Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Thotimx posted:

Humans and Klackons in particular look good IMO, although it's clear the homosapien abandons the 'Star Trek, but less innocent' vibe from the original going with a more 'eastern monk' approach.

I'm not so sure re: abandoning Star Trek...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Martian posted:

As for firing arcs, anything besides Forward is basically never worth it in my experience - in the first two turns of the battle at least, all enemies will probably be within the forward arc, so more weapons that can only fire forward is better than fewer weapons that can fire in other directions too.

I always thought it was worth it to move to "Forward Ext" - the 25% cost isn't that much and saves so much aggravation in turns 3+.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Thotimx posted:

I honestly don't know what value of 'enough defensive spies' is sufficient - the treasury is hoping it's less than infinity - but if double-digit fellas is needed, then I'll just keep em coming.

There’s a hard cap for all spies on a given task (either assigned to one opponent or defending) of 63 spies, so you won’t get to build infinity whether you need it or not.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Thotimx posted:

Choices are getting harder all the time.

The hell they are. Autolabs produce 30 RP with no scientist investment and only cost 3 BC to maintain. You should put them literally everywhere.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Mighty Steed posted:

Yes end-game can be very tedious and vaguely remember auto-build option not being very good.

It’s not. On the other hand you can set up a full build queue which if you aren’t buying production every turn on new planets means you only have to check in every 50 turns or so.