Old Maid You Look"
[*]In general, no replacements will be allowed beyond Day 1 - please don't sign up if you aren't going to put actual effort into this game and see it through to the end.
  • I understand that Life Happens sometimes, or in general you just might not feel up to it once the game has begun. That is fine! Please contact me and we will sort it out one way or another, but I promise I will not be upset.
[/quote]

Yo honestly I’m so close to just voting for myself and ending this, what the gently caress you guys?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

I read through GX's posts to see if she breadcrumbed a PR that scum might have picked up on, but I didn't see anything, so I could buy that she was killed because of her reads.

---

I read through Teland's posts to see if they breadcrumbed their N1 results, but there's nothing really concrete there. The whole thing about CPig probably not being scum and so scum was on that vote might be a soft claim about who they investigated, since that'd probably be who I would have investigated, and if it was I'm annoyed I didn't see it as that at the time.

:waycool:

quote:

I'm kinda at a loss. I still think MMT is probably town. The Chic case seems okay, but again it's LYLO so we can't afford to be wrong.

---

It's good that you took a second post to call me town instead of making a scum call.

##vote Asiina

I'm not reading this thread any more this game day and frankly don't care if town loses or not.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

well i finally stopped having to deal with personal bullshit long enough that i have some time to myself, and uh there's not much to go on in the thread

i see MMT's case on me and then MMT's case? on asiina from earlier today and i think that's really It as far as still-alive players with cases on them go

and MMT being the only one really engaging with the town like, at all makes me v. certain she's town, and i know i'm town, so that leaves

Azurelana
Hal Incandenza
Asiina

Of these I feel the best about Hal, and the worst about Asiina - so ##vote Asiina

i agree with MMT above that it felt like a scripted checkin with no real oomph or thought or anything

she's had a vote on her for a few hours and hasn't been scumrushed to end the day which is also a p good sign she's scum, which i will admit is a lot less of a case factor currently because, uh, tumbleweed blows by (not that I have much room to talk here :( )

to go further into why i feel better about Hal than Azure, i feel like more of her language has been... idk wishy washy? than Hal's when talking about who's scum and why, which i know is something i try to bake into my posts when scum

and that's, uh, pretty much about it? there's not much to say in a game that's been as quiet as this one

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I'm really sorry! I went out with some of my coworkers tonight and forgot about the game and it's midnight and I have to work and I'm too drunk to really think and I'll talk tomorrow!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also tbqh i'm not sure anyone truly deserves a win this game considering the thread as it stands

MMT for solo win imo

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

*outside of MMT, hence the second line of that post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh good we have another day! I have been travelling for two days and I will be ALL OVER THIS tomorrow so lets all get together and solve this.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Asiina (2): Murmur Twin, Chic Trombone

Not Voting (3): Asiina, Azurelana, Hal Incandenza

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 20th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 43 minutes.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Asiina v definitely scum at this point

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

Asiina v definitely scum at this point

I am somewhat inclined to agree. Need to look over the rest of you though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I still feel pretty good about Chic like I have most of the game. If she is scum I am not really seeing it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't know that I agree that MMT is almost certainly town however, She has shows up here and there to make reads and sort of take over the game, but she has yet to push us towards any actual scum and her cases have all been pretty shallow to me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess I have forgotten Azurelana? I can't recall a thing about them so I will need to read them closer and reassess